News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

In Retrospect

Started by Ed Vette, September 13, 2023, 11:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

In the 2021 draft, the Giants traded out for a 2022 First Round pick. Right after, Dallas selects Micah Parsons whom I coveted so much. Then they select Toney. They passed on Slater and Tucker.

Would you still have passed on Parsons and or Slater and Tucker?

How would that change have effected the team today. We know Waller might not be on the team as a result.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rambo89

Waller might not be on the team but maybe the Giants would have drafted Garrett Wilson instead of Thibodeaux which would have given them that receiving weapon.

Hard to know how things would have played out had the Giants not made that trade with the Bears and just stood pat in the 2021 draft.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

MightyGiants

Ed,

It's tough to play the what-if game in some ways.  What-if the Giants drafted Ikem Ekwonu with the 5th pick in 2022 and then took Garrett Wilson with the 7th pick?  What-if instead of drafting Toney with the 20th pick, they took Kwity Paye?

If they had done that instead of

Toney
Neal
Thibodeaux

They would have had.

Garrett
Ikem Ekwonu
Kwity Paye
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

I also coveted Parsons and I will just say in my opinion, the Giants would be a better team with Parsons than they are with any of the players they have drafted or acquired since. We would certainly have different players on the roster, but Parsons seems to be a game changing force every time he steps on the field and nobody on the Giants comes close to that.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

True Blue

Tucker pass

Parsons and Slater slam the phone and make the pick!

MightyGiants

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 13, 2023, 11:16:29 AMIf they had done that instead of

Toney
Neal
Thibodeaux

They would have had.

Garrett
Ikem Ekwonu
Kwity Paye

Might was well play it out completely, if no trade

Either

Parsons
Ikem Ekwonu

OR

Slater
Thibodeaux
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 13, 2023, 12:25:44 PMMight was well play it out completely, if no trade

Either

Parsons
Ikem Ekwonu

OR

Slater
Thibodeaux

I'll pretty much always choose any combo that involves Parsons being a Giant.