News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

McKinney is tweeting again

Started by Trench, February 26, 2024, 10:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

Xavier McKinney has been tweeting cryptic stuff again. This guy is a problem waiting to happen and Giants would be smart to let him go. The guy comes across as a big distraction in my opinion.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2024/02/26/new-york-giants-xavier-mckinney-sends-cryptic-tweets-as-free-agency-looms/?taid=65dd50454b4dbc00011a9cd6&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

EliWasrobbed

I don't care how "distracting" a player is, if they are good we need to keep him. Can't afford to be about "locker room culture" or whatever when this team is as bad as they are..
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

uconnjack8

I don't see any of those tweets as a distraction or issue.  It almost looks like his agent took over his twitter.  Its completely innocuous stuff IMO.

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on February 27, 2024, 12:34:44 PMI don't see any of those tweets as a distraction or issue.  It almost looks like his agent took over his twitter.  Its completely innocuous stuff IMO.

Since Schoen confirmed today that NYG and McKinney's agents have yet to sit down, it's reasonable to assume that the Tweets are not some sort of obscure reference to how he feels about an offer the Giants have made or how negotiations are going.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

Team captain and he played 100% of the defensive snaps last season. I hope we re-sign him.
He's a far cry from Toney if you want to talk about a distraction.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Jclayton92

New DC has done really well with Safeties so I would be ok with Belton, Owens, Pinnock and a mid-level signing.

Trench

Quote from: Jclayton92 on February 27, 2024, 08:14:48 PMNew DC has done really well with Safeties so I would be ok with Belton, Owens, Pinnock and a mid-level signing.

Me too. I do like McKinney skill set. But I don't like his drama. Reminds me of Odell. When we look back can we agree letting Odell go was the right move?....looking at everything I do believe so.

Xavier is very outspoken. Losing Love elevated him and it didn't help. Love was the leader - the vet - and our defense was not the same when he left. Especially McKinney.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Guy is all over the place. I hope I'm wrong and he turns out to be a wonderful player and Giant.

I read somewhere that he could thrive in a new system with our coordinator. Let's hope. But there are red flags in my mind

expatriot

What was the Giants defense ranked last year?  27th?  28th?  You want to pay a guy 15-17 million on that defense? Spend the money elsewhere.

Also the Giants just hired the D coordinator from Tennessee...worst ranked pass defense last year.  The beat goes on, the beat goes on...la de da de de....

Trench

Quote from: expatriot on February 29, 2024, 10:00:48 AMWhat was the Giants defense ranked last year?  27th?  28th?  You want to pay a guy 15-17 million on that defense? Spend the money elsewhere.

Also the Giants just hired the D coordinator from Tennessee...worst ranked pass defense last year.  The beat goes on, the beat goes on...la de da de de....

An interesting way to look at it. You may be right