News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Caleb Williams ‘ain’t gonna make it’ with Giants after crying in stands

Started by brownelvis54, November 10, 2023, 02:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

Quote from: B1GBLUE on November 11, 2023, 08:43:10 AMth
this is one of my bigger concerns about him. these fumbles happen to him when hes dancing around like a backup michael jackson dancer. if its that bad in college football, against teams who 99% of guys wont make the nfl, you can rest assured it will be WAY worse in the NFL. We all hated jones for his fumbling problem early in his career right? why on earth would you salivate over the guy with the MOST fumbles in college football. I just dont get that.
Fumbles can be fixed. Exhibit #1: Tiki Barber.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

sooners56

If the Giants have a chance to draft Caleb Williams and don't, it would be a monumental travesty!
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

brownelvis54

Quote from: sooners56 on November 13, 2023, 03:35:43 PMIf the Giants have a chance to draft Caleb Williams and don't, it would be a monumental travesty!

You might be right, but in my opinion, I think you'd be a huge mistake for the New York Giants. I would rather have Maye, McCarthy or Daniels
The KING is in the building

B1GBLUE

Quote from: T200 on November 13, 2023, 08:46:14 AMFumbles can be fixed. Exhibit #1: Tiki Barber.

different for a RB who needed to adjust how he carries and protects the ball, and a QB who is known for dancing around trying to make things happen. in order for him to stop fumbling, he will have to stop doing that, which is a huge part of his game.

AYM

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 11, 2023, 09:45:39 AMCan you be more specific? Williams has no disciplinary history or any other significant problems. He's been a star on the field. He seems personable. I don't get where the negativity is coming from. I'd love to know.

When I hear "doesn't seem like the type Mara would want to be the face of the franchise" about someone who has done nothing wrong (at least that anyone knows about), I have to say, it makes me wonder what the person making that claim is really thinking.

I think Mara basically wants the Eli profile, so to speak. Even tempered on field and off, says inoffensive things to the media, does team and charity events, quiet leader. Jones fit that profile. I don't think Caleb Williams does.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: AYM on November 13, 2023, 07:06:09 PMI think Mara basically wants the Eli profile, so to speak. Even tempered on field and off, says inoffensive things to the media, does team and charity events, quiet leader. Jones fit that profile. I don't think Caleb Williams does.

Understood.

Has Williams ever said something offensive to the media or gotten in even minor trouble? If he has, I am unaware.

Williams is a 21 year old college student who has already started his own charitable foundation (see below), which has included events, partnering with other organizations, and significant capital raises. Do we know what charitable achievements Jones had accomplished by age 21? I honestly have no idea.

https://calebcares.org/

I fully get that Williams does not have the same personality as Jones. But do we really believe Mara will nix the idea of drafting him because of that reason? Why is Jones the paradigm for what Mara would want to do moving forward?

Also, hasn't Mara been quoted directly as saying he only vetoes a player his GM and coach want when there is a very significant off the field conduct issue? I have watched him say that before in an interview, so either he was lying through his teeth or he will have no problem with Williams if that's who his coach and GM want to go with (assuming they're in a position to get him).

JT39

MightyGiants

Carl Banks on Compassion for Young Athletes: Understanding Caleb Williams' Emotions
Former NFL linebacker Carl Banks weighs in on emotions in sports with the recent spotlight on Caleb Williams and has a few choice words for the "tough guys" out there.

https://www.si.com/fannation/bleav/.preview/cn02ce6e305000240c?auth=1700101887:bde8149a6566165b0c69c70e28dbe391455e7a55&nonce=1700015487191
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin