News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Who has it worse? Giants or Jets Fans?

Started by MightyGiants, September 12, 2023, 11:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who has it worse right now?  

TDToomer

I votes for the Giants because they overcame adversity to win the game behind the QB their whiny fans crap on. I am tired of their woe-is-me pity party. They have a solid roster, a future star WR and RB and a better defense than us. They might even have a better head coach. With Rodgers grabbing a headset to mentor Wilson they could still be in a better position than us by the end of the season.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

nb587

Can't answer this directly.  Obviously, losing a QB, the most important position, is in a league by itself especially when the backup is not close to being NFL ready.  And, I think a case could be made that the GM blew it by not having a veteran backup.  Losing an immobile QB who was operating behind a terrible OL is not exactly a major surprise.  That said, other than the most important position, the Jets have serious talent with a top notch defense and a few skill players on offense who are really good.  A shame their coach is meh.

For the Giants, the playoff loss against the Eagles should have been a wake up call that last years success was to an extent a mirage.  Winning a playoff game is a big deal doubly so when the team sucked for so long.  But, lots of teams win 1 post season game.  What makes a team a success story is repeating it and after Sunday night, I dont see the Giants getting there much less repeating the win.  For me, its not just reacting to 1 game.  Its that we lost the same way.  We got better than last year but not enough in the right places.  I'm curious how many opponents going forward can copy the playbook that we cant handle