News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What are we watching these days?

Started by LennG, September 02, 2020, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

With the writers on strike, everything could come to a screeching halt for decent television shows. They already had to cancel Saturday Night Live because they had no writers for the actors to act out. They, being a weekly standup show that needs new material every week, makes it the first to feel the pain of the strike. Every other show will soon follow
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jclayton92

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on May 11, 2023, 10:18:43 PMActually, I just finished watching episode 4 of Citadel. I saw on the internet that a new episode would be released every Friday, but as I was surfing, I saw the words, "New Episode" and at the end, it said new episode every Thursday. The internet was wrong!

Sad thing is, just like Reacher, the whole season is only 8 episodes, so it's a very short series. Night Agent on Netflix was good, but only 10 episodes...like Only Murders in the Building...and then wait a year for the next season  ~X(
Is it just me or are those citadel episodes extremely short? The moment I really get into one they are over lol.

Man I hate the weekly release model.

Jclayton92

Just watched "the mother" on netflix. It's basically if John wick was a woman and dating two bad men, and got pregnant by one of them. Only to realize they are even worse mem than she thought and goes to turn them in while pregnant. Gets attacked, gives up the kid, and 12 years later the kid gets taken... in comes the mother who is played by Jlo.

Not a cinematic masterpiece but if you can't find anything to watch right now like me, then it's not a bad hour and a half spent watching JLo kill dudes.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Jclayton92 on May 15, 2023, 12:44:25 PMJust watched "the mother" on netflix. It's basically if John wick was a woman and dating two bad men, and got pregnant by one of them. Only to realize they are even worse mem than she thought and goes to turn them in while pregnant. Gets attacked, gives up the kid, and 12 years later the kid gets taken... in comes the mother who is played by Jlo.

Not a cinematic masterpiece but if you can't find anything to watch right now like me, then it's not a bad hour and a half spent watching JLo kill dudes.

Funny, I came over to the Front Porch of this site for the soul purpose of saying I watched "Mother" and thought it was a good flick. I put it off for a couple days because I'm simply not a fan of J-Lo, but since there was nothing else to watch, I gave it a shot. Glad I did. She really kills it

Jclayton92

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on May 16, 2023, 09:21:13 AMFunny, I came over to the Front Porch of this site for the soul purpose of saying I watched "Mother" and thought it was a good flick. I put it off for a couple days because I'm simply not a fan of J-Lo, but since there was nothing else to watch, I gave it a shot. Glad I did. She really kills it
Yeah really solid!

Jolly Blue Giant

Heads up, Netflix is dropping "Fubar" on Thursday. Looks like a good action series with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Looks like it has plenty of laughs along the way. The good news, all 8 episodes in season 1 will be dropped. None of this "once a week drop". Maybe the execs at Netflix are figuring it out that it irritates people when they go with the weekly drop

Jclayton92

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on May 21, 2023, 10:19:11 AMHeads up, Netflix is dropping "Fubar" on Thursday. Looks like a good action series with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Looks like it has plenty of laughs along the way. The good news, all 8 episodes in season 1 will be dropped. None of this "once a week drop". Maybe the execs at Netflix are figuring it out that it irritates people when they go with the weekly drop

Man I really hate the weekly release model. I just went through and watched both seasons of the white lotus as I haven't seen them until now.

I also watched a series called "In from the cold" on Netflix which was a little out there but solid.

The two main shows I'm watching right now are Citadel and Silo both of which would have benefited from dropping all at once.

That Fubar looks like that "Nobody" movie from a couple years ago with more laughs. I'll be waiting on it.

Also an international Series just started on HBO Max called SpyMaster, I'm going to watch the first two episodes tonight.

Lastly The White House Plumbers on HBO has been really solid but not spectacular so far.

Jclayton92

"Platonic" TV series starring Rose Byrne and Seth Rogen about two people that were best friends their whole life and drifted apart as they both got married. They meet back up after 15 years and so far it's been a great show. The episodes are like 30 minutes each, I remembered Rogen and Byrnes together in both "Neighbors" films and they are hilarious.

So I'd you're looking for a light hearted comedy about people getting older and living in the 2020s check it out. At 30 minutes it's worth putting in the first episode.

Jclayton92

Citadel ending kinda sucked. I didn't even realize it was the finale.

However first 3 episode of platonic and it's really funny.

First several episodes of Silo and it's amazing.

And last started bingeing Fubar and it's actually really good. Arnold and the girl pilot from Top gun maverick star.

Jclayton92

Just wanted to stop in and mention an Australian based show that just dropped 3 episodes on Amazon yesterday..

It's called Deadloch "The town of Deadloch, Tasmania, is preparing for its Winter Feastival when a local man turns up dead. Two detectives and an eager junior constable are sent to investigate the crime".

It's a sleepy town serial killer loose story but flips it and it's absolutely hilarious but also I genuinely good mystery so far.

Sem

Quote from: Jclayton92 on June 02, 2023, 09:29:53 PMJust wanted to stop in and mention an Australian based show that just dropped 3 episodes on Amazon yesterday..

It's called Deadloch "The town of Deadloch, Tasmania, is preparing for its Winter Feastival when a local man turns up dead. Two detectives and an eager junior constable are sent to investigate the crime".

It's a sleepy town serial killer loose story but flips it and it's absolutely hilarious but also I genuinely good mystery so far.

Sounds interesting.

Sem

As usual I'm several months behind most of you. Sometimes I'm even years behind though, so maybe I'm finally trending in the right direction. At any rate, I started watching Night Agent last night. Two episodes in so far and I'm enjoying it.

Ed Vette

I know it's an old series but we really liked, House Of Cards. I rate it up there with Ozark. Once they yanked Kevin Spacey, they had to end it. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

ozzie

Took a bit of a vacation last week to watch my daughter graduate. Coming back on the plane I watched a movie called
"6 Underground". Ryan Reynolds, Ben Hardy, Dave Franco and others are a team of privately funded "Ghost" individuals who take out the "evils" of the world that governments won't.
It is a Michael Bay flick, so the action is non-stop and the body count is thru the roof. There are also a few laughs in it due to Reynolds typical dry wit and humor.
It is action packed and fast paced and you do have to suspend belief and look the other way at a few things, but on a whole I enjoyed it a lot. If you like this kind of thing definitely check it out. It is available on Netflix.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Jclayton92

Quote from: Sem on June 02, 2023, 09:45:13 PMAs usual I'm several months behind most of you. Sometimes I'm even years behind though, so maybe I'm finally trending in the right direction. At any rate, I started watching Night Agent last night. Two episodes in so far and I'm enjoying it.
Night agent is phenomenal