News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Word is out!

Started by Ed Vette, September 11, 2023, 08:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Stunt and Blitz the Giants because their Offensive Line can't defeat it and Daniel Jones becomes a deer in the headlights, and is completely thrown off his game.

They better find an answer, otherwise this is going to be a long #ucking Season.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kingm56

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 11, 2023, 08:34:32 AMStunt and Blitz the Giants because their Offensive Line can't defeat it and Daniel Jones becomes a deer in the headlights, and is completely thrown off his game.

They better find an answer, otherwise this is going to be a long #ucking Season.

Most teams don't have a Lawrence or parsons to generate that much pressure.  The latter is a damn stud.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 11, 2023, 08:34:32 AMStunt and Blitz the Giants because their Offensive Line can't defeat it and Daniel Jones becomes a deer in the headlights, and is completely thrown off his game.

Ed: Don't forget the cheap shot Jones took in the 1st series. He's tough but there's a reason why that's a foul (and IMO should have resulted in an ejection). That part of your statement is probably not a "general rule." Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

4 Aces

Bob - I'm surprised there isn't more discussion on that hit. IMO there is no way Jones wasn't shaken up after that. He took a double slam to the head, and it looked like there were at least 2 Cowboys defenders looking to take him out.

He was wobbly when he got up. And he was a deer in the headlights the rest of the game IMO. There were a couple of times when Waller was wide open off the snap, DJ looking his way and just didn't throw it. I'd bet he got a concussion on that 2nd play.

Ed Vette

Quote from: 4 Aces on September 11, 2023, 08:49:35 AMBob - I'm surprised there isn't more discussion on that hit. IMO there is no way Jones wasn't shaken up after that. He took a double slam to the head, and it looked like there were at least 2 Cowboys defenders looking to take him out.

He was wobbly when he got up. And he was a deer in the headlights the rest of the game IMO. There were a couple of times when Waller was wide open off the snap, DJ looking his way and just didn't throw it. I'd bet he got a concussion on that 2nd play.

So they let him play with a concussion all night? It was a blatant foul that should have been called but there is no way that affected him the rest of the game. The DJ excuses never cease to end here.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: 4 Aces on September 11, 2023, 08:49:35 AMBob - I'm surprised there isn't more discussion on that hit. IMO there is no way Jones wasn't shaken up after that. He took a double slam to the head, and it looked like there were at least 2 Cowboys defenders looking to take him out.

Aces: That's how big, strong, TOUGH Jones is.  I'm surprised he did as well as he did the rest of the game. There is an important reason why hitting a sliding QB is a penalty, and I thought the player should have been ejected. Further, I thought the Giants should have sent Simmons to "pay it back" to Prescott on the next series. Bob

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 11, 2023, 08:54:26 AMSo they let him play with a concussion all night? It was a blatant foul that should have been called but there is no way that affected him the rest of the game. The DJ excuses never cease to end here.
Ed: I never said concussion. Think boxing, not football. Tough guys get hit a lot and never suffer a concussion, but if you think that doesn't affect their performance... Bob

4 Aces

Ed - excuses?

The back of the guy's head bounced off the turf like a pinball. These guys aren't robots.

Rambo89

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 11, 2023, 08:54:26 AMSo they let him play with a concussion all night? It was a blatant foul that should have been called but there is no way that affected him the rest of the game. The DJ excuses never cease to end here.

Agreed.  With the protocols that are in place there is no way the Giants would have let Jones continue if there was even a slight concern that he had a head injury.

Quote from: 4 Aces on September 11, 2023, 08:49:35 AMHe was wobbly when he got up. And he was a deer in the headlights the rest of the game IMO. There were a couple of times when Waller was wide open off the snap, DJ looking his way and just didn't throw it. I'd bet he got a concussion on that 2nd play.

Jones looking like a deer in the headlights is nothing new for him.  We've seen that for most of his career.

He was awful last night so was the rest of the team.  It wasn't because of a shot he took in the first quarter.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on September 11, 2023, 08:56:37 AMEd: I never said concussion. Think boxing, not football. Tough guys get hit a lot and never suffer a concussion, but if you think that doesn't affect their performance... Bob
I didn't quote you, Bob. Yes, I get it and to quote Mike Tyson, "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth.' But Bob, the entire game? I don't blame Jones for not putting the team on his back. He was harassed last night and no QB would play well under those circumstances, but there were many opportunities he missed because as I've said over the years, he crumbles under pressure and big moments. If he's going to run as soon as there's pressure and stop looking downfield, it's on him. If he can't throw on the run, he's scared. Protect this QB and he will slice you up to no tomorrow. If he had been playing for Dallas last night, he would have had a better night than Prescott did. He needs a line like that, Bob, and it doesn't look good.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 11, 2023, 09:04:34 AMAgreed.  With the protocols that are in place there is no way the Giants would have let Jones continue if there was even a slight concern that he had a head injury.

Jones looking like a deer in the headlights is nothing new for him.  We've seen that for most of his career.

He was awful last night so was the rest of the team.  It wasn't because of a shot he took in the first quarter.
If it was true, the medical staff should be fired today.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 11, 2023, 09:05:14 AMI didn't quote you, Bob.
Ed: I was aware you weren't quoting me. This is one of those times when the printed word just didn't suffice. I probably should have chosen better words to convey that I wasn't chiding you, but rather seeking to distinguish my point from Aces' point. Bob

MightyGiants

Picking up stunts and blitzes is a matter of coordination.  This is the price Dabs paid, when he insisted on constantly rotating the starting O-line instead of allowing them to spend lots of time working together.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

President Rick

I recall  we lost to the sins 72-0 in 1966.  They'll figure it out.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.