News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Can we get our money back?

Started by LennG, September 11, 2023, 11:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

Quote from: True Blue on September 11, 2023, 01:47:48 PMHave fun trolling, I'm not feeding you any more than one post, not worth my f###ing time.

Not once did I claim we were a good team or jones a good QB, you should learn to read.

So how the hell is JOnes their best option then? You spend 160 million dollars on QB when you could have had an arguably better one on a rookie deal when you're not a contender? Or how about a better one for 1/2 the price?

Teams  like the Cowboys are sort of in an odd predicament. THey have to pay Dak even though he may not be the best in the league. It's a tricky situation to swap QBs when you're a playoff team year in and out. If we're in agreement about the Giants situation -- why Daniel Jones then and for that kind of money?

Rambo89

Quote from: True Blue on September 11, 2023, 01:24:37 PMJones sadly was the best option available for them

Garoppolo and Levis would not have been any better, nor are they in any scenario.

Plus the Giants have structured the contract where it won't kill them for years.  He basically has the next two seasons to step up or they'll move on.  I'm not a believer that Jones is an elite QB but also think you can do a lot worse.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

True Blue

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 11, 2023, 01:56:18 PMPlus the Giants have structured the contract where it won't kill them for years.  He basically has the next two seasons to step up or they'll move on.  I'm not a believer that Jones is an elite QB but also think you can do a lot worse.

Agreed, it is a glorified bridge contract, and if a miracle happens then hey who cares it'll be worth the money. Otherwise it keeps them afloat for a few seasons as they continue to build the roster

T200

Quote from: True Blue on September 11, 2023, 01:47:48 PMHave fun trolling, I'm not feeding you any more than one post, not worth my f###ing time.

Not once did I claim we were a good team or jones a good QB, you should learn to read.
You don't have to tell him he's not worth your time. Just stop responding. Simple as that.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

B1GBLUE

Quote from: LennG on September 11, 2023, 11:22:52 AMI am tired of the same old, same old when it comes to Jones. He is being paid like a premier QB, and has been supplied with excellent weapons and yet, he still looks like a deer in headlights when he is being rushed. He needs to make quicker decisions and get rid of the ball in 2 seconds.

I do agree that our entire game plan sucked. The QB is being rushed unmercifully, do we even know what a draw play is, let alone a screen pass? The defense was in the backfield before the guys even set up, call a damn SCREEN PASS instead of running for your life.

I agree he needs to make quicker decisions. but they also need to gameplan for that and put in play calls that help him. they did him no favors.

Trench

Quote from: B1GBLUE on September 11, 2023, 02:51:26 PMI agree he needs to make quicker decisions. but they also need to gameplan for that and put in play calls that help him. they did him no favors.

I think we will see an exact shift to last year with the play calling. Yes it's for Jones inability to make quick reads but more so for the inability of our oline to be effective.

As stated by others in earlier threads, Kafka had an absolutely horrible game. No adjustment and the fact he kept calling QB keepers while down 40 is unacceptable and inexplainable!....nobody is even questioning the fact he put Jones in unnecessary jeopardy

Jclayton92

Just to clarify Will Levis couldn't beat out the malik Willis the titans backup QB so I'm not sure why he was even brought up.

Fletch

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 11, 2023, 03:23:35 PMJust to clarify Will Levis couldn't beat out the malik Willis the titans backup QB so I'm not sure why he was even brought up.

You and your hard on for Wil LEvis. Look he is a QB that was available in the draft that could make a developmental project for a new coach and new GM. And maybe I could be wrong about Levis -- but to pretend there were no other QB options than to sign Daniel freaking Jones to 4 yr. / 40 mil a year contract is a baloney argument.

Maybe Tyrod could have gotten the start for a little while and then Levis could play for awhile. Or maybe you trade for Jimmy G. The point is you had options. This team is not going to pivot from wild card last year to NFC Championionship loss this year and that is plainly obvious. So then why is the point of an expensive "bridge QB", Not that I believe one word of 2 years. You're realistically looking at 3 minimum.

Fletch

Not to mention not true Malik Willis is ahead of him. Only because of injury adn because he has not played but is the pre-summative successor to Tannehill;

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/titans-will-levis-gets-positive-injury-update-ahead-of-week-1-vs-saints-amid-qb-battle-with-malik-willis/ar-AA1ghwJF

Messiah717

Look, Jones is what he is.  He's not the worst but he's far from from the top guys playing the position right now.  He's pretty much average until proven otherwise.

Fletch

Quote from: Messiah717 on September 11, 2023, 04:14:30 PMLook, Jones is what he is.  He's not the worst but he's far from from the top guys playing the position right now.  He's pretty much average until proven otherwise.

I can't think of any one worse than him. He might be better than the Matt Ryan's ; the Mitch Trubisky's and the Marcus Mariotas but without looking it up -- I'd bet they are all in back-up roles at this point / out of the NFL.

kingm56

Quote from: Messiah717 on September 11, 2023, 04:14:30 PMLook, Jones is what he is.  He's not the worst but he's far from from the top guys playing the position right now.  He's pretty much average until proven otherwise.

What intrigues me is the persistent narrative that he'll ascend into something he's never been, at any level...a prolific passer  He's about to start his 56 game, in his 5th season.  Yet, here we are having the same dang conversations we had 4 years ago. How much longer will these narratives/conversations persist?  Hasn't that ship sailed?

Rambo89

Quote from: Fletch on September 11, 2023, 04:09:01 PMYou and your hard on for Wil LEvis. Look he is a QB that was available in the draft that could make a developmental project for a new coach and new GM. And maybe I could be wrong about Levis -- but to pretend there were no other QB options than to sign Daniel freaking Jones to 4 yr. / 40 mil a year contract is a baloney argument.

Maybe Tyrod could have gotten the start for a little while and then Levis could play for awhile. Or maybe you trade for Jimmy G. The point is you had options. This team is not going to pivot from wild card last year to NFC Championionship loss this year and that is plainly obvious. So then why is the point of an expensive "bridge QB", Not that I believe one word of 2 years. You're realistically looking at 3 minimum.

Sure Levis could have been a developmental project to be third string this season but not as a replacement for the Giants Starting QB position in 2023.

Fletch

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 11, 2023, 04:22:36 PMSure Levis could have been a developmental project to be third string this season but not as a replacement for the Giants Starting QB position in 2023.

So Wil Levis is on the same level as a Tommy DEvito an undrafted 25 year old who wanted to go back to college for his 6th year.

Do you understand what you are saying right now?

Rambo89

Quote from: Fletch on September 11, 2023, 04:26:55 PMSo Wil Levis is on the same level as a Tommy DEvito an undrafted 25 year old who wanted to go back to college for his 6th year.

Do you understand what you are saying right now?

LOL, Levis couldn't beat out Willis to be the back up in Tennessee.  He would have been third string here as a developmental QB.  He wouldn't have been the Giants Starting QB.