News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Can we get our money back?

Started by LennG, September 11, 2023, 11:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

As most who know me, I don't buy into any hype until I see it with my own eyes, yet, I fully expected the Giants to be competitive in every game.

We paid Daniel Jones a king's randsome and he reverts back to the Daniel Jones of old. Yes, he was under pressure thru most of the game, but he still holds the ball way too long, and he runs way too much. Sure, sometimes it works, but if he wants to be a real QB who is being paid like a real QB, he needs to throw the ball down the field. We supplied him with a bevy of new WRs yet he still doesn't release the ball to utilize them. Just a terrible performance by a now well-paid QB.

And, who might our second highest-paid player be, maybe Leonard Williams? Did anyone even hear his name mentioned last night--ONCE? Was he even in the game? I am not a second guesser, well maybe I am, but I was all for either redoing his contract or relieving the Giants of this overpaid loser who has had one good season (his contract year) in his entire career. Look, an old dude like Hankins, showed Williams how to play as an older vet, Wulliams should give back most of his salary.

Coaches-- The Giants were so ill-prepared for this game, the weather and schemes. For all of the praise we heap on them, they were schooled by Mike McCarthy (UGH) and company in how to get a team prepared to open a season. Why did we fumble so much, Dallas came out hitting everything in sight, the way an NFL player is supposed to. Did we see any Giant hit any Cowboy even hard? And my worst coaching decision and I'm not sure if it was mentioned, late in the 3rd quarter, or maybe early 4th, a set running play was called for Jones?????????????
We are down 35-0, the game is over, and Kahka calls a running play for the QB/ Some one please tell me why. Like it or not, Jones is our QB for the next couple of years, and we are losing 35-0 and the OC has him run into a crushing defense. Does this make any sense?

All of a sudden, the 2nd game of the year is a must-win, because we sure ain't beating SF or most of the other teams we are due to face in the first 6 weeks.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bob In PA

Lenn: The AZ game was ALWAYS must-win & the SF game was always "probably won't-win" so nothing changed. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

I was saying WTF for that same stupid playcall. Kafka had his head up his arce this game.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

B1GBLUE

dude he had 1 really bad pick, trying to make SOMETHING happen. it was his only terrible decision of the night. the other 99 percent of the game you can blame entirely on the oline. and the coach. WHAT ADJUSTMENTS DID WE MAKE?!?!?!? and what kind of game plan was that? yes jones deserve SOME blame, but what the hell else was he supposed to do? if our oline is even average last night, and he puts up that type of game, fine. he sucks. but...

and yes leonard williams is the most overpaid player in the league.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 11, 2023, 11:08:14 AMI was saying WTF for that same stupid playcall. Kafka had his head up his arce this game.
Ed: I can explain it.

Someone (you?) said the game looked like Giants' final preseason game vs. Cowboys' first playoff game.

I believe they ran that play again because it turned out so poorly the first time.  They probably told the guys what went wrong the first time and wanted to see if they learned anything (or were paying attention) and whether they would make the "corrections" the second time. 

Bob

LennG

Quote from: B1GBLUE on September 11, 2023, 11:15:07 AMdude he had 1 really bad pick, trying to make SOMETHING happen. it was his only terrible decision of the night. the other 99 percent of the game you can blame entirely on the oline. and the coach. WHAT ADJUSTMENTS DID WE MAKE?!?!?!? and what kind of game plan was that? yes jones deserve SOME blame, but what the hell else was he supposed to do? if our oline is even average last night, and he puts up that type of game, fine. he sucks. but...

and yes leonard williams is the most overpaid player in the league.

I am tired of the same old, same old when it comes to Jones. He is being paid like a premier QB, and has been supplied with excellent weapons and yet, he still looks like a deer in headlights when he is being rushed. He needs to make quicker decisions and get rid of the ball in 2 seconds.

I do agree that our entire game plan sucked. The QB is being rushed unmercifully, do we even know what a draw play is, let alone a screen pass? The defense was in the backfield before the guys even set up, call a damn SCREEN PASS instead of running for your life.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on September 11, 2023, 11:21:15 AMEd: I can explain it.

Someone (you?) said the game looked like Giants' final preseason game vs. Cowboys' first playoff game.

I believe they ran that play again because it turned out so poorly the first time.  They probably told the guys what went wrong the first time and wanted to see if they learned anything (or were paying attention) and whether they would make the "corrections" the second time. 

Bob
LOL
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Quote from: Bob In PA on September 11, 2023, 11:21:15 AMEd: I can explain it.

Bob

Bob

I love you but really?

This is the NFL, opening game, and you are suggesting that we were practicing plays like pre-season. Why not just say the guy sucked, big time. It was a moronic call and a good way to kill your highly paid QB.

Charlie Weiss

Bob In PA

Quote from: LennG on September 11, 2023, 11:25:09 AMBob

I love you but really?

This is the NFL, opening game, and you are suggesting that we were practicing plays like pre-season. Why not just say the guy sucked, big time. It was a moronic call and a good way to kill your highly paid QB.

Lenn: The lead-in to your criticism are the words, "We are down 35-0, the game is over" (I agree). 

It's fair to complain that you shouldn't expose your expensive QB to a hit when the game is already lost.

However, since we agree it didn't matter WHAT play they ran at that time IMO there was good reason to practice it against a great defense.  Remember, they do have to play Dallas again this season (at least once more!!!).

Bob

expatriot

I submit that Jones didn't revert back to anything. He stayed the same. Dave Brown with wheels. Ugh.

babywhales

The giants had no other option at quarterback and good reason to extend DJ and see how it pans out. 

DJ is still on a 2 year contract, last night didn't change that.
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Fletch

That is not necessarily true. They could have drafted Will Levis ; there were some free agent options and others available like Jimmy Garap. They didn't want to . They are highly determined to make this work with Daniel Jones as their QB for some mysterious reason. Either that or they're in complete denial of what they are. A contender like a Eagles or Chiefs -- yes be all means get out the checkbook and grin and bear it . I mean it is not every day you are a contender to win it all. The Giants were not really a contender last year and could be considered a marginal contender this year . And after last night I don't think they are. It's like any game against the Eagles or Cowboys and Daniel Jones looks like a deer in the headlights.

True Blue

Quote from: Fletch on September 11, 2023, 12:04:46 PMThat is not necessarily true. They could have drafted Will Levis ; there were some free agent options and others available like Jimmy Garap. They didn't want to . They are highly determined to make this work with Daniel Jones as their QB for some mysterious reason. Either that or they're in complete denial of what they are. A contender like a Eagles or Chiefs -- yes be all means get out the checkbook and grin and bear it . I mean it is not every day you are a contender to win it all. The Giants were not really a contender last year and could be considered a marginal contender this year . And after last night I don't think they are. It's like any game against the Eagles or Cowboys and Daniel Jones looks like a deer in the headlights.

Jones sadly was the best option available for them

Garoppolo and Levis would not have been any better, nor are they in any scenario.

Fletch

Quote from: True Blue on September 11, 2023, 01:24:37 PMJones sadly was the best option available for them

Garoppolo and Levis would not have been any better, nor are they in any scenario.

Best option for what? Blowing up your salary cap and having a division rival drop 40 on you? Shoot you could have played Tyrod Taylor and gotten the same result or maybe a better one.

You guys are going to have to face the reality that this is not a good football team and Daniel Jones is not a good QB. Once you have that out of the way you then can see the light on what effective use of roster building dollars is.

True Blue

Quote from: Fletch on September 11, 2023, 01:46:18 PMBest option for what? Blowing up your salary cap and having a division rival drop 40 on you? Shoot you could have played Tyrod Taylor and gotten the same result or maybe a better one.

You guys are going to have to face the reality that this is not a good football team and Daniel Jones is not a good QB. Once you have that out of the way you then can see the light on what effective use of roster building dollars is.

Have fun trolling, I'm not feeding you any more than one post, not worth my f###ing time.

Not once did I claim we were a good team or jones a good QB, you should learn to read.