News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants likely draft slot

Started by MightyGiants, January 06, 2024, 10:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkavage

Quote from: Trench on January 07, 2024, 06:54:56 PMIn that case they will go with Jones and a capable backup and hope for the best - and prepare to sign a free agent the following year
That scenario might cost Daboll his job.

Trench

katkavage

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

What if the Giants are afraid that Jones and his neck issues are a big concern? Can they offer an injury settlement if they feel he can't be counted on the be the QB? How does something like this work?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

coggs

Jclayton92

The Giants do what they need to inorder to get Jayden Daniels. That means pick 3 or 4. Do what you need to inorder to get the signal caller.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on January 07, 2024, 07:46:34 PMThe Giants do what they need to inorder to get Jayden Daniels. That means pick 3 or 4. Do what you need to inorder to get the signal caller.

Agreed, but unless the Bears don't want a QB and plan on keeping Fields, that may not be possible even if we're willing to pay up. I see literally zero chance that both the Commanders and Pats don't take a QB.

katkavage

Quote from: Jclayton92 on January 07, 2024, 07:46:34 PMThe Giants do what they need to inorder to get Jayden Daniels. That means pick 3 or 4. Do what you need to inorder to get the signal caller.
QB is easily the team's biggest need. The OL needs some help but is not in awful shape. WR would be nice but not primary. Defense needs another rusher but there are some good young players there.

coggs

Quote from: katkavage on January 07, 2024, 07:50:12 PMQB is easily the team's biggest need. The OL needs some help but is not in awful shape. WR would be nice but not primary. Defense needs another rusher but there are some good young players there.
It is not?  Their OL just yielded the 2nd most sacks since it became an official stat.

katkavage

Quote from: coggs on January 07, 2024, 07:54:00 PMIt is not?  Their OL just yielded the 2nd most sacks since it became an official stat.
It will be addressed in free agency and in the draft but certainly not a first round pick.

coggs

Quote from: katkavage on January 07, 2024, 07:55:42 PMIt will be addressed in free agency and in the draft but certainly not a first round pick.
How has FA OL worked out for the Giants recently?

katkavage

Quote from: coggs on January 07, 2024, 08:01:18 PMHow has FA OL worked out for the Giants recently?
Has the most recent first round tackle worked out for the Giants?. I'll leave it to the GM to make the decision. It is his job that is on the line.

coggs

Quote from: katkavage on January 07, 2024, 08:04:47 PMHas the most recent first round tackle worked out for the Giants?. I'll leave it to the GM to make the decision. It is his job that is on the line.
It is a lot more expensive on the cap to bring in OL FA's.  They are almost always overpaid and underperform.  With the need for OL talent, if the FA's were worth the money, their team's would lock them up before they get to UFA status.

katkavage

Quote from: coggs on January 07, 2024, 08:07:09 PMIt is a lot more expensive on the cap to bring in OL FA's.  They are almost always overpaid and underperform.  With the need for OL talent, if the FA's were worth the money, their team's would lock them up before they get to UFA status.
Like I said, it's on the GM. I just think it's very doubtful the team drafts o line with the sixth pick. Taylor is the closest they have now to a capable QB and he won't be re signed.