News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Glowinski is still listed as the starting RG

Started by MightyGiants, September 13, 2023, 10:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I did some digging and found this interview.  I heard this in July when NYG posted it.  When I heard the Glowinski interview (the first one on the video), I couldn't shake (then) the feeling that Glow had become a family man to his two young children and between that and age, he didn't sound like a guy who made me feel comfortable still had it.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

RelaxTension

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 13, 2023, 01:10:59 PMI did some digging and found this interview.  I heard this in July when NYG posted it.  When I heard the Glowinski interview (the first one on the video), I couldn't shake (then) the feeling that Glow had become a family man to his two young children and between that and age, he didn't sound like a guy who made me feel comfortable still had it.

Damn I was all over Neal less than this when I joined and was outcasted as a troll.  :laugh:
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

MightyGiants

Quote from: RelaxTension on September 13, 2023, 01:41:49 PMDamn I was all over Neal less than this when I joined and was outcasted as a troll.  :laugh:

I am supportive of the players; I can forgive (and be understanding of) quite a bit.  The one thing I have zero tolerance for is lack of effort and that is what I saw looking at the tape.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 13, 2023, 11:23:48 AMJT,

Regarding the part in bold, I agree that should be true.  However, reviewing how the line played Sunday night, I am struggling to accept that it's true.
See below.

Quote from: JT39 on September 13, 2023, 11:22:13 AMYou do not pull the plug after 1 week. We do not know everything that goes behind a game. Now if he does it for 2-3 more games, then you start asking. These guys practiced all summer and the coaches know who the best players are. If there was someone who would be an upgrade, the coaches would put them in.

Until then, you give him another shot.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

kingm56

Quote from: Fast Eddie Felson on September 13, 2023, 01:06:25 PMArizona simply needs to plug in a fast linebacker and we`ll be right back to where we started. I can`t see them not game-planning it that way.

I don't care how fast the LB is, they won't be able to replicate Parsons ability.

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 13, 2023, 01:10:59 PMI did some digging and found this interview.  I heard this in July when NYG posted it.  When I heard the Glowinski interview (the first one on the video), I couldn't shake (then) the feeling that Glow had become a family man to his two young children and between that and age, he didn't sound like a guy who made me feel comfortable still had it.

This is an unfair assumption about a player's mindset.  I get the concept of being critical of a player's play but to question their commitment to winning and playing the game without knowing for sure is completely unfair IMO.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Stringer Bell

Let's also not forget about the Arizona coach's prior success against the Giants as DC of the Eagles.

I understand Ariz doesn't have the Eagles talent on D, but Gannon knows the Giants, their strengths and weaknesses, and I have no doubt he will formulate a strong game plan.

This game is going to be close and ugly. Vegas couldn't put a low enough number on this game for me to not love the under.

Fast Eddie Felson

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 13, 2023, 01:10:30 PMI wonder how Simmons would do in that role for the Giants.
Simmons waived his 3 cone drill at the combine, but I`d love to see it happen. IMO, anyone at sub 7 seconds is going to be a problem for Evan Neal. Parson`s time is good at 6.94 and he`s a great hand fighter, but there many others who are/were faster. Additionally, I don`t recall Parsons needing his hands on Sun. night.

spiderblue43

Considering the disaster the right side of line was against the Pokes, I hardly believe the Giants can trust this group against anyone to look protect DJ

A very cautious approach..grind it out type a la last year I expect instead.

You simply can't score much if your OL is vulnerable constantly..obviously.

coggs

It is very easy to say he should be benched/cut for his performance.  However, they still have a job to put the best players on the field.  Only way he gets benched is if the coaches feel they have someone who actually CAN perform better.  At this point in the season, can't bench/cut a player for the sake of benching a player.