News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Micah Parsons defends Jones, slams Daboll

Started by Ed Vette, September 12, 2023, 09:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 12, 2023, 12:29:38 PMSome of you is vague and not directed at anyone in particular.  It could mean anyone.  It's an assumption it means Giants fans only if it helps the narrative that a person wants. 

Couldn't one just as easily claim, "It's an assumption Giants fans were excluded if it helps the narrative that a person wants."?

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 12, 2023, 12:36:52 PMCouldn't one just as easily claim, "It's an assumption Giants fans were excluded if it helps the narrative that a person wants."?

No, because if he meant Giants fans he would have directly called them out.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

kingm56

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 12, 2023, 12:36:52 PMCouldn't one just as easily claim, "It's an assumption Giants fans were excluded if it helps the narrative that a person wants."?

Who was the author/reporter?  If it's Dallas paper/reporter, it's highly likely he was referring to Cowboy fans.

Rambo89

Quote from: kingm56 on September 12, 2023, 12:39:21 PMWho was the author/reporter?  If it's Dallas paper/reporter, it's highly likely he was referring to Cowboy fans.

It was Parsons doing his own podcast if I am not mistaken. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: kingm56 on September 12, 2023, 12:34:14 PMRich,

You're missing the bigger point, which is the Atlantic was summerly dismissed when it listed DJ as the #30th QB, but used as a source the following year when it offered an opinion more aligned with preferred narratives. Another example is Mike Lombardi: when he has a negative view of DJ, we're told to dismiss said view because ML is known 'Giants/DJ hater.'  However, the very same posters who categized Lombardi as failed GM and Giants hater, quote him when he makes points that aligns with thier narrative.  The primary point: who care's what any of them have to say...reality isn't based on opinion. 

Mark,

In year one, when it was posted, it was in no way, shape, or form "summarily dismissed".  In fact, I was the one that posted it. It was only dismissed after they showed just how bad their assessment of Jones was the prior season.

I also have never heard anyone suggest Mike Lombardi be dismissed as a "Jones hater."  There has certainly been a lot of discussion about how often Lombardi has been wrong and his failings as an NFL GM, but I have been supportive of Lombardi by saying he is a better teacher than doer.  I made it clear that we shouldn't take what Lombardi says unquestioned, his comments are worthy of careful consideration.

I am really at a loss as to why you would make such wildly inaccurate claims.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: kingm56 on September 12, 2023, 12:39:21 PMWho was the author/reporter?  If it's Dallas paper/reporter, it's highly likely he was referring to Cowboy fans.

He does a podcast/Youtube for Bleacher Report

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kingm56

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 12, 2023, 12:41:13 PMIt was Parsons doing his own podcast if I am not mistaken. 

Ahhh...than his primary audience would be Dal fans...he could be speaking to that fan base. I suspect a fair amount of them do believe DJ is a bad QB.  Why wouldn't they...how many times have we beaten Dal during his tenure? 

Rambo89

Quote from: kingm56 on September 12, 2023, 12:43:36 PMAhhh...than his primary audience would be Dal fans...he could be speaking to that fan base. I suspect a fair amount of them do believe DJ is a bad QB.  Why wouldn't they...how many times have we beaten Dal during his tenure? 

Yep, makes no sense that he would be targeting Giants fans with his comments.  Glad we cleared that part up.

kingm56

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 12, 2023, 12:45:45 PMYep, makes no sense that he would be targeting Giants fans with his comments.  Glad we cleared that part up.

False narratives
Quote from: MightyGiants on September 12, 2023, 12:42:22 PMMark,

In year one, when it was posted, it was in no way, shape, or form "summarily dismissed".  In fact, I was the one that posted it. It was only dismissed after they showed just how bad their assessment of Jones was the prior season.

I also have never heard anyone suggest Mike Lombardi be dismissed as a "Jones hater."  There has certainly been a lot of discussion about how often Lombardi has been wrong and his failings as an NFL GM, but I have been supportive of Lombardi by saying he is a better teacher than doer.  I made it clear that we shouldn't take what Lombardi says unquestioned, his comments are worthy of careful consideration.

I am really at a loss as to why you would make such wildly inaccurate claims.

Ralph  =)) ,

Did I say you were the posters guilty of these statements? They happened and I have ZERO desire to callout the poster how engaged in those activities.  Slow down, my friend...you're so quick to reply, you're referring to some us using incorrect first names.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 12, 2023, 12:45:45 PMYep, makes no sense that he would be targeting Giants fans with his comments.  Glad we cleared that part up.

@kingm56

He works for Bleacher report which covers all the NFL.  While it may be reasonable to assume his core fans are likely Cowboys or Nittny Lions fans, it's not a Cowboys oriented show.  Here is what he talked about on that podcast

00:00 – Intro
00:20 – Recapping Giants blowout
06:45 – 49ers impressed vs. Steelers
08:17 – Offseason preparations
09:16 – Week 1 unheralded stars
11:07 – Tua's insane game
12:43 – Week 1 MVP
13:52 – Brock Purdy a top-15 QB
14:55 – Nick Bosa's new contract
16:12 – Top-3 NFC Teams
19:26 – Browns-Bengals recap
22:16 – NYG should've taken Daniel Jones out
24:00 – Tyreek Hill's 200-yard game
25:14 – Chris Jones missing Week 1
26:45 – Bijan Robinson's debut
27:47 – Tom Brady owes him a jersey
29:17 – Seahawks-Rams recap
31:30 – Most impressive Week 1 teams
33:00 – Cowboys-Jets preview
35:00 – Why it's a 'statement year'
36:24 - Outro

As you can see, it's intended for a broader audiance.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kingm56

So not Giant fans...that makes more sense as I believe most Giant fans feel differently about DJ than the broader NFL audience.  Thanks for providing clarity. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on September 12, 2023, 12:33:23 PMParsons is the friggin enemy yet he sees and realizes that DJ is under siege and can no way play well when his OL sucks.  Why cant some of the fans here see it?   

Joe,

THAT, is a really great question.   I wish I had an answer
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 12, 2023, 12:53:06 PM@kingm56

He works for Bleacher report which covers all the NFL.  While it may be reasonable to assume his core fans are likely Cowboys or Nittny Lions fans, it's not a Cowboys oriented show.  Here is what he talked about on that podcast

00:00 – Intro
00:20 – Recapping Giants blowout
06:45 – 49ers impressed vs. Steelers
08:17 – Offseason preparations
09:16 – Week 1 unheralded stars
11:07 – Tua's insane game
12:43 – Week 1 MVP
13:52 – Brock Purdy a top-15 QB
14:55 – Nick Bosa's new contract
16:12 – Top-3 NFC Teams
19:26 – Browns-Bengals recap
22:16 – NYG should've taken Daniel Jones out
24:00 – Tyreek Hill's 200-yard game
25:14 – Chris Jones missing Week 1
26:45 – Bijan Robinson's debut
27:47 – Tom Brady owes him a jersey
29:17 – Seahawks-Rams recap
31:30 – Most impressive Week 1 teams
33:00 – Cowboys-Jets preview
35:00 – Why it's a 'statement year'
36:24 - Outro

As you can see, it's intended for a broader audiance.

Ralph,

Any way you spin it he wasn't targeting Giants Fans in that comment.