News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Photography

Started by LennG, July 22, 2020, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie

And from winter we turn to Spring. It's a beautiful day here and I just took these in our back yard

"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

Great shots Lou. How do you get so lucky to get all these birds in your backyard? I think I get a crow if I'm lucky.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

philo43

Quote from: LennG on March 27, 2021, 02:02:36 PM
Great shots Lou. How do you get so lucky to get all these birds in your backyard? I think I get a crow if I'm lucky.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The difference Lenn, is he lives on the ninth fairway (just assuming - I know the community he lives in - very few are on the golf course) of Fire Wheel golf course, where it is already 60+ every day and you live in Brooklyn. Where are birds going to go in Brooklyn?

As a side note, I watched an eagle kill a rabbit in my back yard Thursday morning. Got a picture on my cellphone, but it is not even close to being worthy of posting on this thread.

LennG

Quote from: philo43 on March 28, 2021, 11:29:20 AM
The difference Lenn, is he lives on the ninth fairway (just assuming - I know the community he lives in - very few are on the golf course) of Fire Wheel golf course, where it is already 60+ every day and you live in Brooklyn. Where are birds going to go in Brooklyn?

As a side note, I watched an eagle kill a rabbit in my back yard Thursday morning. Got a picture on my cellphone, but it is not even close to being worthy of posting on this thread.
We are all not professionals here. Sure some pix MAY be better than others, but, I know, I would want to see anyone's pix, so go ahead and post it.

I look at so many other people's pix just to get ideas as to what others think is a good pix. Some are good and others not so good but it is the idea more than the actual pix.

If YOU like it, that's good enough for us.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

So looking at Lou's great pix of the coming of spring, I went into my 'spring' folder, and let's see what I can come up with.

I literally have so many pix of flowers, butterflies, bees etc. I LOVE to take pix of flowers, especially close-ups. I have mentioned several times, if anyone loves flowers, go to Shelbourne Falls, MASS, where they have this old trolley bridge that has been converted into a flower garden. It is called the Bridge of Flowers, maybe about a city block long and just filled with some of the most remarkable flowers one can imagine. And you can go any time of the year (well winter is not advised) and see different flowers, each in their own blooming period.

If I have posted any to these before, my apologies, I'm too lazy to go back and see.

Enjoy

Charlie Weiss

philo43

Quote from: LennG on March 28, 2021, 11:39:28 AM
We are all not professionals here. Sure some pix MAY be better than others, but, I know, I would want to see anyone's pix, so go ahead and post it.

I look at so many other people's pix just to get ideas as to what others think is a good pix. Some are good and others not so good but it is the idea more than the actual pix.

Ok here is a stab at it, as I said cell phone pics and I have an old cell phone

just after the kill

after it tried to fly away with it

BTW the "art work" in the background is a result of my grandchildren.

LennG

That's fine, I enjoyed them very much. You are lucky to be able to view things like this from your home or yard.

BTW, Nice horseshoe pit.   :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

I agree with Lenn, nothing wrong with those pictures. Any time you can catch nature doing natural things, I'm all for it! Thanks for sharing.
And just to clarify....I wish I could afford a place overlooking the golf course, haha! We do live near it though, but just in your average subdivision.  :happy:
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."

John Mara

philo43

Quote from: ozzie on March 28, 2021, 07:50:39 PM
And just to clarify....I wish I could afford a place overlooking the golf course, haha! We do live near it though, but just in your average subdivision.  :happy:

I know, there are only a few houses on the golf course.  As I told you earlier, I delivered the Dallas Morning News in your subdivision when it was being built.  How much the area has changed since I first went there in 1988.  No George Bush highway - 78 from Garland to Wylie had I think at the most 2 stop lights on it. One or 2 grocery stores in Sachse only one small one in Wylie, used to have to drive through Murphy to Plano to buy beer.

I mess with people I have respect for.

T200

Quote from: LennG on March 28, 2021, 11:39:28 AM

I actually thought about this thread yesterday AFTER I missed two great opportunities to capture nature.

We are in the final stages of our new home build. We stalk it every day looking for subtle changes and admiring it. It's funny you guys mentioned living on a golf course... our new neighborhood is right next to one. So, between the sand traps, water hazards and other natural areas for wildlife, we came across a few creatures we haven't seen up close and personal before.

First, as we were leaving the development, it was a little drizzly outside and I see a shiny bump in the road. Couldn't tell if it was the way the light may have been hitting a puddle of water or something. As we get closer, it's a turtle, about a foot long, taking his sweet time (as turtles are wont to do) to get across the road. It appeared he got tired a third of the way across and decided to take a break. I pulled over to the side and got out to pick him up but when he sensed me behind him, he started moving again. I decided to let him go on his own while I ushered him and also making sure other vehicles avoided him. He made it safely but I missed the opportunity to take some potentially great shots.

Come nightfall, we went back out to stalk our new house again, this time under the cover of night. In the very same location we saw the turtle earlier, we saw a majestic owl in the road. Probably stood about a foot tall. After a few seconds of flashing my high beams at it, it flapped its wings and took a couple of hops, revealing the frog it was picking up for dinner!

Hopefully I'll be quicker to grab the camera and snap some pics.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

ozzie

It sounds like you're going to have some great opportunities in you new digs. I'll be looking forward to whatever you can offer. I bet it will be great!
Congrats on the new home!

John Mara

T200

Here are a couple of shots of the house.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

T200

Quote from: ozzie on April 01, 2021, 06:04:08 PM
It sounds like you're going to have some great opportunities in you new digs. I'll be looking forward to whatever you can offer. I bet it will be great!
Congrats on the new home!
Thanks Lou! We should be in hopefully sometime in the next two weeks.  :ok:

ozzie

Lookin' Good! What a beautiful home!!

John Mara

LennG

Continuing with my springtime flowers, about two years ago, we were treated with two tickets to a wonderful orchid and flower show. Some truly amazing displays of orchids, flowers, and cactus that I really never realized even existed.

A few such displays

Charlie Weiss