News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Glowinski is still listed as the starting RG

Started by MightyGiants, September 13, 2023, 10:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Last season, the Giants were described as a meritocracy where you earned your playing time and spot on the roster.

What message is sent to the players when they watch the tape and witness the glaring lack of effort by Glowinski and see that not only does he still have a spot on the roster, but he's still starting?

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

True Blue

May as well get McKethan some snaps, what do they have to lose?

Rambo89

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 13, 2023, 10:56:20 AMBecause they call it unofficial. Lol

And if it's a meritocracy the entire line should sit with no one having been good Sunday night
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 13, 2023, 11:00:53 AMAnd if it's a meritocracy the entire line should sit with no one having been good Sunday night

Obviously, that's unrealistic.  For me, I think players who are not putting in the effort should be the first to go. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 13, 2023, 11:03:15 AMObviously, that's unrealistic.  For me, I think players who are not putting in the effort should be the first to go. 

Which is why after a game like that I don't know how you just pick one guy when everyone was bad.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

uconnjack8

Why do you think there wasn't effort?  I find it hard to believe he wasn't trying.  He may have been awful, but not giving effort is another story.

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on September 13, 2023, 11:16:26 AMWhy do you think there wasn't effort?  I find it hard to believe he wasn't trying.  He may have been awful, but not giving effort is another story.

Go to the 18:45 point in the video.  What some of Glow's snaps.  Tell me that you saw NFL-caliber effort

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

JT39

You do not pull the plug after 1 week. We do not know everything that goes behind a game. Now if he does it for 2-3 more games, then you start asking. These guys practiced all summer and the coaches know who the best players are. If there was someone who would be an upgrade, the coaches would put them in.

Until then, you give him another shot.

MightyGiants

Quote from: JT39 on September 13, 2023, 11:22:13 AMYou do not pull the plug after 1 week. We do not know everything that goes behind a game. Now if he does it for 2-3 more games, then you start asking. These guys practiced all summer and the coaches know who the best players are. If there was someone who would be an upgrade, the coaches would put them in.

Until then, you give him another shot.

JT,

Regarding the part in bold, I agree that should be true.  However, reviewing how the line played Sunday night, I am struggling to accept that it's true.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kingm56

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 13, 2023, 11:23:48 AMJT,

Regarding the part in bold, I agree that should be true.  However, reviewing how the line played Sunday night, I am struggling to accept that it's true.

Just because they struggled Sunday does not mean they will repeat a similar effort this week.  Most importantly, Parsons was responsible for most of the disruption in the A-gaps.  Az doesn't have a Parsons.

JT39

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 13, 2023, 11:23:48 AMJT,

Well if your point is true.... its time to worry about Daboll. Because if he is playing guys that arent the best a t their positions, thats a coaching probnlem.

My opinion? They dont think the backups are up to snuff either.

Ed Vette

They should play the best players available. I think in many cases the incumbent gets the nod because of experience but if McKethan or Lemieux show they are ready they should make the switch. This season will be over in 2-3 more games. This is a Veteran who at age 31 isn't going to get much better than he showed last season. He most likely is on the decline or soon will be. I don't believe he gave up, but he has enough experience to overcome what he was up against. Slow to react and hands at his side. There were a few plays where he should have gotten better help from Saquon and JMS, but so much was just on him and a nine year Veteran shouldn't need prep in the PS guys like Neal, Ezeudu, JMS, Lemieux and Peart needed. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Fast Eddie Felson

Quote from: kingm56 on September 13, 2023, 11:43:01 AMJust because they struggled Sunday does not mean they will repeat a similar effort this week.  Most importantly, Parsons was responsible for most of the disruption in the A-gaps.  Az doesn't have a Parsons.
Arizona simply needs to plug in a fast linebacker and we`ll be right back to where we started. I can`t see them not game-planning it that way.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Fast Eddie Felson on September 13, 2023, 01:06:25 PMArizona simply needs to plug in a fast linebacker and we`ll be right back to where we started. I can`t see them not game-planning it that way.
I wonder how Simmons would do in that role for the Giants.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin