News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What are we watching these days?

Started by LennG, September 02, 2020, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Saw the final season of Jack Ryan comes out June 30th. The 3rd season dropped earlier this year so they must have filmed them back to back, anyways great show coming back soon.

Jclayton92

Jolly Blue Giant

I'm watching "Shooter" on Netflix. I always put it off even though it looked interesting because my girlfriend hates Ryan Phillippe after he divorced Reese Witherspoon. But now that I'm single again, I remembered it was a show I was interested in a couple years ago.

So I got an email a couple days ago the listed all Netflix shows that were going to be taking off the air this month and noticed that "Shooter" will be gone after June 21st. So I gave it a try and I like it a lot. I like shows with violence, bloodshed, mystery, government corruption, revenge, karma, etc.

3 Seasons, with about 25 episodes total so if you decide to binge it, better start soon

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

We started "Love and Death" on Max (HBO streaming) the other day. Done two episodes. Very promising so far.

HBO to me is by far the most consistently high quality content out there. They almost never put out series that are complete busts. I can't really say that about anyone else.

Jclayton92

"Based on a True Story" dropped its whole 1st season on peacock today and I'm about to start watching. Has a stellar cast and here is the plot.

Inspired by a bizarre true event, the series is about a realtor, a plumber and a former tennis star whose lives unexpectedly collide, exposing America's obsession with true crime, and murder as a couple realize they are broke and there is a serial killer near them and so they start a podcast.

Hoping it's the Florida version of only murders in the building.

Jclayton92

DaveBrown74

Started "Black Mirror" season 6 last night. Watched the first two episodes. Episode one was a very interesting concept but (I thought at least) got a bit dumb towards the end. Episode 2 was gripping and good. Looking forward to watching the other three.

For those who have never watched Black Mirror, I highly, highly recommend it. It's on Netflix. Superb dystopian look at the potential outcomes for technology/social media to continue on their current path. Very dark but very good and entertaining.

Jclayton92

With nothing really on right now, I'm rewatching "Justified" as the sequel to it is dropping in a couple of weeks.

Sem

I finished up The Night Agent recently. I felt it was good, not great, maybe a 7/10. Exciting, unrealistic, some so-so acting, but still interesting and exciting enough to keep me watching. Still, I'd probably be up for a second season if it's in the cards.

Black Mirror - I watched the first four seasons and never picked it back up. I think I just forgot about it despite enjoying it. So I just watched S5E1 earlier today and enjoyed it as well. I'm sure I'll be watching the rest of season five and the newly released season six in the near future.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Sem on June 17, 2023, 10:42:04 PMI finished up The Night Agent recently. I felt it was good, not great, maybe a 7/10. Exciting, unrealistic, some so-so acting, but still interesting and exciting enough to keep me watching. Still, I'd probably be up for a second season if it's in the cards.

Black Mirror - I watched the first four seasons and never picked it back up. I think I just forgot about it despite enjoying it. So I just watched S5E1 earlier today and enjoyed it as well. I'm sure I'll be watching the rest of season five and the newly released season six in the near future.

I have wrapped up the whole new season of Black Mirror. Definitely good, but not as exceptional as the first 3-4 seasons. Still well worth watching though.

Jclayton92

Just finished the first season of Silo and 10/10 amazing.

Went to start Jack Ryan season 4 and they are doing a delayed release, 2 episodes a week and only 6 episodes total. Wth.

Bill Brown

Quarterback. The new series on Netflix. Watched the first two episodes and enjoyed them.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

DaveBrown74

Have started "Hijack." British action series about a plane hijacking, now available on Apple. Idris Elba (whom I really like) is the lead. Pretty solid so far.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Sem on June 17, 2023, 10:42:04 PMI finished up The Night Agent recently. I felt it was good, not great, maybe a 7/10. Exciting, unrealistic, some so-so acting, but still interesting and exciting enough to keep me watching. Still, I'd probably be up for a second season if it's in the cards.

Did you see the movie NOBODY with Bob Odenkirk?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on July 12, 2023, 12:24:59 PMDid you see the movie NOBODY with Bob Odenkirk?
Nobody was phenomenal. If you liked Nobody and John Wick give Sisu a try. It was kinda wild but in the same mold.

Plot: During the last days of World War II, a solitary prospector finds gold and on the way to cash in his windfall crosses paths with Nazis on a scorched-earth retreat in northern Finland. When the soldiers decide to steal his gold, they quickly discover they just tangled with no ordinary miner.