News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Should we be worried about this Sunday?

Started by LennG, September 12, 2023, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

So most here fully expect a comeback from the Giants on Sunday. After all, we are playing the Arizona Cardinals who many also believe are tanking this season which I find hard to believe.

Did anyone look at their stats from last Sunday? They had 'SIX' sacks against Washington and Washington's offensive line is a lot better than ours.

Seem if they do nothing else, they seem to be able to rush the passer.

I'm sure their DC can't wait to get his hands on the tape of Sunday's game and start game planning.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Absolutely. Our team just lost 40-0. As I mentioned in I think the game thread, the way we played on Sunday night would not be good enough to come close to beating anyone in this league.

Now... am I expecting the Giants to play anywhere near that badly a second week in a row? Of course not. But am I brimming with confidence about the team in general right now? No, I am not. And I still won't be if they beat the Cardinals. After what I witnessed on Sunday night, I'm going to need to see a few solid performances in a row by them before I start to feel any sort of genuine confidence about this team.

MightyGiants

Quote from: LennG on September 12, 2023, 02:08:19 PMSo most here fully expect a comeback from the Giants on Sunday. After all, we are playing the Arizona Cardinals who many also believe are tanking this season which I find hard to believe.

Did anyone look at their stats from last Sunday? They had 'SIX' sacks against Washington and Washington's offensive line is a lot better than ours.

Seem if they do nothing else, they seem to be able to rush the passer.

I'm sure their DC can't wait to get his hands on the tape of Sunday's game and start game planning.

Len,

Ask me after I know if Andrew Thomas is playing.  If Thomas can't go, I am quite concerned.  If AT can go I have mild concerns as I certainly can't say the Giants will do a complete 180 from the butt-kicking on Sunday
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kingm56

Lenn,

I fully expect the Giants to turn things around against a really bad Az team; however, I would not be surprised if they lost...I'm just not expecting to.  What really concerns me is the SF game; they at least need to be competitive in that ball game. 

Gmo11

They should be worried in the sense that if they do lose this game it's hard to find a path to 3 wins on the entire season.  They had better be able to beat a Cardinals team that isn't even trying to win.