News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Yellowstone Park Disaster

Started by Bill Brown, June 15, 2022, 12:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Brown

A devastating flood of the Yellowstone River has caused a disaster for the National Park and several towns in the surrounding area. It is possible that the park will be closed for the rest of the year due to so much road and bridge destruction. This will be devastating to the residents of those communities and dash the dreams of thousands of tourists that will not be able to go to their Yellowstone vacation.

Prayers for the residents of those towns and special prayers to the staff we hung out with at the Antler Pub in Gardiner Montana last year.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

That's horrible. They now need to expand to where the river carved out. It will likely happen again in a future storm. The alluvion affect of such redefines roads, boundaries and property lines. Some of those homes may have to be razed and the land purchased by the state as flood hazard zones.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

I heard on the news that the park will open sooner than expected and that most of the park will be accessible.  The major damage will limit visitors a bit but the park will more or less be open and accessable
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 20, 2022, 08:56:59 AMI heard on the news that the park will open sooner than expected and that most of the park will be accessible.  The major damage will limit visitors a bit but the park will more or less be open and accessable

I heard yesterday that only the South Loop will be open. Yellowstone has 2 loops, like a figure 8, each taking you to different parts of the huge park. From what I heard, the North Loop may not be open till the end of the summer and beyond, and the supposed cost to repair all the damage is in the billions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/yellowstone-to-partly-reopen-after-historic-flooding/ar-AAYCypm?ocid=uxbndlbing
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss