News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Just a joke

Started by babywhales, November 02, 2007, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Back to humor
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

And a few more for good measure (for us older generation guys)
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

Quote from: Ed Vette on February 05, 2022, 09:32:44 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think my favorite line from the Honeymooners was when Ralph asked "Hey Norton, have you ever seen a picture of me when I weighed 180 pounds?"
To which Norton replied "No Ralph, I never did see none of your baby pictures!"  =))
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Ed Vette

Quote from: ozzie on February 06, 2022, 05:51:43 PM
I think my favorite line from the Honeymooners was when Ralph asked "Hey Norton, have you ever seen a picture of me when I weighed 180 pounds?"
To which Norton replied "No Ralph, I never did see none of your baby pictures!"  =))
If you
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

My favorite:

Ralph and Norton hatch a scheme to make some money. They decide to get people to watch them as "mind readers". Norton would sit on stage and be the Swami while Ralph would go through the crowd and pick an item to see if the blindfolded Norton could guess what was in his hand.

Ralph asks a lady if she could borrow her ring and she complied.

Ralph then says, "Swami oh great Swami...you will RINGGG the bell on this one" (with a drawn out and louder use of the word RING)
Norton replies with a stoic face as though it's easy for him: "it is a bell"

Ralph says, "No Swami...you will RRIINNNGG, you will RIINNGG the bell on this one"
Norton replies: "it is a bathtub"

Ralph blows his top of course. Just a ridiculous and funny scene that I never forgot even though it was probably 60 years ago that I saw it. Even though I was only 8 or 9, I laughed so hard that I couldn't stop. Just hit me right. I'd love to find a YouTube of that scene
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on February 06, 2022, 07:04:04 PM
My favorite:

Ralph and Norton hatch a scheme to make some money. They decide to get people to watch them as "mind readers". Norton would sit on stage and be the Swami while Ralph would go through the crowd and pick an item to see if the blindfolded Norton could guess what was in his hand.

Ralph asks a lady if she could borrow her ring and she complied.

Ralph then says, "Swami oh great Swami...you will RINGGG the bell on this one" (with a drawn out and louder use of the word RING)
Norton replies with a stoic face as though it's easy for him: "it is a bell"

Ralph says, "No Swami...you will RRIINNNGG, you will RIINNGG the bell on this one"
Norton replies: "it is a bathtub"

Ralph blows his top of course. Just a ridiculous and funny scene that I never forgot even though it was probably 60 years ago that I saw it. Even though I was only 8 or 9, I laughed so hard that I couldn't stop. Just hit me right. I'd love to find a YouTube of that scene
I can
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Sem

Do you think the guy who coined the term "one hit wonder" ever came up with any other popular phrases?

LennG

Since you are talking Honeymooners, I'll give you the ultimate trivia question on it, and without googling it, answer this

Ed Norton has a middle name. It was mentioned ONCE, in, I believe the second show.

If you google it you will get it, but does anyone know?

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Getting back to humor

This is an old joke, obviously pre-COVID, but it has an amusing punch line.

Last week, we took some friends out to a new restaurant, and noticed
that the waiter who took our order carried a spoon in his shirt
pocket. It seemed a little strange.

When the waiter brought our water and cutlery, I noticed he also had a
spoon in his shirt pocket. Then I looked around and saw that all the
staff had spoons in their pockets.

When the waiter came back to serve our soup I asked, "Why the spoon?"
"Well, "he explained, "the restaurant

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on February 07, 2022, 12:07:25 PM
Since you are talking Honeymooners, I'll give you the ultimate trivia question on it, and without googling it, answer this

Ed Norton has a middle name. It was mentioned ONCE, in, I believe the second show.

If you google it you will get it, but does anyone know?
That
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

You just gotta love these

Charlie Weiss

LennG

We are off again, for another week, so I don't know if I'll have much to put up but here are a few really good ones to tide you over

Charlie Weiss

GordonGekko80

Quote from: LennG on February 10, 2022, 06:41:26 PM
We are off again, for another week, so I don't know if I'll have much to put up but here are a few really good ones to tide you over

Love the last one...  =)) =)) =))