News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Photography

Started by LennG, July 22, 2020, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie

Great shots as always, Lenn! Love the designs in the sand. Just beautiful random patterns. Ain't nature great!?
I'm going to guess those are either buoys or boat bumpers lying on top of each other.  :-??
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

ozzie

OK, I've been driving around in a 2002 Toyota Tacoma for the past 18 years! Bought it new and certainly got our money's worth out of it. Still have it, but handed it down to my daughter.
Just figured it was time for something new and inspired by T200's Jeep pix on page 2, here's my new ride. Nothing artisic, just phone pix, but here's my 2020 Subaru Forester Sport.

"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."

John Mara

LennG

Lou

Boy we could be brothers, or, at least cousins.

I am also riding a Subaru Forrester, 2016 though, basically the same exact color. We bought it used with 10,000 miles and have about 55,000 now and we just love this car.

Last time we were out West, I rented a car, which was suppose to be a Ford Escape, but they gave me a Forrester instead. We drove it for just under 3 weeks, put almost 9,000 miles on it during that time (yes, we did a lot of driving) and I fell in love with this car. We currently had a PT Cruiser. My wife had just retired and we knew we woul;d be doing a lot of traveling and the Forrester would work our great. As soon as we got home, we went out looking and found our current car.
I'm sure mine is dated compared to what you now have, but I hope to have my little Forrester for years to come.
Funny but I  don't have a good pix of it as I try to get it out of the frame when I'm taking pix. In fact Tim had a great shot of my rear, along with his, when we met up, early this year.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

I guess it's true then.....Great minds really do think alike, Brother Lenn!!
If you think your forester may be dated compared to mine, think about what driving the Tacoma was like. That Tacoma I just handed down has a cassette deck in it!!
At this point I am a bit overwhelmed by all the technology and upgrades, but what did I expect....18 years is a lifetime in the tech world.
It's funny, you were given given that rental Forester and fell in love with it after driving it. I didn't even have Subaru on my radar, but test drove one and like you, fell in love. Roomy, great sight lines and very versatile. Continued success with yours. I hope mine turns out to be as great and reliable as the Toyota was.

John Mara

philo43

Funny story (still not to this day for my wife) about Subaru's.  In 1989 I had, I think, a GL wagon, 4 WD.  On July 4th (in Ft Jackson, SC), we had a get together, had many beers, played a lot of volley ball  and when it started to get dark, the guys decided to go 4 wheeling on the back end of the fort.  We took all the kids with us.  Had a Jeep, a Blazer with monster tires and me. Got way out and the Jeep got stuck in the mud, the GMC went around it and hit a deeper mud hole, They waved me on, I made it 7 feet from the edge - we couldn't push it out at that point. One of my buddy's and I walked over 10 miles out of the woods to get a tow truck.  Once he got me out, I was able to tow the other 2 out.  It cost me over $150 for the one tow. 

Should I mention my wife was 9 months pregnant at the time - gave birth on the 11th - needless to say - 30 years later, I still get sh!t about it, but the kids loved it, heard great reviews for over 20 years.  Took me 2 weeks to completely get the car cleaned out from the mud I had left in it

LennG

I think it was Ozzie who put up a few great pix of a covered bridge he visited. We LOVE covered bridges and when ever we travel thru New England, or anywhere for that matter, if there are covered bridges there, we will find them. Vermont is known for them, but they make you find them on your own. In New Hampshire, they have them numbered and will put up even a small sign to let you know there is one in the area.  I have photographed the same covered bridge thru different seasons, sometimes getting good shots and other times, not so good shots, but all still make for good pix.

This one was a bit different. It was in Virginia and one of the few covered bridges that isn't level

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Just great as always, Lenn. I especially like the first shot with the petunias in the foreground.
That one in Virginia is neat. I've never seen one constructed like that and not level.

John Mara

LennG

Today's pix are of us, myself and my darling wife, as we enjoy many of the places we go to. As I said in a previuous post, we always try and find some spot and just take in the beauty of where we are,  just stop and 'smell the roses' as they say. We do this all the time, so I hope you don't mind us getting into our own pixs.
(That's what tripods are for)

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire, Fall, and this is 'OUR' place. It is a little turnoff that is hard to find so we enjoy a lot of privacy there, with just a spectacular view

We found a spot along a stream where we just wanted to eat some lunch and chill out for a while (do theys till say -'chill out'?)

In Vermont, we found a nice porch with great rocking chairs to just enjoy some ice cream and watch the world go by

Stopped by a lake while we were touring Tennessee

Since we do cruise a lot, this wasn't a relaxation thing, but we tried one of those segways on a tropical beach

And our love, sitting on the deck of a cruise ship, with nothing to do but just watch the ocean

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Sit back, relax & enjoy your surroundings.
It doesn't get much better than that.

John Mara

T200

Len, I'm surprised you didn't have a GIANTS helmet with you on that Segway!  =)) =)) =))
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Quote from: T200 on September 07, 2020, 04:49:15 PM
Len, I'm surprised you didn't have a GIANTS helmet with you on that Segway!  =)) =)) =))
Tim

I beleive I had my NY cap with me then, but they made me trade it in for that helmet.  Next time, I'll bring some stickers for the sides.    :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I have posted a couple of pix (I think) of butterflies. Another of my favorite subjects. The problem is them don't sit still long enough for some good shots. Now I am relentless and when I see a field of wildflowers expecially during the summer months, and there are butterflies all over the place, watch me go at them. Most of the time I am just using my regular lens on the camera and I try and 'sneak' up on them while they are landing somewhere. Most times, they fly away before I can get too close, but again, being relentless, I persist and eventually, come away with some great pix. I have, on occassion, used my telephoto lens, usually my 200Mm as the larger one is heavy and images tend to blur.
So here are several shots of those lovely butterflies and my persistence paid off. I have literanlly 'tons' of pixs like these. I just snap away like there is no tomorrow.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

These are just stunning Lenn!
Every one of them is great, but I love the fourth one from the top (the orange / yellow one on the pink flower). If you look closely at the butterfly's head it look like a little "smiley face" glancing back at you!  :greetings:

John Mara

LennG

LOu

Just for you, going thru some of my 'older' pix I finally found a couple of shots of my Forrester. Not that it makes a big difference, but I just wanted you to know who your car's Daddy, is.    =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

A bit dirtier, but it loves the snow.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Well Lenn, we're brothers, so makes sense that our cars should be related too!
Lookin' good, I love it!

John Mara