News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Play this every day before practice

Started by Ed Vette, September 13, 2023, 12:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

RelaxTension

Truth hurts some people I guess..
That stuff was pretty funny and they deserve to make those comments.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

DaveBrown74

Quote from: RelaxTension on September 13, 2023, 12:47:01 PMTruth hurts some people I guess..
That stuff was pretty funny and they deserve to make those comments.

100% true. If the roles were reversed Giants fans would love this.

My problem is with our team, not theirs.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

I'd play it on diamond vision on the 50 yard line before each quarter

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 13, 2023, 01:21:43 PMPlay like  :poo: and this is bound to happen

True.

Here's my question/concern: if they're capable of playing much better than this, why didn't they? And I apply that question to the whole team, too. Not just the O line.

I mean I get that teams have bad games, obviously. But why would that happen in this game, given its importance and the spectacle around it that it had?

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 13, 2023, 01:33:31 PMTrue.

Here's my question/concern: if they're capable of playing much better than this, why didn't they? And I apply that question to the whole team, too. Not just the O line.

I mean I get that teams have bad games, obviously. But why would that happen in this game, given its importance and the spectacle around it that it had?

I have a few working theories:

1)  The Giants lack MENTAL toughness.  Sure, they are physically tough but they let one blocked FG returned for a TD impact them way too much

2) The Giants didn't learn their lesson about mailing in their effort that they experienced the results in the first Lions joint practice

3) That one drive against the Panthers did more harm than good and they were overconfident

4) Just dumb luck; everything that could go wrong did.   When they fell too far behind, Dallas's defense could just pin their ears back and chance down Daniel Jones

5) We have seen 2 teams play the Daboll-coached Giants 3 times.  The Eagles and the Cowboys.  I hope that this isn't an indication the Giants offense can be "figured out"

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

If they have to be reminded of the historic embarrassment every day, I don't want them on the team.

That said, I wouldn't put much stock in that game being a barometer for the season even if we shut them out 40-0. It's still Week 1/Pre-season Week 4.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Rambo89

This group of players does get their confidence knocked off balance easily.  We saw it with Jones last year in the playoffs in Philly after they failed to convert that 4th down on their first possession.  Then Sunday night he was a wreck after the botched snap on the first drive. The same goes for his teammates who go into a shell against good teams when they get punched.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on September 13, 2023, 01:53:31 PMIf they have to be reminded of the historic embarrassment every day, I don't want them on the team.

That said, I wouldn't put much stock in that game being a barometer for the season even if we shut them out 40-0. It's still Week 1/Pre-season Week 4.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

I figured as much. But, if you were the HC, I could 100% see you doing it!  :yes:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on September 13, 2023, 03:49:17 PMI figured as much. But, if you were the HC, I could 100% see you doing it!  :yes:
You know me well.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin