News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Bo Burnham

Started by Bob In PA, August 02, 2021, 12:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

Are any of you other (LOL) old farts familiar with this guy?  He's a "new" generation comedian whom I believe has a chance to walk in the footsteps of guys like George Carlin and Steven Martin.

My belief is NOT based on style, which I suspect will be off-putting to some of you, but rather on my sense that he is a hard worker (an opinion based on almost nothing other than a gut feeling) and very talented.

He began as a YouTube "success" but has now done at least three videos which are currently available on Netflix.  Just interested in hearing how your view his form of entertainment and your estimation of his prospects.

Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

LennG

Never heard of him, but will try and catch something if he is on Netflix.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Never heard of him & don't have Netflix.

Gregwall44

just watched make happy again last night. Awesome.

heard his new one got super woke and heard mixed reviews.

he talks about being against double standards but has been against idpol and now cucking to it a bit? idk...

Bob In PA

Quote from: Gregwall44 on August 09, 2021, 07:45:30 AM
just watched make happy again last night. Awesome.

heard his new one got super woke and heard mixed reviews.

he talks about being against double standards but has been against idpol and now cucking to it a bit? idk...
Greg: As a comedian, I think he is intentionally exploring all the subjects which some people seek to make "off-limits." 

To me, that means he'll sometimes poke fun of the "woke" crowd. 

At other times, he may poke fun of the people who poke fun of the "woke" crowd (if you see what I mean).

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!