News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

La'El Collins anyone?

Started by DaveBrown74, September 12, 2023, 06:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDjohnst1981

If he's not any worse - why not. Gotta kick the tires.

DaveBrown74

He's a big name. I have no clue what his health situation is though.

Uni

If we're going to dumpster dive for BENGALS OL castoffs, we're really in trouble.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Uni on September 12, 2023, 08:54:57 PMIf we're going to dumpster dive for BENGALS OL castoffs, we're really in trouble.

I wish we could have the type of success as an organization the Bengals have been enjoying for the last few years.

Dgoodmantrublu

Collins was good at Guard. I'd sign him to play guard if he's healthy.

GloryDays

I would do what it takes to get him and/ or Risner plus OT Taylor Lewan  ... it can't get any worse at those 3 spots, dump Glowinski and let Neal try to develop his hidden skills, but as a back up, we then might have a decent line.

DaveBrown74

According to Spotrac the Bengals are currently 5th in the league in cap space with $13mm. Cutting Collins it looks like saved them a good chunk of that. He wasn't a starter on their line, I don't think. Perhaps they have intentions of bringing in another position and are letting a pretty decent player go. With that said I have absolutely no idea what his health situation is. I would imagine if it is decent there will be plenty of interest around the league, as he is a fairly big name.

RelaxTension

Quote from: Uni on September 12, 2023, 08:54:57 PMIf we're going to dumpster dive for BENGALS OL castoffs, we're really in trouble.
I would say the team is really in trouble any way.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

MightyGiants

Depressing that after years of trying to focus on fixing the line we are still dumpster diving
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

If he can stand on two feet and identify a basic DL stunt he'd be an improvement and should be signed immediately. And that doesn't just go for him.  Could be any available OL of any kind.  Pugh or whoever.  Can they please, for the love of all that is good and holy in this world, identify and block a stunt? Please?

Philosophers

Quote from: GloryDays on September 13, 2023, 04:06:13 AMI would do what it takes to get him and/ or Risner plus OT Taylor Lewan  ... it can't get any worse at those 3 spots, dump Glowinski and let Neal try to develop his hidden skills, but as a back up, we then might have a decent line.

Taylor Lewan has played OLT his entire NFL and college career.

Dumpster Dan

Surprised that nobody has mentioned--Collins coming off an ACL and MCL injury

Dumpster Dan

Hadron

Quote from: Philosophers on September 13, 2023, 12:59:26 PMTaylor Lewan has played OLT his entire NFL and college career.

Lewan's knee is also FUBAR'd.

spiderblue43

I might settle for Lizzo at this stage  Redfaced