News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Jim Trotter sues the NFL for discrimination

Started by MightyGiants, September 12, 2023, 12:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

the accusations, in my opinion, are far more damning than Mike Florio's if proven true (I appreciate we have only one side of the story.

Dov Kleiman
@NFL_DovKleiman
𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭: Jim Trotter is suing the NFL over his termination from the NFL Network and is claiming that NFL owners have said the following:

#Bills owner Terry Pegula: "If the Black players don't like it here, they should go back to Africa and see how bad it is." - In reference to player protests against racial injustice

#Cowboys Jerry Jones: "If Blacks feel some kind of way, they should buy their own team and hire who they want to hire." - Regarding the lack of Black professionals in decision making positions on NFL teams.

via
@ProFootballTalk

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1701626842732437616?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Are there any emails, recordings, or other evidence available that corroborate Trotter's claims? If so, that's obviously huge. If not, I am not sure how far this will go as clearly these accusations will be vehemently denied by the accused. Unless there is clear evidence, the only other way I can see there being a strong case here is if other individuals who were present when these ugly statements were allegedly made come forward and avow likewise.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 12, 2023, 01:50:01 PMAre there any emails, recordings, or other evidence available that corroborate Trotter's claims? If so, that's obviously huge. If not, I am not sure how far this will go as clearly these accusations will be vehemently denied by the accused. Unless there is clear evidence, the only other way I can see there being a strong case here is if other individuals who were present when these ugly statements were allegedly made come forward and avow likewise.

I don't disagree, although if he actually heard these two owners say this, you have to think that the owners weren't being very careful about what they said in front of people (I appreciate he worked for the NFL, but he was still a reporter).  So if the owners try to deny it, they better be careful that they never said the same thing in front of anyone else or that those people would be willing to perjure themselves for them.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 12, 2023, 01:53:18 PMI don't disagree, although if he actually heard these two owners say this, you have to think that the owners weren't being very careful about what they said in front of people (I appreciate he worked for the NFL, but he was still a reporter).  So if the owners try to deny it, they better be careful that they never said the same thing in front of anyone else or that those people would be willing to perjure themselves for them.

Agreed. If these things were indeed said (and while I won't rush to judgment in a he-said-she-said, that's a hell of a thing to just make up about people out of thin air), then I agree with you that that suggests a fairly shameless and haphazard approach towards trying to contain one's racist tendencies. So in all likelihood there will have been others who have heard similar, or possibly even worse, things from these individuals.

Of course, many who have heard these kinds of things may be employees or others who are incentivized to not rock the boat, so actually getting said individuals to go on the record with similar accusations is easier said than done.