News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

RUMOR- Daboll threw a big party at his house the Saturday night before the game

Started by MightyGiants, September 12, 2023, 03:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 12, 2023, 07:17:40 PMGiants should refused to have anyone from their team on Kay's show the rest of the season.  How do you release a report like that without verifying it knowing the fallout that will happen?

No way Kay would have done this if it was the Yankees or Jets.

100%

Rambo89

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 12, 2023, 07:27:02 PMMike Francesa got banned by the Giants because he was critical of Gettleman (as if that wasn't warranted). If that is worthy of a ban, this should practically be lawsuit material by that standard.

And had Shurmur lifted from his program because he grilled him about his overall record as a coach which was fact.

This is a lot worse than that.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Dgoodmantrublu

Michael Kay should be fired for stirring up this bs and no Giants player, coach or executive should go on the station until this happens.

EDjohnst1981

MightyGiants

MIchael Kay has cake on his face.

The ESPN radio host said Monday on "The Michael Kay Show" that Giants coach Brian Daboll had a "huge" party at his house Saturday night, the night before the Giants no-showed in their 40-0 humiliating loss to the Cowboys.

Well, turns out Daboll did have a party Saturday — for his six-year-old son's birthday.

Kay, to his credit, completely owned his shoddy reporting.

"I need to make a heartfelt apology to Brian Daboll," Kay said Tuesday. "I found out after, and I should have done more work, I'm a complete ass for doing this, and I feel sorry for any pain I might have caused that family by insinuating anything. I found out later it was a party for his six-year-old, it was a birthday party. I should have dug deeper and I didn't think it was going to be a big thing but it became sort of a big thing last night and I want to cut it off at the legs and say that is on me and I was irresponsible because I didn't check it out further and I apologize to anybody that was impacted by my flippant remark about a party at his house.

"I feel like a complete idiot and I'm really, really sorry to Brian Daboll, Brian Daboll's family and the Giants as well, they've always been very fair with us. I am really, really apologetic.

"I can't put myself out anymore than this because this was a huge mistake. That's not the show we are, we're not a sensationalistic show and I just made a comment not thinking it would be that big of a deal, and if it was a big deal I want to apologize and pull the rug out from under it."

https://nypost.com/2023/09/13/michael-kay-messes-up-tip-on-brian-daboll-house-party/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nypost_sitebuttons
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DragonSoul

Michael Kay ripped Brian Daboll for having big bash before 40-0 loss — except it was his 6-year-old son's birthday party....

https://nypost.com/2023/09/13/michael-kay-messes-up-tip-on-brian-daboll-house-party/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sr_share=twitter&utm_campaign=nypost_sports

This is why you don't jump to conclusions. Journalism as a whole is down the drain (Fact check/research it b4 u open ur mouth). Kay had to eat crow.

Rambo89

He didn't think it was a big thing but still brought it up?  Who is he kidding?  Coming off a 40-0 loss where the Giants were uncompetitive he didn't think the idea of Daboll having a team party the night before wouldn't have been an explosive story.  Sorry I don't buy his apology.  Had he stuck with the it being irresponsible I would be able to take him more seriously.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Dgoodmantrublu

The apology means nothing. He knew what he was doing and he didn't give a bleep

True Blue

What an XXXXXXX, a kid's birthday party turns into that Bs story?

DaveBrown74

I'm not a big Michael Kay guy at all (just don't think he's that good either on radio or as a baseball announcer), but I don't really have a problem with his apology. He did a dumb thing, but it's hard to sound much more apologetic than that in my opinion.

You want to see a half-assed apology? Check out Sean Payton's after the shade he threw on Nathaniel Hackett.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 13, 2023, 12:50:09 PMI'm not a big Michael Kay guy at all (just don't think he's that good either on radio or as a baseball announcer), but I don't really have a problem with his apology. He did a dumb thing, but it's hard to sound much more apologetic than that in my opinion.

You want to see a half-assed apology? Check out Sean Payton's after the shade he threw on Nathaniel Hackett.

I agree; that apology sounded sincere and he didn't make any excuses
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

He's just bitter he wasn't invited. He owes that kid a birthday present. A good one.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

IF only Michael Kay was as critical of the baseball team he works for as he is about a false story about a football team. Kay never takes Brian Cashman to task on his radio for the sad state of the Yankees because he doesn't want to lose his job.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Trench

Quote from: TDToomer on September 13, 2023, 09:14:26 PMIF only Michael Kay was as critical of the baseball team he works for as he is about a false story about a football team. Kay never takes Brian Cashman to task on his radio for the sad state of the Yankees because he doesn't want to lose his job.

I couldn't agree more. It's like state run media sometimes