News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Photography

Started by LennG, July 22, 2020, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie

Photo #2 is just wonderful, Lenn. The way the boat is framed between those beautiful flowers is just perfect!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

Thanks, Lou. I'm glad you liked it.

It was taken off a small bridge in Kennebunkport, Maine a couple of years ago.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

So, I've made decent enough progress with my pix from New Hampshire. As I said, we had basically terrible weather most of the days, many spent running around in the rain, and that does affect how many pix come out. Never-the-less, we preserved, so let me post some of what I feel are good enough. Our resort was in a perfect location. A good deal of the color to the north of where we were, was past peak,  around where we were is was OK, but once we traveled East and south, the color, was, well, just amazing. You could literally point your camera at a view and you have great pix. I did my best to try and capture the feel of Fall in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.

This was from our balcony, of our unit in the resort

The day we got there, it was raining, but in the higher elevations, it snowed about 4 inches. ( a couple of days later it was 60, so it all melted)

Just riding around, enjoying this just amazing display

When it wasn't raining, most things were wet though. We did try and do a few 'easy' hikes which get you off the road and into some amazing views.

We very rarely take any major roads and just try and find some back roads and just drive. We ALWAYS find places, sort of 'off the beaten path' to stop and just admire what beauty nature really is

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Beautiful as always Lenn. That first picture is absolutely stunning!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."

John Mara

LennG

Thanks, Lou.

It's funny, where we are on Long Island, the trees didn't start to change until maybe Nov 1, but, it seemed, as it was gone in less than a week. We have sort of a lake/reservoir near where we live and I try and go there to take some pix of the color, hopefully reflecting in the water. I looked one day it is was changing and when I looked a few days later, it was almost gone. We did have a major Nor'Easter during that time and I'm sure it affected the change, but time-wise it was just way too brief.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

So let's try a few more. As you know, I am a nut for covered bridges. When we go to New Hampshire, we seem to take pix of the same covered bridges all the time, but the different seasons make for some different views.

So here are several of New Hampshire's covered bridges with Autumn colors around.  I wait all year to be able to capture some of these bridges with full color all around. This year was one of the best.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Let's try a few more pix other than just scenery

Charlie Weiss

Moose135

I haven't spent much time in the Front Porch, so I hadn't seen this thread before. There's some great work here, well done! Let me share a sampling of my work, and I'll be sure to be back with more.

My first love is aviation - I grew up around airplanes, and was a KC-135 pilot in a prior lifetime, so airplanes are one of my favorite subjects to shoot.

I like to shoot race cars too...

And I love shooting at night, especially the night sky.

The Moose is Loose!

T200

Great pics, Moose!

Love the action shots - so much clarity. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more awesome shots  :ok:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

ozzie

Fantastic shots, Moose. Welcome to the thread. I'm looking forward to more of your pix.

John Mara

LennG

Wonderful pix Moose and welcome to this thread.

Your pix of the night sky over the Grand Canyon is fantastic. How did you achieve that effect?

Charlie Weiss

Moose135

Quote from: LennG on December 01, 2020, 03:23:57 PM
Wonderful pix Moose and welcome to this thread.

Your pix of the night sky over the Grand Canyon is fantastic. How did you achieve that effect?

Thank you! That was a "star trails" shot. The camera is set up on a tripod, pointed towards the North Star - that's the one fixed star in the upper left. I use an intervalometer to take a series of shots - this about 90 shots, 60 second exposure each, shot one after another. I have a free program that lets me stack and merge them in Photoshop.
The Moose is Loose!

LennG

Let's try a few more pix of Fall in New Hampshire

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

WOW! What color!

John Mara

LennG

Quote from: ozzie on December 05, 2020, 06:45:34 PM
WOW! What color!

As I said before, where we were staying, more on the north side of the mountains, most peak color was gone, but as we headed to the southern side and a bit further south, it was truly amazing. You could just point your camera anywhere and have a great shot. My only regret was hardly any sun, just a good deal of rain.

Many of these shots were on, or right off, THE KANCAMAGUS HIGHWAY. always voted one of the top 10 roads, in the fall, in the entire country.

Charlie Weiss