News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Turning the clocks

Started by Bill Brown, November 01, 2022, 08:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Brown

There is a bill being proposed in Congress that would make daylight savings time become a permanent thing. No more turning the clock. Just wondering if you guys have any thoughts on this. Personally I am all for it. It's easy for me to choose that because I live in Maine and it sucks when it gets dark at 4 o'clock. It means that for most working people here all their free time is in the dark. It would be nice to have that extra hour of daylight.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

T200

I'd be happy if they'd just align with the rest of the world.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

I would be fine with eliminating it, but I want standard time rather than daylight savings time.   I am an earlier bird these days and would prefer more daylight at the beginning of the days
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I like it. Anytime you can eliminate unneeded complexity without any real cost, it's usually a good idea.

Ed Vette

I think it had to do with children going to school in the dark. For me it works better at daylight savings time.

I've thought about what it might be like to move it two or three hours back and leave it. People being at work and school and the sun rising might be kind of cool. Would criminal activity be later or earlier.

I was examining the book of revelations recently and the first day and each day thereafter began with the evening and then the morning. Which is interesting.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Since I am not working, that part of the equation just doesn't fit into my lifestyle.

I would love to be on Standard time all year. and never worry about DST again.

And I do have a reason behind it all. As most know, we keep the Sabbath--Friday night and Saturday. in our house we do not use appliances, we don't turn on lights (timers for everything) and we do not cook (we can warm up something that is already cooked, as we leave a burner on all night and day. That said, the sooner the Sabbath ends the better so we can go out on a Saturday night, prepare a meal and with DST that pushes it back an extra hour, which, in summer months, if we wanted to go out to eat on a Saturday night, we can't until an hour after sundown, around 9:00 and later sometimes.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

GIANTS1

move it a half hour either way an never touch again.