News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Micah Parsons defends Jones, slams Daboll

Started by Ed Vette, September 12, 2023, 09:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingm56

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 12, 2023, 10:43:48 AMI find it interesting that players on rival teams think more highly of Daniel Jones than some of the team's fanbase.

Rich,

You're going to your old playbook...creating a false narrative.  With the exception of maybe one poster here (@Fletch), most feel DJ is average-to-good...a few feel he's accenting towards élite.; in short, the majority concur with Parson's assessment. Why try to create a false narrative?  I disagree with his analysis though; in fact, I found it to be ill-informed, for the reasons I specified.  BTW, Parsons and the Cowboys have owned DJ and the Giants...why would he want that paradigm to change?

Rambo89

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 12, 2023, 09:49:08 AMFor sure once the game was 40-0 he should have been pulled. I didn't finish watching the game and at that point, Jones should have been pulled. Some were calling for him to be pulled in the third Qtr. I didn't agree with that. There is also something to be said for giving the backup some playing time too.

If this was the middle of the season I would be completely on board that Jones definitely should have been pulled and that there was no reason to leave him in.  With it being week 1 you can at least understand the idea of needing to get him reps that he didn't get in the pre season even if you don't agree with it.

As for Parsons who cares what he says?  He's an opposing player on a team that we all hate.  His thoughts are meaningless IMO.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

MightyGiants

Quote from: kingm56 on September 12, 2023, 10:48:52 AMRich,

You're going to your old playbook...creating a false narrative.  With the exception of maybe one poster here (@Fletch), most feel DJ is average-to-good; in short, the majority concur with Parson's assessment.  BTW, Parsons and the Cowboys have owned DJ and the Giants...why would he want that paradigm to change?

Mark,

Am I mistaken?  Micah Parson praised Daniel Jones and your response was to say he was wrong.  Is there another way to interpret that other than to think you think less of Jones than Micah Parsons? 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 12, 2023, 10:50:59 AMMark,

Am I mistaken?  Micah Parson praised Daniel Jones and your response was to say he was wrong.  Is there another way to interpret that other than to think you think less of Jones than Micah Parsons? 

Huh?

Quote from: kingm56 on September 12, 2023, 10:48:52 AMRich,

You're going to your old playbook...creating a false narrative.  With the exception of maybe one poster here (@Fletch), most feel DJ is average-to-good; in short, the majority concur with Parson's assessment. Why try to create a false narrative?  I disagree with his analysis though; in fact, I found it to be ill-informed, for the reasons I specified.  BTW, Parsons and the Cowboys have owned DJ and the Giants...why would he want that paradigm to change?

King's point stands about this being another attempt to create a false narrative.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 12, 2023, 10:43:48 AMI find it interesting that players on rival teams think more highly of Daniel Jones than some of the team's fanbase.

We get to see and analyze him more.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 12, 2023, 10:53:21 AMHuh?

King's point stands about this being another attempt to create a false narrative.

Mark,

Is it my imagination or are you going out of your way to disagree with and criticize me, lately? 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on September 12, 2023, 10:53:54 AMWe get to see and analyze him more.

Thanks, for sharing your viewpoint  ( @Rambo89 and @kingm56 you might want to take note of this reply)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 12, 2023, 11:00:26 AMThanks, for sharing your viewpoint  ( @Rambo89 and @kingm56 you might want to take note of this reply)

What the hell does that mean?

kingm56

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 12, 2023, 10:50:59 AMMark,

Rich,

I literally stated his assessment was accurate; However, I disagreed with was his analysis, which was terribly ill-informed.  Is Payton Manning a good example to demonstrate why teams need to give QBs more grace?  Said example literally proves the opposite of the point he's trying to make.  Have the Giants and thier fans not provided ample grace to DJ...he's entering his 5th season for heavens sake. The Giants are returning more offensive starters than the Cowboys, why do they need more time gel than his own team?  Do the majority of Giant fans feel DJ is a bad QB?  Again, I agree with his conclusion, but not his analysis. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: kingm56 on September 12, 2023, 11:06:54 AMRich,

I literally stated his assessment was accurate; However, I disagreed with was his analysis, which was terribly ill-informed.  Is Payton Manning a good example to demonstrate why teams need to give QBs more grace?  It literally proves the opposite of the point he's trying to make.  Have the Giants and thier fans not provided ample grace to DJ...he's entering his 5th season for heavens sake.  Do the majority of Giant fans feel DJ is a bad QB?  Again, I agree with his conclusion, but not his analysis. 

There was a substantial portion of the fanbase that was calling Jones bad and mistake since he was drafted.  As Jone went from OC to OC and was given an objectionable terrible coaching staff during the Judge era, those numbers grew.   So, to answer the question you posed, not really.  Jones had to win back the fans with his performance last season; he certainly wasn't enjoying any of the "grace" Parsons spoke of.

On a personal note, I think it's nice to hear you agree with this statement-  "The reality is, he's a really good player."
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kingm56

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 12, 2023, 11:14:44 AMThere was a substantial portion of the fanbase that was calling Jones bad and mistake since he was drafted.  As Jone went from OC to OC and was given an objectionable terrible coaching staff during the Judge era, those numbers grew.   So, to answer the question you posed, not really.  Jones had to win back the fans with his performance last season; he certainly wasn't enjoying any of the "grace" Parsons spoke of.

On a personal note, I think it's nice to hear you agree with this statement-  "The reality is, he's a really good player."

Calling the pick "bad" does not equate to DJs playing ability; moreover, that was 5 years ago, Rich.  D. Watson was an AP-type QB; however, I would refer to his draft selection as 'bad.' Over the last year, I don't recall a single post stating DJ was a bad-player, with the exception of one poster. So, I view your narrative as patently false, at least as it applies to this corner of Giant fandom.  Maybe the wider Giant fanbase felt DJ was/is a bad starting QB, although I don't believe that's accurate either.  It's also not a binary choice, Rich; I can still believe DJs selection was bad AND that he's good player. For the latter, my primary issue with DJ is he's never been a prolific passer, which I view as vital to competing for SBs.  Consider Barkley, he's an amazing talent, but his selection is now widely considered 'bad', if not criminal.  Considering the Giants are 21-31-1 with DJ as the thier starting QB, and the Giants currently employ a very safe offense, the jury is still very much out on DJs draft selection. Regardless, this has nothing to do with the assessment of the individual player. DJ will go on to have a very long NFL career because he has the skillset to do so. 

Here's my primary issue/perspective: you seem to have have difficulties with posters who don't share your opinions regrading the 'pillars', or who fail to agree that DJ is ascending to become the NFC best QB.  Those who push back against this narrative, and simply believe he's average-to-good, are classified as being negative, or somehow being unfair to DJ.  It's year 5, and we're having the same discussions...that says something in itself....

DJ is currently avg-to-good; he's not a bad player, nor do I think the majority of fans believe he's the latter. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: kingm56 on September 12, 2023, 11:40:53 AM
Quote from: kingm56 on September 12, 2023, 11:40:53 AMCalling the pick "bad" does not equate to DJs playing ability;

Here's my primary issue/perspective: you seem to have difficulties with posters who don't share your opinions...   ...that DJ is ascending to become the NFC best QB.   

Mark,

I know you explained it, but frankly, I have trouble accepting the idea that if Jones is (to quote Micah Parsons) a really good player, that drafting him could be considered a "bad picK".

As for your assertion, to be clear (and I am on record multiple times) I am hopeful that Jones will become top 10.   You are not exactly being fair to me (which seems to be a pattern with you and Rambo who not surprisingly loved your attack) to make the hyperbolic (to the point of being inaccurate) claim that I have issue with anyone who doesn't believe that "DJ is ascending to become the best QB in the NFC East"

Look if you and @Rambo89 are starting the season attacking me, it's going to be a very long year.  I ask that the two of you either treat me civilly with the respect I deserve or just leave me alone.  The choice is yours.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

JT39

Passing on him will be like the saints passing on LT.

T200

Like King said, if I'm Parsons, yeah... I'd vouch for Jones to stay the Giants QB as well.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on September 12, 2023, 11:55:22 AMLike King said, if I'm Parsons, yeah... I'd vouch for Jones to stay the Giants QB as well.

Tim,

I take the man at his word.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE