News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Pat Traina and former NFL scout Dave Turner break down the Giants

Started by MightyGiants, September 13, 2023, 09:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I think there were some interesting things covered on this show.  Things I hadn't heard elsewhere

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Obviously I agree with Turner that the play calling was horrible all game and they did nothing to help the struggling Offensive Linemen as I've mentioned it  Ad Nauseam. I agree that using a sixth Oline would have been a good strategy and I though they had at least one play where Peart was on the right side. The problem was, they never practiced this in Camp that I saw, it needs to be in most cases an OT and two of them got hurt. Bellinger should have been next to Neal blocking all game if not Peart. They needed to run the ball much more and not give up on it so early but they also needed to throw some screens to the sidelines and open up the Flats.

Here is the issues I see with the Oline outside of the game analysis... They know Neal is going to struggle but they only have one Swing Tackle on the squad and he sucks. They have Marcus as a backup Tackle who is really a Guard. He and Ezeudu never took snaps at Tackle all summer. Instead of the stupid Guard Rotation, they needed to give these men time outside if they weren't going to have a 4th Tackle.

Then look  at the rest of the depth chart. Instead of Ezeudu backing up Bredeson because he's the next best pulling Guard, they have him backing up Glowinski. That RG position needs a heavy hitter and that's where Marcus and Lemieux need to be.

Then look at the PS. They have a Rookie Tackle in Jaylon Thomas and one Veteran Guard. Where is the OT Depth??

It totally asinine to have four RB on this squad let alone dress. They need the extra Tackle.

If Thomas is out and Peart is out, Ezeudu will be the LT. I would pull Glowinski and let him sit to start the game and put Lemieux or Marcus in there. They can't possibly be worse. Put Brightwell on the PS. He's not helping Special Teams to where he's a must carry. Bring in Pugh for a workout. Pugh at 50 years old is a better OT than Neal right now, short Effin arms and all.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

OL depth especially at swing tackle with a plethora of injuries was the one reason I said the Giants might be sub 0.500.  Now it may look prophetic.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Philosophers on September 13, 2023, 01:02:09 PMOL depth especially at swing tackle with a plethora of injuries was the one reason I said the Giants might be sub 0.500.  Now it may look prophetic.
And pathetic.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin