News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

RUMOR- Daboll threw a big party at his house the Saturday night before the game

Started by MightyGiants, September 12, 2023, 03:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I personally don't see this is as much of a story, but I do try to keep you guys informed as to what is being said out there.

Per Michael Kay on "The Michael Kay Show" on ESPN New York:

"I have it on good authority that Brian Daboll had a huge party at his house on Saturday night," Kay said in the third hour of his show. "You're not throwing a big party if you're about to get your butt kicked by the Cowboys. So, this took everybody by surprise. And that's what's scary. Nobody expected this sort of blowout. They thought that they were going to play with them and they didn't even show up.

"That scares me guys. That tells me that they don't even know their own team. There's no way the head coach of a team throws a huge party like that the night before the opener if they think that there's a chance that they're going to get blown out."

https://www.nj.com/giants/2023/09/giants-brian-daboll-threw-huge-party-before-week-1-blowout.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=njsports_sf&utm_content=nj_twitter_njsports
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

True Blue

Appreciate your sharing of this. I think the writer of this rumor is either trying to create something that wasn't there, or is intently looking for a problem for the sake of drama.

I think the writer looks bad for this more than anyone else. Even if its true, to say the current coach of the year doesn't know him team after just making the playoffs is a ludicrous accusation and/or assumption on Michael Kays part

sooners56

If alcohol was consumed then that could easily explain the lackluster performance. If no alcohol was consumed or very little then it's a non-story imo.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

DaveBrown74

If anything it's good news. If you told me the reason they looked like you-know-what on Sunday was because they were all hungover from getting bombed at Daboll's house the night before, and that was the explanation, I'd actually feel better about the situation now, not worse. At least you'd understand why and, given how humiliated they now are, you'd know that this won't be happening again anytime soon.

DaveBrown74

The one thing I don't quite get is if you're going to do that, why Saturday night and not Friday night (in case some players have a few too many)?

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 12, 2023, 03:50:02 PMThe one thing I don't quite get is if you're going to do that, why Saturday night and not Friday night (in case some players have a few too many)?

If you reread the report, it said he threw a party; there is no mention that players (or anyone else from NYG) were involved.  For all we know, it could have been a birthday party or something else that is not related to the Giants
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 12, 2023, 03:52:24 PMIf you reread the report, it said he threw a party; there is no mention that players (or anyone else from NYG) were involved.  For all we know, it could have been a birthday party or something else that is not related to the Giants

Just speculating here, but Daboll has only lived in this area for a year. And he has been busy as hell for the last year (ie not much time for an out of work social life). Does he even know enough locals that have nothing to do with the Giants that he could realistically have a "huge party"? Maybe he does, but it seems somewhat improbable.

BTW, Daboll can do whatever he wants in his personal life/time. I am not judging. More just thinking if players/coaches were there, and it got a little wild, then that actually makes me feel better. I get that we don't know for sure who was there though (hence my saying "if anything").

Bigmoose

What happens to the story if Kay reports Daboll had a "team dinner" at his house the night before the game on Saturday night.  I smell the typical reporter's agenda to get out a "splash" story.

Trench

DaveBrown74

Rambo89

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 12, 2023, 07:07:18 PMIt was his kid's birthday party.  Typical Michael Kay. 

Hysterical.

It was probably over at 5pm. Kay is a clown.

Rambo89

Giants should refused to have anyone from their team on Kay's show the rest of the season.  How do you release a report like that without verifying it knowing the fallout that will happen?

No way Kay would have done this if it was the Yankees or Jets.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 12, 2023, 07:17:40 PMGiants should refused to have anyone from their team on Kay's show the rest of the season.  How do you release a report like that without verifying it knowing the fallout that will happen?

No way Kay would have done this if it was the Yankees or Jets.

Mike Francesa got banned by the Giants because he was critical of Gettleman (as if that wasn't warranted). If that is worthy of a ban, this should practically be lawsuit material by that standard.