News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Photography

Started by LennG, July 22, 2020, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moose135

The Moose is Loose!

Bill Brown

I am not any kind of photographer but I took these today. We have had a couple of hummingbirds come around for a few years but this year I've seen 4 at one time. So to get 3 is a rare feat.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

ozzie

I love it, Bill! I'm also jealous. We have 3 hummingbird feeders up but we only get one visitor at a time to each one. I always see pictures of multiple hummingbirds sharing feeders, but the ones that come to ours are very territorial and will chase other visitors away.
Anyway, great pix and thanks for sharing.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Moose135

We were up in the hills of Tennessee this weekend, near Gatlinburg/Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Saturday night, I took a ride on Foothills Parkway, along the northern border of the park, in search of the Milky Way...

The Moose is Loose!

Bill Brown

New tumbler that my daughter made for me. I created the design and she lazer engraved it on the cup. 

Bill

""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

ozzie

Time of year for the little Hummers to load up before migrating away. We have been very lucky this year as we have had more visitors this year than ever before!

I got lucky and caught a shot of this guy in our tree

"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."

John Mara

ozzie

Another visitor to our yard that I came across quite by accident...
Simply called a black and yellow garden spider. Quite intimidating, but not aggressive towards humans. His web is about 2 feet high and 2 feet across at its widest points.

John Mara

ozzie

It's been months since we've had anything new posted here so let me keep this thread going.
I was putting out the trash cans last night and just happened to look up at the full moon. I took these shots standing in my driveway..

John Mara

LennG

Gosh, it does seem like ages since I've posted anything here. I have so many photos of my explorations that I don't know where to start.

Great pix Lou. Please don't take this the wrong way, but when I look back at some of your 'older' pix. I believe you have become the board's new photo expert. Most of your pix are amazing and so well done.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Well, thanks for that compliment, Lenn, but I will still defer to you and Moose when it comes to experts in photography.
Now, get posting! I can't wait to see what you've got waiting for us!

John Mara

LennG

I started going thru some of my pix from earlier this year. In March, we were at one of our favorite places in New Hampshire and the second day in, we really got dumped on with a huge snowstorm. We thought we would be snowbound for a few days as there were about 16 inches around, but NH knows how to deal with snow, and the next day we were out and about. Being the first day after the snow, everything was still covered which just made for some terrific pics. Since it was mid-March, when the sun comes out it kind of takes care of the snow on the trees and roofs, but during the time it is there, and if you like snow pix, it is a photographer's heaven.

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Great shots. I love the Virgin snow...no footprints or sled marks yet to ruin the beauty of it. Especially like the ones with the tree lined river running thru.

John Mara

LennG

Last year, we did a TransAtlantic cruise via the Artic Circle. Maybe my best cruise ever. We did a week cruise first from Copenhagen, via Oslo, and several wonderful small towns along the way and into the Fiords of Norway. Back to Copenhagen and then TA back to the USA. I amassed quite a load of pix but I'll try and just post a dew that I feel holds some special value. What I think is a good pix probably won't appeal to many as I love shots of narrow streets with laundry hanging out. I also love shots of local things, like a restaurant in Norway where you eat outdoors but they supply you with blankets and furs to keep you warm while you eat. We stop for lunch or just a gelati (my wife must have this every day) and we take pix of that, just for memory's sake.

Anyway here are some shots of Copenhagen. We have been here before so we spent most of our time doing things we hadn't done before. Copenhagen has a very famous area called Nyhavn, where there are tons of outdoor restaurants, along a canal where they run cruise tours that take you along the waterways of Copenhagen. This time we made it our business to go to Tivoli Gardens, a huge area.amusement park right square in the middle of Copenhagen. Even if you don't go on rides, this place is simply amazing especially at night when they light everything up.

Anyway, some pix of Copenhagen

This is what the tour boats look like, very low and wide to get under many of the bridges along the way. Several you need to duck your heads to pass under

Copenhagen City Hall

And then there is Tivoli

And one last pix which I just had to take. I had to use the restroom in Tivoli and thought this was the cutest thing, where Dad and child can do their thing together in the privacy of a stall.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Tivoli certainly seems like the place to be! Great shot, as always Lenn.

John Mara

LennG

When we were in Iceland it rained for most of the 3 days but we did have one afternoon where the sun did shine. Most people think of Iceland as just that, but Iceland is mostly green and Greenland mostly snowy.

I could post a bevy of pix from here but just to give you an idea of the country, many huge waterfalls, many areas with geysers and hot springs ( many parts of Game of Thrones were filmed here, mostly the parts beyond the Wall)

Arriving at our first port

Lush green is all over the island

Geysers in an area that looks like it could be on another planet and not Iceland

There are many dormant volcanos that are filled with beautiful aqua-colored water. These things are huge.

Charlie Weiss