News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What is your biggest concern moving forward

Started by MightyGiants, September 12, 2023, 08:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

After one of the worst losses in NYG history, what is your biggest concern

MightyGiants

After a historically bad loss, what is your biggest concern moving forward?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

kingm56

This is really a tough question, Rich.  I have no concerns regarding DJ; so, its a choice between the Oline and other for me.  For the latter, the Giants once again proved they cannot stop the run.  I selected the Oline though, as Neal is quickly trending towards bust....

Rambo89

Ask this again after the Cardinals game.  For me it's impossible to answer after one game where everyone was bad.  Right now I can't answer.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Messiah717

The offensive line should be fired if it was realistic.  That said I'm going to look at things realistically.  This team is rebuilding and last year was an everything broke right enomally.  There's still no excuse for Sunday Night.  The Giants were the worst team in the NFL week one.  Some said to expect a step backwards and to temper expectations.

Ed Vette

The biggest problem is the Offensive Line. Neal and Glowinski are going to be the focus of every Opponent's Pass Rush. Moving forward? Daniel Jones because the Offense Line isn't going to be a top ten Offense this year and he hasn't demonstrated after two consecutive games that he can work through that.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kingm56

Quote from: Messiah717 on September 12, 2023, 09:46:21 AMThe offensive line should be fired if it was realistic.  That said I'm going to look at things realistically.  This team is rebuilding and last year was an everything broke right enomally.  There's still no excuse for Sunday Night.  The Giants were the worst team in the NFL week one.  Some said to expect a step backwards and to temper expectations.

I was one of those posters; I truly believe posters allowed thier perspectives to be skewed by wins over historically bad defenses, or teams that openly quit.  The truth is, the Giants have been a bad team for 13 weeks now.  Your post has inspired me to start my own thread on the subject.  Thank you. 

B1GBLUE

Its very clearly the offensive line, followed by the coaching. because both of these directly lead to jones success or failure.

the oline is terrible. no doubt about it. absolutely terrible. but the coaching should be able to find ways to hide deficiencies and put together a plan to succeed despite our limitations there. if you do that, jones can do what he needs to do. without that, jones is going to be a major disappointment.

that being said, jones missing some very easy plays was concerning as well. but had either of the two above mentioned things been anywhere near satisfactory, he wouldnt be running scared and hearing footsteps.

True Blue

I need another game or two, but if we want to judge now, I would say the OL would be #1

Specifically the right side, and then also Ezeudos development at LG as he is a high draft pick

Not worried about JMS, he is a rookie who debuted in the worst possible conditions.

Trench

Oline, then coaching, then Jones. In that order.

Flipper

Gotta go with the O line. I'm confident JMS will get better. Andrew Thomas is elite but the other 3 scare me!

DaveBrown74

Nobody will like this answer but I went with "other" because this game was such a colossal failure by the entire team that I can't really pinpoint one thing. And I also don't like overreacting to one game.

babywhales

The O line is the biggest change needed to compete over the course of a season 

Jones is my biggest concern when it comes to competing against the top teams in the nfl 

Regardless of how both play off each other 
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Fast Eddie Felson

My biggest concern is that management will do nothing in the way of acquiring players needed on the o-line. Cutting Glowinski, moving Evan Neal somewhere else, coaching change, etc. Sunday night could have been the "crossed the Red Line" moment, but I don`t think anything substantial will happen.