News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What are we watching these days?

Started by LennG, September 02, 2020, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie

That's great! Good luck with the move!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

weeze

well thsnk you.
 I had a walk thru at my home this afternoon which
 I hope it is the last one since have both signed as of yesterday so why did my realtor make me show it again? I guess because it was scheduled yesterday morning.
Now it's time to dig out 10 of my pinball machines that a friend o.f mine is taking, along with my jukebox, to a storage facility in Balston Spa. on Monday.
ok so I watched this movie just now, "Jack and Diane" about two teenage girls of the lezbonic persuasion. I didn't understand it, and nothing HAPPENED! I don't get it. So, I looked up the reviews. Nobody gave it much credit at all. If you see it listed, save your time and watch something else.
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

weeze

Remembering that I am easily confused, here is my review of a movie I just finished watching on Roku.
 "Brawl in Cell Block 99". It stars the skinny version of Vince Vaughn as a guy who loses his job at the car repair/ towing business and starts running drugs for a big-time dealer. His only commitment in life is to his wife and the possibility of having a child.
 Vince Vaughan in his skinny shape is freaking GREAT! Playing a all-around bad ass hes convincing in this role. The only other actor I saw is Don Johnson of "Miami Vice" fame in a significant but small role. Always wondered how in "Miami Vice" he was always running around in that Miami heat with a collar less shirt and sport coats but never seemed to get sweat stains on those sports coat collars.  Oh that's right, its tv.
Warning: this movie is violent to the Tarentino level. I even closed my eyes and looked away three or four times.
 Even with all the violence depicted, I liked the movie. Definitely not a "date night" flick, definitely NOT for the wimmens!
 I enjoyed this "B" movie and I think if you can handle the violence, you will too.

ozzie

I like Vince Vaughn but don't think I've ever even heard of this movie. I don't have ROKU, but if I can find it somewhere, I'll give it a look.
Thanks
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."

John Mara

Sem

Weezer, I remember you giving me holy hell for not looking you up last time I was in North Port. Next time  I go back there you won't be around, dammit. Tell the truth you're just going back to NY for the Hoffman Snappys aren't you!?!? Just kidding of course. Congrats on selling your home and good luck with the move.

weeze

I was in North Port yesterday at one of their dawg parks for about a hour.
 OK we had a huge thunderstorm this morning at 530 am so needless to say we were up early. Coffee and turn on the tub for the nest movie: "The Paperboy".
Staring
John Cusack.......meh
Matthew McConaughey [sic} I think he's better then average actor
Nicole Kidman.....nice rack and a good actor
Zac Efron..... he should go back to Disney and just stay there. Give him a job in the custodial division and let him go around picking up tossed trash from the Desantis supporters. He is worthless as a actor. His reputation is one of a punk kid but supposedly he's finally decided to grow up, I mean hes gotta be 30 by now.
Plot: Where?
The scenery was ok if you like to see the swamps of Florida.
Violence- plenty of wimmen beating, bad language, not for kids.Ole Zac goes swimming right into a whole load of jellyfish and gets all stung up. Couple people get killed but its not gruesome.
My opinion: not for anyone else either. Save your time and oxygen and find a movie elsewhere.
 Now I watch movies a lot and I'll continue doing my quick reviews but if you don't like them, please speak up, don't want to bore you guys!

MagicRat

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 16, 2023, 04:15:20 PMThe Diplomat starring Keri Russell from the Americans FX tv show drops Tuesday from the creator the west wing and Homeland. It's supposed to be good.
5 episodes in, it's a fun watch but it kind of falls between two stools.
It's comedic (a less sweary Veep) in places but the tone/plot is designed, I think, to be more serious.

The PM and President are obviously based on Johnson and Biden.

Worth a go around.

Smell my cheese you mother!

Jclayton92

Quote from: MagicRat on April 30, 2023, 01:26:02 PM5 episodes in, it's a fun watch but it kind of falls between two stools.
It's comedic (a less sweary Veep) in places but the tone/plot is designed, I think, to be more serious.

The PM and President are obviously based on Johnson and Biden.

Worth a go around.

Yeah it was solid but not a home run.

Just started the Citadel by the Russo Brothers and I'm continuing on with Rabbit hole, Both are good so far.

MagicRat

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 30, 2023, 03:41:39 PMYeah it was solid but not a home run.
Ahhhhhh......that'll be season 2 T'ed up then.
Smell my cheese you mother!

Jolly Blue Giant

Started watching Citadel (on Prime) and it set the hook. Ended up watching three episodes back to back. Incredible action scenes, great plot, takes you all over the world, and Priyanka Chopra is hot. The series is like a mash-up of James Bond on steroids mixed with Jason Bourne. I don't normally say a movie or series is worth 5 stars, but this one is. So glad I gave it a try. This is a must watch for anyone who like extreme action and spy movies/series

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

ozzie

Quote from: weeze on April 30, 2023, 12:30:08 PMNow I watch movies a lot and I'll continue doing my quick reviews but if you don't like them, please speak up, don't want to bore you guys!

Please keep the reviews coming. That's what this thread is all about  :ok:

John Mara

Jclayton92

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on May 06, 2023, 07:44:53 AMStarted watching Citadel (on Prime) and it set the hook. Ended up watching three episodes back to back. Incredible action scenes, great plot, takes you all over the world, and Priyanka Chopra is hot. The series is like a mash-up of James Bond on steroids mixed with Jason Bourne. I don't normally say a movie or series is worth 5 stars, but this one is. So glad I gave it a try. This is a must watch for anyone who like extreme action and spy movies/series

I'm hooked as well.

Also watching white house plumbers from HBO

But I'm completely out of shows to watch besides citadel...

Thinking of starting the white lotus but besides that I really wish I could find something good lol.

Rabbit hole had a good finish

Oh I also just started Silo and first two episodes were great

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Jclayton92 on May 11, 2023, 06:52:35 PMI'm hooked as well.

Also watching white house plumbers from HBO

But I'm completely out of shows to watch besides citadel...

Thinking of starting the white lotus but besides that I really wish I could find something good lol.

Rabbit hole had a good finish

Oh I also just started Silo and first two episodes were great

Yeah, it sucks that there's only 3 episodes released. Will be a new episode every Friday I guess. Hopefully the writer's strike doesn't affect it.

Out of stuff to watch myself, I re-watched Reacher on Prime. Still good the second time around. I think season 2 will be dropped late May, early June

Jclayton92

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on May 11, 2023, 07:43:38 PMYeah, it sucks that there's only 3 episodes released. Will be a new episode every Friday I guess. Hopefully the writer's strike doesn't affect it.

Out of stuff to watch myself, I re-watched Reacher on Prime. Still good the second time around. I think season 2 will be dropped late May, early June
Lol I rewatched it 2 weeks ago as well. We seem to have similar interests in  series so If I find something new I'll give you a shout.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Jclayton92 on May 11, 2023, 09:20:55 PMLol I rewatched it 2 weeks ago as well. We seem to have similar interests in  series so If I find something new I'll give you a shout.

Actually, I just finished watching episode 4 of Citadel. I saw on the internet that a new episode would be released every Friday, but as I was surfing, I saw the words, "New Episode" and at the end, it said new episode every Thursday. The internet was wrong!

Sad thing is, just like Reacher, the whole season is only 8 episodes, so it's a very short series. Night Agent on Netflix was good, but only 10 episodes...like Only Murders in the Building...and then wait a year for the next season  ~X(