News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

@TalkinGiants 6 Plays where DJ left something on the field

Started by Ed Vette, September 11, 2023, 03:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Trench

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 11, 2023, 03:24:14 PMI pointed two of them out on other threads.

https://twitter.com/BobbySkinner_/status/1701301837058462115?s=20

Can't argue with any of this. Let's hope he learns and gets better. I believe he can because Jones was the first to admit it himself after the game.

babywhales

Protection was there on 1 and 2.  

Poor decision making...

This in itself is the bigger concern moving forward than the lines blocking. 
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Rambo89

TalkinGiants is extremely Pro-Jones.  If they're criticizing him you know he was pretty bad.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

babywhales

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 11, 2023, 03:33:39 PMTalkinGiants is extremely Pro-Jones.  If they're criticizing him you know he was pretty bad.
Play 2 is a simple layered read.

This is exactly where we start middle school quarterbacks with their first exposure to post snap reads. Doesn't get any simpler than that.
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Jclayton92

It's officially a pattern at this point.
Seattle, Philly, Detriot, Dallas, any team with a good defense we get the deer in headlights Jones, like the game is going to fast for him to catch up. Then he goes short or not at all, it's his MO at this point. You get pressure on Jones he ignores everything deep and will take a covered check down over a wide open deep player. Go back to any of those games and you'll see it. It's not just pressure last night, but just steady pressure that gets him as well.

MightyGiants

Quote from: babywhales on September 11, 2023, 03:32:56 PMProtection was there on 1 and 2. 

Poor decision making...

This in itself is the bigger concern moving forward than the lines blocking.

I will say ONLY on BBH are there people who saying Jones was the biggest problem last night rather than the offensive line.  I follow social media and have listened to many post-game podcasts, and the takes here are to put it nicely, unique.

Jones didn't have a good game, but overwhelmingly everyone outside of BBH sees the O-line as by far the biggest issue. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 11, 2023, 03:39:22 PMI will say ONLY on BBH are there people who saying Jones was the biggest problem last night rather than the offensive line.  I follow social media and have listened to many post-game podcasts, and the takes here are to put it nicely, unique.

Jones didn't have a good game, but overwhelmingly everyone outside of BBH sees the O-line as by far the biggest issue. 

I haven't seen anyone say that offensive line wasn't a problem last night.  But maybe I missed someone who said it wasn't a problem. 

babywhales

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 11, 2023, 03:39:22 PMI will say ONLY on BBH are there people who saying Jones was the biggest problem last night rather than the offensive line.  I follow social media and have listened to many post-game podcasts, and the takes here are to put it nicely, unique.

I didn't say Jones was a bigger problem last night. 

I said moving forward, the longterm fix associated with Jones's shortcoming. i.e. poor decision making in the face of pressure, is a bigger issue than the lines shortcoming.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 11, 2023, 03:45:04 PMI haven't seen anyone say that offensive line wasn't a problem last night.  But maybe I missed someone who said it wasn't a problem. 

I bolded the part where Chris (Baby Whales) says he was more concerned because Jones missed a read than the play of the O-line. 

While it appears you may have a similar view based on how heavily you have been criticizing Jones, it's unfair to assume.  Based on the game last night, how much do you see the issue being with the O-line, and how much of the issue was on Jones?  Do you feel Jones was the bigger problem?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kingm56

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 11, 2023, 03:39:22 PMJones didn't have a good game, but overwhelmingly everyone outside of BBH sees the O-line as by far the biggest issue. 

I don't see a single post making this claim; clearly, the Giants OL was terrible last night.  However, it's not a binary choice; one can believe the OL AND DJ played poorly. 

Ed Vette

And only on BBH will someone with a negative take on Daniel Jones get their words twisted and mocked to defend Jones.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Trench

I say it was coaches fault most

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 11, 2023, 03:48:53 PMI bolded the part where Chris (Baby Whales) says he was more concerned because Jones missed a read than the play of the O-line. 

While it appears you may have a similar view based on how heavily you have been criticizing Jones, it's unfair to assume.  Based on the game last night, how much do you see the issue being with the O-line, and how much of the issue was on Jones?  Do you feel Jones was the bigger problem?

Everything was a problem last night.  The biggest issue coming out of that game is that every unit played poorly.  That's what I am most concerned about is how uncompetitive they were as a team last night.

Quote from: kingm56 on September 11, 2023, 03:48:57 PMI don't see a single post making this claim; clearly, the Giants OL was terrible last night.  However, it's not a binary choice; one can believe the OL AND DJ played poorly. 

One would think it shouldn't be.

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 11, 2023, 03:50:33 PMAnd only on BBH will someone with a negative take on Daniel Jones get their words twisted and mocked to defend Jones.

It goes back to the point I had last week about their being an insane level of sensitivity any time any criticism of Daniel Jones is brought up.  And to be clear this isn't a shot at any person but rather a theme I've noticed in these discussions.