News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dan Schneier on the Pick 6

Started by Rambo89, September 11, 2023, 01:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 11, 2023, 03:01:44 PMThe read for the defender on where Jones was going with the ball was clear cut for him with the timing of the hit on Barkley being as perfect as you can have.
and the read should be high to low. He always intended to go to Barkley but there was no pressure on that play so the read should have been X to Flat.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on September 11, 2023, 02:47:59 PMJones locks on a receiver and when the pressure increases he does it even more. This is his biggest issue and it's crystal clear here.

The tape doesn't show that, DJ'S head was moving
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 11, 2023, 03:08:41 PMHave you considered this play was already on taoe, giving the defender an edge?

DJ'S head was moving

Of course they were prepared for it had seen it on tape and knew where Jones was going with how predictable his decision making has become and his eyes locked on the check down.

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 11, 2023, 03:09:39 PMand the read should be high to low. He always intended to go to Barkley but there was no pressure on that play so the read should have been X to Flat.

That was obvious and the Dallas defenders knew it
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 11, 2023, 03:12:19 PMOf course they were prepared for it had seen it on tape and knew where Jones was going with how predictable his decision making has become and his eyes locked on the check down.

That was obvious and the Dallas defenders knew it
You mean other teams study tendencies?? Really?  /sarcasm/
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 11, 2023, 03:09:55 PMThe tape doesn't show that, DJ'S head was moving

He telegraph's everything. It's crystal clear to me. The league knows it too. And when pressure increases his eyes on tv literally don't look the same. I'm sorry if this offends anyone. It is what I see.

Now before anyone attacks me - it's only one game. I was blasted here for saying it's a "must" win. I stand by that.

Let's see how the next few weeks go. These coaches are to blame MORE than anyone because they didn't change the game plan up by evidence of continuing to call QB keepers with the game out of reach and didn't take Jones out of game until after the two minute warning. Thomas is now hurt (not sure when it happened) but if it was in the 4th quarter then there should be hell to pay for keeping him in. Same thing with Jones and Saquon. This is a coaching lesson on what NOT to do!!!!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on September 11, 2023, 03:18:23 PMHe telegraph's everything. It's crystal clear to me.

I have zero doubt that is what you believe.  I am simply saying the tape doesn't support that belief
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 11, 2023, 03:28:51 PMI have zero doubt that is what you believe.  I am simply saying the tape doesn't support that belief

I believe it does. Skinner posted a few clips to support the argument

Jclayton92

It's more likely than not that Jones asked to stay in the game as this is his offense even when they tried to pull him. If you want the team to know you still believe in said QB when he asks to stay in even though we are down you have to let him or it takes credibility away from Jones with the other players still out their fighting.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 11, 2023, 03:33:03 PMIt's more likely than not that Jones asked to stay in the game as this is his offense even when they tried to pull him. If you want the team to know you still believe in said QB when he asks to stay in even though we are down you have to let him or it takes credibility away from Jones with the other players still out their fighting.

I heard quite a bit of criticism over Daboll letting Jones stay in the game when it was out of hand, absorbing so much punishment.   I agree, no doubt Jones wanted to stay in.  You could even see him fighting for the extra yardage even when it meant nothing.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jgrangers2

Quote from: Trench on September 11, 2023, 03:30:56 PMI believe it does. Skinner posted a few clips to support the argument

I'd be curious to see those videos. Here's one from Skinner of the play in question (you can actually see his head move to Barkley at the last second):

https://twitter.com/BobbySkinner_/status/1701239311352353100

Rambo89

His head was on one side of the field with Campbell up the middle covered it was pretty clear he was going to Barkley rather than the guy up field.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 11, 2023, 03:41:11 PMI heard quite a bit of criticism over Daboll letting Jones stay in the game when it was out of hand, absorbing so much punishment.  I agree, no doubt Jones wanted to stay in.  You could even see him fighting for the extra yardage even when it meant nothing.

Which is why coaches are paid to see the big picture. They let him take needless hits and risked injury when the game was out of hand

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 11, 2023, 01:35:33 PMhttps://twitter.com/danschneiernfl/status/1701242818428129554?s=61

He's not wrong.  There were a number of posters who pointed this out in the Game Thread.

ironically, this was probably the best pass protection all game. especially from neal and glow.

kingm56

Quote from: B1GBLUE on September 11, 2023, 04:10:08 PMironically, this was probably the best pass protection all game. especially from neal and glow.

Neal and Glow pass protected last night? 

GloryDays

Another point is that Barkley failed to account for that DB to his left and got blindsided by him, other wise he would tuck the ball in quickly...and yes, that was a catch and fumble imo also.