News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Photography

Started by LennG, July 22, 2020, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Today's group are just some random shots of pix I've collected over time

A sunset off Cape Cod

In Curaco, the area is known for it's abundence of pastel-colored buildings

On a hilltop, overlooking the harbor, somewhere in the Caribbean

An empty park bench in the snow, again in Cape Cod

Another shot from one of our favorite places, the Bridge of Flowers in Shelburne Mass

Atop a mountain in the Great Smokey Mountian National Park. We were there a week too early to get the real fall foliage as trees where just starting to change, but the views were magnificent

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Here are a few flower / foliage shots, with a couple of "puzzle box" shots included....

This one didn't come out as clear as I'd wished, but I included it anyway..

Look closely and you can see a tiny ant making his way across the bloom

And now the puzzle boxes...

Looking down on a foxtail fern

"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

Great pix Lou. I LOVED the Foxtail fern as that is exavtly what I would look for when looking at it. 
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Thanks Lenn, that pic reminds me of being above the trees and looking down on the forest canopy.
Meanwhile, it's only about two feet off the ground! 😊
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."

John Mara

ozzie

Here's some close up work of a hornet/wasp that was on our wildflowers last evening...

John Mara

LennG

Just great shots Lou. You are braver than me, I don't know if I would have tried to get that close to a wasp/hornet. I'm still a buttefly type guy.    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Since the Jewish Holidays are this weekend and I doubt if I'll be on line, I wanted to put up a few pixs for my usual weekend psots.

T hese are just some assorted pix from some of our travels

Newport RI. If you want to get the best view of the Newport Bay Bridge, it is from Goat Island. A couple of empty chairs in the winter with a great view

On a beach somewhere. I saw a pix like this at a studio and have tried to duplicate it whenever I go to a beach with some dunes.  I ahve several really nice ones

We did a sundet cruise to the Staue of Liberty. I thought this shot came out nice. just not as sharp as I would like (didn't ahve my trusty tripod)

A small waterfall in Hew Hampshire, jsut as the elaves were starting to turn. I slowed the shutter speed to blur the water.

I am a huge Civil War buff and if I can visit a battlefield, I always try and do that. This one is from Antietam Battlefield in Maryland

I always try and look for the unusual and I saw this old truck that was converted into a flower garden, I knew I ahd to take a pix of it

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Beautiful shots, Lenn. Each one better than the last! LOVE the Statue of Liberty shot, the golden glow of the statue against the pink sky, just brilliant.
Enjoy your Holidays.

John Mara

LennG

Fall has finally arrived and I have been waiting for it, to put up some of my pixs of Fall. Autumn is my overwhelmingly favorite season. We love that cool chill in the air on Autumn nights, lighting the fireplace and just the sounds, smells and colors of Autumn, well we love it.
We try and get somehwere where we can enjoy the Fall colors. Some years we are a bit too early and some years a bit too late, but when we hit is exact, it is truly a spectacular thing to view.

A couple of years ago, we did one of our treks to New Hampshire and happen to hit the colors perfectly. One of our stops was by a lake that was perfectly still and the reflection of colors in that lake made for picture postcard pix. It wouldn't matter what kind of cameras you had, just point and shoot and you were assured of a apectacular shot.

When we travel we always try to drive back roads, going thru small towns and enjoyi9ng that slower pave of life. In the Fall, some of those back roads are truly magnicicent

Just some other shots as we just enjoy this magical time of eyar

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Those are just wonderful, Lenn. Autumn is my favorite time of year too, but living in Dallas we really don't get that much of a colorful fall season. We have some color but mostly things seem to go from green to brown in the blink of an eye. I do appreciate what short autumn we do get though.

John Mara

T200

Those are some great fall shots, Len! My wife and I love the fall colors as well. Keep 'em coming!  :ok:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

philo43

Quote from: ozzie on September 22, 2020, 05:32:44 PM
Those are just wonderful, Lenn. Autumn is my favorite time of year too, but living in Dallas we really don't get that much of a colorful fall season. We have some color but mostly things seem to go from green to brown in the blink of an eye. I do appreciate what short autumn we do get though.

I hear you.  I met my wife in the military, she is from Garland.  When I was discharged in 1996. we ended up in Garland.  The three years we were there I had to mow on Thanksgiving twice as the last one and the first week of December for the last one the other year. No Fall not much spring - basically summer for 7 months.

LennG

A few more pixs of Autumn. If you do hit the fall colors just right, there are no bad pix, just point and shoot. One of our favorite roads in New Hampshire is the Kancamagus Highway that cuts right thru the White Mountains. It has been rated as one of the top roads in the country for Fall colors. Also, Rt 100 in Vermont, which is a sort of 2 lane road that goes thru the entire state. Also, always rated in the top 10 roads to travel in the country.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

I love those shots with the water reflecting all those beautiful colors back up into a mirror image.
Especially the 5th one down from the top with that striking red tree in the middle and the foliage in the foreground.
You've captured nature at it's best once again Lenn. :ok:

John Mara

LennG

Let's take a break from Autumn.

I have a few pix, what I call 'odds and ends', of things I found amusing in our travels. Just a sort of humorous look, or just for fun

Psssing a cemetery somewhere, a sign for 'free parking'

We were driving up some mountain and saw this sign

My wife saw this sign and though who better to pose in from of it

Another cemetery where they get mail delivered 

When we were out west, we went to Fort Apache, which is a real town so we had to take a pix, especially for my friend Jim

And my final shot and I put it here as I feel it is very unusual. We were in Victoria, Brithish Columbia, on a stop off a cruise. My wife LOVES Ghost tours, and we do them whenever and wherever we are. So we did this Ghost tour in Victoria. The story here was a young boy fell down this well and his spirit has been known to rise up from the well at times, calling for help. The tour guide says that people have captured this image in photo's. Well, you know me, I had to take several pixs of everything and in one of my pix, I got a strange 'glow' in the pix. I showed it to the guide and he said it was a reflection, but I wasn't using a flash and I know how to stand so I do not get reflections. So you be the judge

Charlie Weiss