News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What are we watching these days?

Started by LennG, September 02, 2020, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 04, 2023, 05:03:33 PMI've been watching Rabbit Hole, I find it very good. Keifer Sutherland seems to be ideal for that role. Kind of getting type-cast since the whole 24 series. Seems to fit him well

I'm interested in Rabbit Hole. I saw that it has a 7.7 on IMDB, which is pretty darn good, plus I like Kiefer Sutherland usually. I will say though the trailer looked a little bit Hollywood-stylized. I normally like grittier stuff. However I'm in no way saying it's not good. I'm sure it is. Once I'm done with Yellowjackets and Succession I'm going to move on to that I think.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 04, 2023, 05:03:33 PMI've been watching Rabbit Hole, I find it very good. Keifer Sutherland seems to be ideal for that role. Kind of getting type-cast since the whole 24 series. Seems to fit him well
Yeah that night manager was extremely well done, I'd like to see more of that. Couldn't have cost that much to make.

Also waiting on Reacher season 2, season one was extremely well done as well.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 04, 2023, 06:52:46 PMYeah that night manager was extremely well done, I'd like to see more of that. Couldn't have cost that much to make.

Also waiting on Reacher season 2, season one was extremely well done as well.

I assume you meant Night Agent (Night Manager was a series with Hugh Laurie in 2016), not being snarky here  ;),  regardless, I agree with you. An 8-episode series goes by in a flash when you binge it. They are making a Night Manager 2, but they way they left it, it seems he's going up the ladder and leaving Rose (New Zealand actress Luciane Buchanan) behind and that would suck because her part was every bit as big as his

I've been waiting for Reacher 2 forever. According to the Amazon, season 2 is all shot and will be released this year, but no date has been given. But since it's completely in the books (film rolls), it would seem it shouldn't be long, and I suspect there will be more seasons afterward as Amazon stated that it is in the top 5 watched shows they've ever produced and they are excited to keep it going

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jclayton92

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 04, 2023, 08:41:02 PMI assume you meant Night Agent (Night Manager was a series with Hugh Laurie in 2016), not being snarky here  ;),  regardless, I agree with you. An 8-episode series goes by in a flash when you binge it. They are making a Night Manager 2, but they way they left it, it seems he's going up the ladder and leaving Rose (New Zealand actress Luciane Buchanan) behind and that would suck because her part was every bit as big as his

I've been waiting for Reacher 2 forever. According to the Amazon, season 2 is all shot and will be released this year, but no date has been given. But since it's completely in the books (film rolls), it would seem it shouldn't be long, and I suspect there will be more seasons afterward as Amazon stated that it is in the top 5 watched shows they've ever produced and they are excited to keep it going

Haha yeah I meant night agent but the night manager was phenomenal as well.

DaveBrown74

I have generally gotten good but not elite feedback on the Night Agent from friends. I hadn't prioritized it to this point, but given the praise it is getting from this group, I will make it more of a priority soon.

Generally I don't like to run anything more than two shows at the same time, and right now I'm watching Yellowjackets and Succession. I also checked out the first episode of "Rabbit Hole" just to get a taste, and I was intrigued, so there is that one too.

Jolly Blue Giant

I started watching Florida Man on Netflix. I like it. Starts slow in the first episode, but really kicks up after that. Lotta shooting, killin, stealin guns, losin guns, betrayal, gold, pissed off gangster wants his woman back, etc. Side angle that is quite funny....an upstate law officer (Clark Gregg, known by his role as the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.) taking his family to Disney World, gets one of his guns stolen, ends up thrown in jail after buying a hot gun from a kid that was used in a murder...interesting that the kid found it because of an alligator. Oh yeah, Abbey Lee is hot as heck and likes to disrobe. Good (maybe great) plot, a little on the humorous side, and does a wonderful job of showing a descriptive side of Florida. Only downside - it's a miniseries of only seven episodes  :( . I'm having fun watching it.

I'm also waiting for the next episode of Perry Mason which I am finding to be excellent

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jclayton92

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 15, 2023, 11:02:37 AMI started watching Florida Man on Netflix. I like it. Starts slow in the first episode, but really kicks up after that. Lotta shooting, killin, stealin guns, losin guns, betrayal, gold, pissed off gangster wants his woman back, etc. Side angle that is quite funny....an upstate law officer (Clark Gregg, known by his role as the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.) taking his family to Disney World, gets one of his guns stolen, ends up thrown in jail after buying a hot gun from a kid that was used in a murder...interesting that the kid found it because of an alligator. Oh yeah, Abbey Lee is hot as heck and likes to disrobe. Good (maybe great) plot, a little on the humorous side, and does a wonderful job of showing a descriptive side of Florida. Only downside - it's a miniseries of only seven episodes  :( . I'm having fun watching it.

I'm also waiting for the next episode of Perry Mason which I am finding to be excellent

The Diplomat starring Keri Russell from the Americans FX tv show drops Tuesday from the creator the west wing and Homeland. It's supposed to be good.

Also this coming week Amazon drops the citadel with pryiank Chopra and Richard Madden From GOT and the bodyguard which is an assassin thriller.

Just to give you something to watch 👊

kartanoman

As the 10th season of "The Curse of Oak Island," on the History Channel, reaches its crescendo and wrap-up for this season, my Huntsville, Alabama pal Dr. Travis Taylor kicked off the fourth season of "The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch" last night. Travis came clean in that he was planted by the government to study the phenomenon at the ranch as part of the UAP research the government was condu ting in secret. Whether Travis knows of the metal object in the side of the hill is now debatable given he has the government security clearance and need to know which means he knows who the surveillance aircraft are and why they are there.

My thought is that Travis is on-site to facilitate the test requirements development, planning, preparation and execution with the team; however, ensure their endeavor doesn't breach the classified elements of what is on the ranch, their capabilities or their origin.

Travis, knowing where that "line in the sand" is, can then utilize his engineering, science and technology experience to generate cool, gee-whiz tests with plenty of optics to impress the viewers. When I worked in the Missile Defense world in Huntsville, some 15-20 years ago, I attended Agency Headquarter briefings where Travis was briefing Generals. The man has done it all.

But this coming season will be entertaining for the experiments they will conduct in order to characterize the forces on the ranch, as well as identifying the triggers which make the UAP/UFO appear in the sky.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Ed Vette

Quote from: kartanoman on April 19, 2023, 01:55:44 PMAs the 10th season of "The Curse of Oak Island," on the History Channel, reaches its crescendo and wrap-up for this season, my Huntsville, Alabama pal Dr. Travis Taylor kicked off the fourth season of "The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch" last night. Travis came clean in that he was planted by the government to study the phenomenon at the ranch as part of the UAP research the government was condu ting in secret. Whether Travis knows of the metal object in the side of the hill is now debatable given he has the government security clearance and need to know which means he knows who the surveillance aircraft are and why they are there.

My thought is that Travis is on-site to facilitate the test requirements development, planning, preparation and execution with the team; however, ensure their endeavor doesn't breach the classified elements of what is on the ranch, their capabilities or their origin.

Travis, knowing where that "line in the sand" is, can then utilize his engineering, science and technology experience to generate cool, gee-whiz tests with plenty of optics to impress the viewers. When I worked in the Missile Defense world in Huntsville, some 15-20 years ago, I attended Agency Headquarter briefings where Travis was briefing Generals. The man has done it all.

But this coming season will be entertaining for the experiments they will conduct in order to characterize the forces on the ranch, as well as identifying the triggers which make the UAP/UFO appear in the sky.

Peace!

https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/3953558-10-key-questions-for-this-weeks-historic-ufo-hearing/

https://www.armed-services.senate.gov/hearings/to-receive-testimony-on-the-mission-activities-oversight-and-budget-of-the-all-domain-anomaly-resolution-office

Skywalker Ranch is a mystery that they will never figure out. Crazy xxxx going on there. There was a Joe Rogan podcast with George Knapp and Jeremy Corbell and midway they discuss it.

https://youtu.be/Hc6pbG4wICA

Then Rogan interviewed Commander Fravor who reported the Tic Tac crafts with radar and visual footage.

https://youtu.be/Eco2s3-0zsQ

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bill Brown

I enjoy Oak Island. I think all the stuff they dig up is amazing. I don't know about any treasure but unless they are pulling an amazing hoax the roads and tunnels and artifacts are very interesting.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Ed Vette

Just started the second season of House of Cards.

I'm sure it was discussed at some point in this thread. So far I think it's very well done. Anyone else watch it?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on August 11, 2021, 02:35:13 PMWe are almost finished with Manifest, with about 4 more episodes to go in season 3. Season 1 and 2 are on Netflix and we are watching Season 3 'On Demand' from our cable company from NBC On Demand.

What we have heard is that there was a big cliffhanger at the end of Season 3 then it was cut by NBC so no one can resolve what has happened. Myself, I don't really care. As I have said, some of this series is starting to resemble Lost, in that so many things that are happening are simply so silly and unbelievable, that it's hard to stay with this. AND, as I said before, my darling wife LOVES it--so there (In other words, I HAVE to keep watching to make her happy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:)
We finished the first part of season 4. Linda loves it too and I tolerate it as it's become predictable and some situations drag on too long. I'll finish the series with her when the second half comes out.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on August 15, 2021, 04:54:11 PMOK, I'm on a roll.

As many know, I LOVE movies, much more than many TV series. I watch movies all the time, most are older and really nothing worth mentioning. Unlike my friend Jim, who LOVES to rewatch many of his favorite movies (I do also) but I am always trying to watch other movies as well. I go thru listings and see what MIGHT appeal to me, give it a shot and I am usually satisfied or pretty disappointed.

As I have said many times, certain genres of movies just get me going, a good western, a good war movie, a good action/thriller, a good 'film noir', and a good crime-type movie, be it older/newer/mafia involved. There are many other genres that I like--sci-fi, fantasy, and adult comedy. Many movies in these genres my darling wife doesn't really care for so I watch alone or am forced to watch 'romance and Hallmark' (UGH) movies. well, some aren't too bad, but they are, as we say, not 'in my wheelhouse'.

So what's the point in all of this. I was on Netflix going thru some of the categories and top movies in those categories and came up with a movie, I said WOW, this should be good.
The movie is sort of a newer movie, from 2019, "The Highwaymen" starring Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson, as aging Texas Rangers, who, even though they were past their prime and retired, get sent out on the trail of Bonny and Clyde.   
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1860242/

Why did I never hear of this movie, as it has two very good actors and a scenario that fits right into the genre of movies I would like?

So, I put the A/C on and sat down to watch this movie, and guess what, I LOVED it. As I said, I am on a roll, 2 excellent movies in a couple of days.

As I said, Costner plays Frank Hamer (if you know the story of Bonny and Clyde, the WAS the guy who got them), maybe the greatest Texas Ranger ever. So he is old and retired and he traded his horse in for a rich life of doing nothing. He is called into service against the wishes of the governor of Texas, but Bonny and Clyde are wreaking havoc and they need to be stopped. Hamer calls on one of 'his guys' Woody Harrelson, who is basically sitting around waiting to die, so he jumps at the chance to get on the trail again.

The story is about how these two 'older' men do what they do best and in the end, defeat Bonny and Clyde.

The movie does make it a point and makes this point many times, that people LOVED Bonny and Clyde. They were heroes as well in the media and this really irks Costner as they kill many law enforcement officers.

The movie is not for kids, as there are killings and the killing of Bonny and Clyde is shown pretty much the way it happened. There is some blood but not a lot and most of the killings aren't shown on camera.

As you can see from my long review, I recommend this movie 100% if this is the type of movie that interests you. If nothing more than to see two 'older' wonderful actors in their later years doing what they do best.
Terrific movie and I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for the recommendation!
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

weeze

Well, ever since I got this Roku set up whenever I try and find a movie the selection is so big it takes forever just to go through what I can watch. and that's just in the ROKU channel offerings! Then there are another 8 or 9 "program bundles: not to mention some of them offer a couple hundred movies just on their site,
  So, I end up watching movies I've never heard of with actors I don't know and some of them are made in Mongolia for god's sake and....... I didn't think it was possible to have too much programming, but it is.
 AND for a update. I put my house on the market 2 weeks ago and got a offer today at like 3 o'clock and we countered, and they countered, and I got the exact price I was hoping for. I close somewhere in the last week of MAY and will be in Giants broadcast area the first week in June! So, boys it's back to New York State after a 35 year absence!
Just so you all know, my new dog Zoey is looking forward to seeing snow for the first time, it should be fun! 
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

Bill Brown

Quote from: weeze on April 27, 2023, 11:30:11 PMWell, ever since I got this Roku set up whenever I try and find a movie the selection is so big it takes forever just to go through what I can watch. and that's just in the ROKU channel offerings! Then there are another 8 or 9 "program bundles: not to mention some of them offer a couple hundred movies just on their site,
  So, I end up watching movies I've never heard of with actors I don't know and some of them are made in Mongolia for god's sake and....... I didn't think it was possible to have too much programming, but it is.
 AND for a update. I put my house on the market 2 weeks ago and got a offer today at like 3 o'clock and we countered, and they countered, and I got the exact price I was hoping for. I close somewhere in the last week of MAY and will be in Giants broadcast area the first week in June! So, boys it's back to New York State after a 35 year absence!
Just so you all know, my new dog Zoey is looking forward to seeing snow for the first time, it should be fun! 

That's good news John. I hope Zoey likes snow. And the ROKU device is very nice. Tons of stuff to watch for free.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."