News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Just a joke

Started by babywhales, November 02, 2007, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

An ad we will never see again.

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

You guys are cracking me up  =))

Ed's joke reminds me of a guy who was stranded on an island in the Pacific and stumbled across a genie and got one wish. "All I really want is....."
When he was finally rescued, he returned home with a tiny head on his shoulders. I'll let you guys fill in the blanks...LOL
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on February 04, 2022, 11:54:51 AM

Ed's joke reminds me of a guy who was stranded on an island in the Pacific and stumbled across a genie and got one wish. "All I really want is....."
When he was finally rescued, he returned home with a tiny head on his shoulders. I'll let you guys fill in the blanks...LOL

That's actually a spin off on that old joke. He had one wish and wanted to make love to the beautiful Genie but she said it was against the fraternization rules. So he then asked, How about...?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on February 04, 2022, 11:54:51 AM

I guess yesterday was my slow day because I totally didn't get it...

"Make my head smaller."  :-?? ~X(

I'm on board now  =))
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Bob In PA

Regarding the "I Dream of Barbara Eden" graphic... I always admired people who come up with stuff like that; it's a great joke... I admire comedy writers and bet it would be a hoot to be in the room while they work.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Bob In PA on February 04, 2022, 12:25:10 PM
Regarding the "I Dream of Barbara Eden" graphic... I always admired people who come up with stuff like that; it's a great joke... I admire comedy writers and bet it would be a hoot to be in the room while they work.  Bob

I was stuck in Chicago for a week one day

Anyway, I stayed at a hotel on Michigan Ave and needed a haircut. The lady at the front desk said, "we have a barber downstairs you can use". Anyway, I went downstairs to this hole in the wall barber shop. The walls were adorned with signed pictures from JFK, Humphrey Bogart, to you name it. Apparently, the barber shop was for celebrities who wanted privacy. As I admired the dozens of pictures of famous people I asked the barber who was his favorite. He said, "that's easy - Dom DeLuise" I replied, "oh really, how come?" He said he was the funniest man he ever met in his life and the entire time he was in there everyone was laughing so hard they almost fell out of their chairs. Great comedian. I miss the old style comedians  :(

Jonathan Winters was also a funny guy. Most people don't know how he got started, but he was the television voice of two beer steins named Schultz and Dooley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqXLFWIuLNE

Bob In PA

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on February 04, 2022, 12:41:44 PM
Jonathan Winters was also a funny guy. Most people don't know how he got started, but he was the television voice of two beer steins named Schultz and Dooley
Jolly: I did not know that; I also play the piano (from age four - against my better judgment I got a degree); we have many erstwhile musicians here; maybe we should have a musicians thread on the Front Porch.  Bob

LennG

You know, I like Johnathon Winters, but after a while, his 'comedy' kind of became annoying to me. Truly a great comedian and a , master at his craft, but we each know what makes us laugh, and Winters does for a while and then I need to find something else.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bob In PA

Quote from: LennG on February 04, 2022, 02:23:56 PM
You know, I like Johnathon Winters, but after a while, his 'comedy' kind of became annoying to me. Truly a great comedian and a , master at his craft, but we each know what makes us laugh, and Winters does for a while and then I need to find something else.
Len: I agree.  I remember Johnny Carson being completely unable to contain himself when Winters was on, but I never "got it."  Maybe you had to know Winters personally (and off-camera) to really "get" him?  Bob

ozzie

I'll join your club fellas. Jonathan Winters was funny to me in small doses. Too much screen time and I found him to get kind of annoying.
I know Robin Williams looked up to him and considered him a hero, and I put him in the same class as Winters.
Those guys had brilliant minds that never shut off, but to me that was their problem. Always coming at you over the top and at 100 MPH.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

Quote from: ozzie on February 04, 2022, 05:29:31 PM
I'll join your club fellas. Jonathan Winters was funny to me in small doses. Too much screen time and I found him to get kind of annoying.
I know Robin Williams looked up to him and considered him a hero, and I put him in the same class as Winters.
Those guys had brilliant minds that never shut off, but to me that was their problem. Always coming at you over the top and at 100 MPH.

Very well put Lou. You expressed my thoughts exactly.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

I was never a big fan of Winters myself - a little to over the top with exaggerated facial expressions and weird voices. Just found it interesting that he got his start as the voice of Shultz and Dooley which I remember well as a little kid in front of a black and white (closer to brown and white) 36" console TV with a 12" tube. He had his moments I guess, but I never recall laughing as I watched him as a kid

When I say I miss some of the old style comedians, I mean like Jackie Gleason, or not so old like Leslie Nielsen, Eddie Murphy, Chevy Chase (for which I'll get roasted), John Candy, Chris Farley....(I'm old, but not so old that I remember comedians from the 50's)

There are some comedians I just don't like and atop the list is Will Ferrell. Again, he's had some moments (like in "Old School"), but for the most part, if I see his name in the credits I skip the flick. Dittos with Adam Sandler. Never found John Belushi funny even though a lot of people did.

Movies that I'll watch simply because there is an actor who makes me laugh is Ben Stiller (and his dad of course), Melissa McCarthy, Vince Vaugn, etc.

Jolly Blue Giant

Since I have kinda sabotaged this page, I'll try to get it back on track with a joke

Last one I heard:

"Why is everyone in NYC so miserable?"
"Because the light at the end of tunnel is New Jersey"

Ed Vette

Most comedians are funny and entertaining in moderation. I like comedy teams and the one that
~ Coach Tom Coughlin