News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Photography

Started by LennG, July 22, 2020, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie

Quote from: T200 on July 28, 2020, 11:30:06 PM
We were down in ShoelessJoe's neighborhood and although I'm not a hockey fan, I had to take this pic!

HAHA! Now THAT is a great picture! I love it.  :ok:
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

T200

Quote from: ozzie on July 29, 2020, 08:44:43 AM
HAHA! Now THAT is a great picture! I love it.  :ok:
I've had this tag on 6 different vehicles.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

ozzie

Here are a couple for today from perspectives which I find interesting....

Covered bridge in Switzerland..

Austria

These next few are all among the ruins of Heidleburg Castle in Germany

"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."

John Mara

LennG

Great pix Lou. I particularly like the last one. I try and do similar things, take pix of things thru another window et al.

Keep them coming.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Let's see what we can try today

For today, I need opinions.

I was trying different effects on certain photos. So many years ago, when film ruled the photo world, I used to shoot some pix in black and white, but really haven't done that in quite a while. so I took several pix I had taken in both color and then black and white and was wondering what you all thought. I tried for some things where it MIGHT look better in black and white. I have two images of an old farm house and the other two are of winter scenes where it is already almost a black and white shot, but not really.

Tell me what you thing of the differences and which you like better

This was the house originally

and 2 angles of it in black and white

Any opinions on them

Then We were driving after a snow and saw some great images, so I took them in color and then in black and white

then this

All comments appreciated.

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Len,

I like the b&w shots of the shack better than the color. The b&w give it a rustic, nostalgic feel.

The winter scene, IMO, is better in its natural color. Let the natural white color come through to get the feel of the cold.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

ozzie

Nice shots, Lenn.
Funny, on the barn I think just the opposite. I like the color shot more. I think the green grass and the foliage creeping up the building are a great contrast to the rust on the roof. I think it's more striking than the b&w.
The winter scene I also go with the color. As T200 said, the natural colors with that blue undertone not only looks cool (no pun intended) but looks cold too.
Obviously, there really is no wrong answer here, but that's the way my eye sees them.
As usual, great pix.

John Mara

drakew

OK, my turn, lemme see if I can do this:
Cleveland orc hid show:

"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

drakew

"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

LennG

Thanks guys. Those comments are really great for me. I kind of agree with the snow pix, there is a bit more detail with the color ones, but the old farm house, I think I could go either way. The B/W pix is a lot more 'artsy' and that's why I tried it, but the color one, the colors aren't really loud and it also gives a very rustic feel.

again thanks for the opinions

Charlie Weiss

Jim143

Quote from: LennG on July 29, 2020, 04:08:02 PM
Let's see what we can try today

For today, I need opinions.

I was trying different effects on certain photos. So many years ago, when film ruled the photo world, I used to shoot some pix in black and white, but really haven't done that in quite a while. so I took several pix I had taken in both color and then black and white and was wondering what you all thought. I tried for some things where it MIGHT look better in black and white. I have two images of an old farm house and the other two are of winter scenes where it is already almost a black and white shot, but not really.

Tell me what you thing of the differences and which you like better

This was the house originally

and 2 angles of it in black and white

Any opinions on them

Then We were driving after a snow and saw some great images, so I took them in color and then in black and white

then this

All comments appreciated.

I learned to develop black and white before I learned to develop color.  B&W will always be a favorite of mine.  Sadly, some of that is lost with the depth of color and clarity that many digital cameras are capable of.

With that said, I am a big fan of the B&W versions over the color that you posted above
"I'm just a nobody looking to stand in GOD's shadow" and try to live up to what is right and moral, I'm not Left or Right or any position, I believe in in the power of the holy spirit and prayer. I am not an angel, however I try to be as true to the rules of GOD and his son."

Jim143

I am really bummed. . . I had some good photos from the last time I was up in Phily for training.  Some good shots down town and since my hotel was on the outskirts of Valley Forge, I had some really good ones from in there.  I'll keep looking, but not happy I can't find them
"I'm just a nobody looking to stand in GOD's shadow" and try to live up to what is right and moral, I'm not Left or Right or any position, I believe in in the power of the holy spirit and prayer. I am not an angel, however I try to be as true to the rules of GOD and his son."

Shoelessjoe

I took a picture of a bird and changed to standard view of the bird to look more like a watercolor.  The after file was to large to bring into the posting so I had to change the resolution.  I hope it didn't change the colors to much as that is what makes the picture.

Before

After

Shoelessjoe

OK.  It made it smaller but it didn't affect the color.  I see what the changes to the settings did to the output.

LennG

Just remarkable Frank.  =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Charlie Weiss