News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Cowboys game thread

Started by MightyGiants, November 12, 2023, 03:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: T200 on November 12, 2023, 07:15:55 PMThere's absolutely nothing to like about this team. Not one thing.

They're non-competitive. "Any given Sunday" doesn't apply to them. I have zero faith in them to beat anyone.

T200

I wish we had someone to knock that fucking smirk off Prescott's face.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

brownelvis54

It was so obvious today that the New England Patriots tanked they were winning.... And pulled Mac Jones to put in their back up quarterback, and then then lost.
The KING is in the building

DaveBrown74

I really don't think viewers (from either fan base) want to hear Kevin Burkhardt rap or sing along with stadium songs. He has gotten on my nerves tonight.

H-Town G-Fan

This team has record-setting ineptitude. You can't handwave that away with talk of injuries.

kartanoman

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on November 12, 2023, 07:17:59 PMThey're non-competitive. "Any given Sunday" doesn't apply to them. I have zero faith in them to beat anyone.

The non-competitive part is a bad sign. Watching the Cowboys yuck it up on the sideline while the Giants bench is amok in arguments, then players walking away when senior players are trying to talk with them (e.g. Slayton walking away from Shepard). It's a red flag look that will get a coach fired no matter what happened last season. If we start seeing the players tune out the coaches, then it could very well be the end for this staff, hard to believe after all the turmoil the last 13 seasons.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

allieshermanghost

Giants throw everything at Harbaugh to coach including the GM title as well?

MagicRat

Quote from: T200 on November 12, 2023, 07:18:06 PMI wish we had someone to knock that fucking smirk off Prescott's face.
That'll come.
And the good thing is that it will most likely come January rather than in a regular season game.
Sad, but that's what I'm hanging my hat on for the season, him and Hurts getting beasted in the post season.
Smell my cheese you mother!

weeze

and right now Id still rather be a Giants fan then be a smirking pile of hot cowshit thats across the field from them.
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: kartanoman on November 12, 2023, 07:27:26 PMThe non-competitive part is a bad sign. Watching the Cowboys yuck it up on the sideline while the Giants bench is amok in arguments, then players walking away when senior players are trying to talk with them (e.g. Slayton walking away from Shepard). It's a red flag look that will get a coach fired no matter what happened last season. If we start seeing the players tune out the coaches, then it could very well be the end for this staff, hard to believe after all the turmoil the last 13 seasons.

Peace!

I'm inclined to agree. When I'm less reactionary, I think that Daboll likely deserves another year based on last season and an opportunity to have his own QB. But these performances... There are plenty of bad teams. They score more than 7 points. They don't look unprepared to play. Surely the talent is lacking, but the coaching has seemed as bad as any I've seen. And I wonder if last year's (mirage of) success led to inflated egos and distorted appreciations of their own capabilities.

T200

Quote from: MagicRat on November 12, 2023, 07:32:06 PMThat'll come.
And the good thing is that it will most likely come January rather than in a regular season game.
Sad, but that's what I'm hanging my hat on for the season, him and Hurts getting beasted in the post season.
You're right.

But I want it to be US that knocks them out. They and Philly have been routinely kicking our ass for 10+ years. I'm at the point where I'd take a 4-13 season for the next 10 years as long as we sweep them every year.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

bighitterdalama

They were trying to get Shepherd a touchdown. Five passes in the end zone to Shepherd.

kartanoman

Quote from: bighitterdalama on November 12, 2023, 07:40:41 PMThey were trying to get Shepherd a touchdown. Five passes in the end zone to Shepherd.
That was a redemption, of sorts, for both Shepard AND the coach in that his team kept fighting to the end.

Still, an ugly showing despite being overmatched from the get-go.

Thank goodness it's over! Onto the Ranger game!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

bighitterdalama

Quote from: kartanoman on November 12, 2023, 07:44:31 PMThat was a redemption, of sorts, for both Shepard AND the coach in that his team kept fighting to the end.

Still, an ugly showing despite being overmatched from the get-go.

Thank goodness it's over! Onto the Ranger game!

Peace!

1-1 after the first period.

Giant Obsession

Sterling should retire after this game so we can audition others.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon