News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Who has it worse? Giants or Jets Fans?

Started by MightyGiants, September 12, 2023, 11:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who has it worse right now?  

MightyGiants

In light of the historically bad opener for the Giants and the Jets losing their star starting QB for the season after 4 plays (but still coming away with a win against a division rival) which fan base has it worse this week?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

True Blue

Losing Rodgers and the cap space he eats, and the fact they loaded this team up specifically for him, hurts them more since it's a long term effect

This loss sucks, but its one game. This affects their entire season, and possibly beyond

Our loss as a singular moment probably hurts Giants fans more though, especially since they still won anyway

EDIT: Also have to factor in the wasted draft capital the Jets gave up on top of it all.

DaveBrown74

Jets fans, by a lot in my opinion.

Yes we had a horrible, embarrassing game and have a lot of worries as a result. But they went literally all-in on Rodgers and are in championship-now mode. This kills that. We didn't really have any injuries and can just move on.

The Jets with Wilson were a worse team than the Giants last year. The Jets are now the Jets with Wilson again. Rodgers is owed a lot in guarantees and will never see the field again this year and possibly not ever. And they have no QB that has ever even been decent.

They do have a really good team though outside of that, but the investment in Rodgers was enormous (both in terms of cap and also picks).

Messiah717

Despite the dramatic win last night the Rodgers injury is soul crushing at the moment.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 12, 2023, 11:25:40 AMJets fans, by a lot in my opinion.

Yes we had a horrible, embarrassing game and have a lot of worries as a result. But they went literally all-in on Rodgers and are in championship-now mode. This kills that. We didn't really have any injuries and can just move on.

The Jets with Wilson were a worse team than the Giants last year. The Jets are now the Jets with Wilson again. Rodgers is owed a lot in guarantees and will never see the field again this year and possibly not ever. And they have no QB that has ever even been decent.

They do have a really good team though outside of that, but the investment in Rodgers was enormous (both in terms of cap and also picks).

Not even a question Jets fans.  Only thing that wasn't surprising about Rodgers is that the injury didn't occur when he was running onto the field in Pre Game with the American flag.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 12, 2023, 11:25:40 AMJets fans, by a lot in my opinion.

There is a trace of a silver lining in terms of the picks

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1701619107450253353?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

files58

Jet fans. Well because it's the Jets. It would be a feel good story(outside of Giant Land) if Wilson could "phoenix" his way to success. They do have a dominant(very) defense, and will now turn to a grind it out offense coupled with a top 5 receiver in Garret Wilson. Personally that is my type of preferred formula. I love the way their defense plays. They hit HARD, and are always around the ball. 

T200

Easily the Jets. They haven't sniffed a SB in a couple of generations. Every time they get a glimmer of hope, they get slapped out of their fantasy dream.

Plus, Jones is starting against Arizona.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

RelaxTension

Jet fans due to them going all in for this season for the title and the future they had to leverage which ended before it started.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

Gmo11

To me it kinda depends.  They did just beat the Bills with Zach Wilson.  Bills were supposed to be one of the contenders and they won the game. It wasn't pretty, and the defense needed to be monstrous but they were and they won.  Could they do this 9 times this season and make the playoffs?  Maybe they can.

The Giants didn't look like they could do literally anything right.  Not even kick a damn FG.  So if this Giants performance was a one time aberration then sure, Jets fans have it worse.  But if this is just the first domino of what is about to be another season of truly despicable OL play (and we'll see what happens with Thomas' injury) along with mediocre QB play, then the Giants aren't positioned all that better for the future than the Jets would be. 

T200

Quote from: Gmo11 on September 12, 2023, 12:23:16 PMTo me it kinda depends.  They did just beat the Bills with Zach Wilson.  Bills were supposed to be one of the contenders and they won the game. It wasn't pretty, and the defense needed to be monstrous but they were and they won.  Could they do this 9 times this season and make the playoffs?  Maybe they can.

The Giants didn't look like they could do literally anything right.  Not even kick a damn FG.  So if this Giants performance was a one time aberration then sure, Jets fans have it worse.  But if this is just the first domino of what is about to be another season of truly despicable OL play (and we'll see what happens with Thomas' injury) along with mediocre QB play, then the Giants aren't positioned all that better for the future than the Jets would be. 
I'd never want to be a Jets fan. I'll take my lumps with Big Blue.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

True Blue

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 12, 2023, 11:40:41 AMThere is a trace of a silver lining in terms of the picks

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1701619107450253353?s=20

That makes it less of a loss, but still wht should be a good player who is affordable for 4 years. Did they give up kore than 1 pick or was it just a second?

MightyGiants

Quote from: True Blue on September 12, 2023, 12:29:22 PMThat makes it less of a loss, but still wht should be a good player who is affordable for 4 years. Did they give up kore than 1 pick or was it just a second?

JETS GET   PACKERS GET
Aaron Rodgers   No. 13 pick
No. 15 pick   No. 42 pick
No. 170 pick   No. 207 pick
.............   2024 2nd-round pick*

* Conditional pick;
becomes a 1st if Rodgers plays 65% of plays.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

True Blue

Yeah, I guess the other picks even it out some, still sucks losing a 2 for virtually nothing.