News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Just a joke

Started by babywhales, November 02, 2007, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Good stuff on today's opinion of reading. Several things I've read about in the past that stick out to me

1 - there is nothing you can learn in college that you can't learn by reading a book from the library
2 - you want to expand your mind, your vocabulary, you sense of well-being: read a book
3 - no movie has ever been as good as the book from which it was taken
4 - if you want to bore someone to tears, tell them in detail about the book you are reading  :yes:

One of my many faults, is coming home with a few new books and realizing I already read one and have one of them. Happens all the time. I'm getting senile I think
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on June 03, 2022, 12:21:43 PM
Good stuff on today's opinion of reading. Several things I've read about in the past that stick out to me

1 - there is nothing you can learn in college that you can't learn by reading a book from the library
2 - you want to expand your mind, your vocabulary, you sense of well-being: read a book
3 - no movie has ever been as good as the book from which it was taken
4 - if you want to bore someone to tears, tell them in detail about the book you are reading  :yes:

One of my many faults, is coming home with a few new books and realizing I already read one and have one of them. Happens all the time. I'm getting senile I think

Ric

#3 is mostly true, but many years ago, I read Jaws by Peter Benchley and it doesn't even compare to the movie for sheer terror, excitement and so many other things. This time the movie was 1,000 X better.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Remember the Sunday funnies

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on June 05, 2022, 12:39:24 PM
Ric

#3 is mostly true, but many years ago, I read Jaws by Peter Benchley and it doesn't even compare to the movie for sheer terror, excitement and so many other things. This time the movie was 1,000 X better.

Funny, but I've never seen "Jaws" nor have I read the book. For some reason, there's some blockbuster movies that I have never seen simply because the subject matter didn't pique my interest. Like "Rocky" and all the sequels - never seen a one of them and man do I get criticized by some people for admitting that...LOL

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on June 05, 2022, 12:52:23 PM
Funny, but I've never seen "Jaws" nor have I read the book. For some reason, there's some blockbuster movies that I have never seen simply because the subject matter didn't pique my interest. Like "Rocky" and all the sequels - never seen a one of them and man do I get criticized by some people for admitting that...LOL

Holy crap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on June 05, 2022, 12:52:23 PM

WHAT, never seen Jaws, the original summer blockbuster which started it all. You should see it just for the heck of it. Jaws were simply one of the best movies of all time, Jaws II was just OK and after that, I don't remember how many they made but they were all 'A' type movies that should have been 'B' movies and maybe even 'C' if there is a category for that.

Rocky, on the other hand, held up pretty well thru most of the sequels. Like Rocky 5 was every bit as good as some of the previous ones. The original Rocky was probably the start of all those 'feel good' movies where you just had to root for the underdog. Made Stallone a star. He wrote it and starred in it.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

I found NJ's real state flag  :D

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

One Sunday morning Joe burst into the living room and said: "Dad, Mom, I have some great news for you! I am getting married to the most beautiful girl in town. She lives a block away and her name is Susan."

After dinner, Joe's dad took him aside and said: "Son, I have to talk with you. Your mother and I have been married 30 years. She's a wonderful wife but she has never offered much excitement in the bedroom, so I used to fool around a lot. Susan is actually your half-sister, and I'm afraid you can't marry her."

Joe was heartbroken. After eight months he eventually started dating girls again. A year later he came home and very proudly announced: "Dianne said yes! We are getting married in June."

Again his father insisted on another private conversation and broke the sad news: "Diane is your half-sister too, Joe, I am very sorry about this."

Joe was furious. He finally decided to go to his mother with the news.

"Dad has done so much harm. I guess I am never going to get married," he complained. "Every time I fall in love, Dad tells me the girl is my half-sister."

His mother just shook her head and said: "Pay him no mind to what he says, dear. He's not really your father."

LennG

I saw THAT one coming from the first lines.

Funny though.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Charlie Weiss

T200

https://youtu.be/PAkkLQr2Kjc

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jolly Blue Giant

Well...the joke was new to me  =))

Seems to have been around for awhile - LOL

LennG

Cinderella was 75 years old after a fulfilling life with the now passed-away Prince, happily sat upon her rocking chair, watching the world go by from her front porch, with a cat called Alan for companionship.

One sunny afternoon, out of nowhere, appeared the Fairy Godmother.

Cinderella said:

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

LennG

Saturday funnies

For Father's Day--Mens dream things

Charlie Weiss