News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The defense

Started by B1GBLUE, September 12, 2023, 09:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B1GBLUE

Lost in all the misery of sunday's game, and the completely inept offense, there has barely been any discussion of the defense.

How do we think our D looks?

i think people are vastly overrating both kayvon and azeez. neither one screams every down starter. i cant fathom how people are saying azeez is gonna put up 15 sacks and kayvon is gonna put up 10+. these guys look like situational pass rushers right now. no consistency. constantly washed out.

Dex still looks pretty good. williams is eh. linebackers look decent. okereke showed up a bunch.

i really dont get why adoree is playing the slot. 2 rookies on the outside, one being a late round pick just seems like you are asking for trouble.

mckinney other than the one brain fart looked solid.

it was kind of hard to judge them as a whole, because they were barely on the field, and we were never really in any type of position to do anything significant. dallas played small ball against us cause they didnt need to do anything fancy.

Rambo89

Defense was bad.  They barely generated any pressure and let Dallas control the LOS.  Like every other unit on the team they have to make major improvements.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

MightyGiants

Quote from: B1GBLUE on September 12, 2023, 09:08:27 AMLost in all the misery of sunday's game, and the completely inept offense, there has barely been any discussion of the defense.

How do we think our D looks?

i think people are vastly overrating both kayvon and azeez. neither one screams every down starter. i cant fathom how people are saying azeez is gonna put up 15 sacks and kayvon is gonna put up 10+. these guys look like situational pass rushers right now. no consistency. constantly washed out.

Dex still looks pretty good. williams is eh. linebackers look decent. okereke showed up a bunch.

i really dont get why adoree is playing the slot. 2 rookies on the outside, one being a late round pick just seems like you are asking for trouble.

mckinney other than the one brain fart looked solid.

it was kind of hard to judge them as a whole, because they were barely on the field, and we were never really in any type of position to do anything significant. dallas played small ball against us cause they didnt need to do anything fancy.

It's hard to judge.  When a team has a comfortable lead (not the defense's doing), the game tends to be played differently making it hard to judge.   From what I can tell, they played okay and clearly better than the offense or special teams.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE