News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Photography

Started by LennG, July 22, 2020, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoelessjoe

Ozzie, I simply love Macro Photography.  It's just another world.  You get things that you don't normally see.  By the way I love the one with the Bee (second Picture) and all of the pollen all over his back.  Also the fourth one down.  How transparent and how big the wings look until you realize that it can fit in the palm of your hand.  Great shots.

ozzie

Thanks.
As far as Macro goes, I just kind of take pix of whatever is available and lucky enough the camera can get the shots. These tiny critters just happened to be in the yard and I was lucky enough to grab a few shots.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

Great, great shots guys.  (Wish I had your backyard Lou. All I have in mine are mosquito's and I really don't want to get  close to them and say Smile)

I have had my grandkids for the past week or so, so unless you want hundreds of pix of them, I'll try and get back to normal pix hopefully by next week.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

There's nothing wrong with family pix, Lenn!
If you're comfortable posting them I certainly wouldn't mind seeing them.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."

John Mara

LennG

Just some odds and ends

Looking down at a plant

Shoot of a cactus

Bark of a palm tree

Wild Mushroom

Shells on a beach

Another Cactus

Butterfly

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

It's been a while since I posted something so let's try for some 'cooling' pix, like from the middle of winter, with snow all around

A couple from Glacier National Park, in Alaska

Mt Washington Hotel in New Hampshire

Sunset over a frozen lake

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Awesome shots, Lenn. That second shot from Glacier Natl. Park is just stunning!

Here are a couple more from the yard that I took this week...

This little ruby throated braved the rain and was rewarded with some nectar

John Mara

LennG

I should pay a visit to your back yard. A photographer's dream.

:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I haven't put up any sunsets in a while, so let's try some of these. If any are repeats, sorry, I just don't want to go back and look. I think they are ll new ones though.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

You can never go wrong with a nice sunset. A really like the fifth one down, with the lighthouse (or whatever structure that is) in the foreground.

John Mara

LennG

Quote from: ozzie on August 22, 2021, 10:23:04 AM
You can never go wrong with a nice sunset. A really like the fifth one down, with the lighthouse (or whatever structure that is) in the foreground.

Lou

That is a real lighthouse, the Castle Hill Lighthouse in Newport RI. It is hard to find as it really sits on the property of a grand resort overlooking Newport Bay and it is hard to get a good pix of it as you can only really see it from behind, but at sunset, you get some truly amazing shots from there. (It looks better in dim light as it could use a good paint job), but it is one of the most famous lighthouses in Newport.

Just a story, how we even found this. At the place we were staying they had this great pix on the wall, of a sunset with the lighthouse in the foreground. I asked where this was and was told how to get there and we found it, came back at sunset, and got some pix that matched or equaled the one I saw on the wall of the resort.

A few more pix of it

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Thanks for the info, Lenn. I will be in R.I. this coming week in the Providence area. Not sure what kind of pix I'll be able to get as we'll be there accompanying our daughter to school, but I'll have my camera with me see if I can't find some interesting subjects.

John Mara

LennG

Lou

I have never been to the Providence area. WE simply love Newport and go there all the time for many years. Just a marvelous city, with some terrific seafood. We also do the south shore a lot (if there is anything left after Henri), from Watch Hill all the way to Port Judith. There are two lighthouses, one at Watch Hill and the other at Pt. Judith, each used to be accessible, but now are part of the Coast Guard stations and now fenced off. I heard recently that both were up for sale.

Hope to see some good pix from your trip.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Some odds and ends for today

From a store window in New Orleans

Part of a Totem Pole in Ketchikan Alaska

Looking out at Mt Hood in Oregon

IN the desert outside of Las Vegas towards sunset

In the harbor in Gloucester, Mass

A lone sailboat in a harbor as the fog was rolling in, in Boothbay Harbor Maine

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

That Mt. Hood shot -  :ok: :ok: :ok:

I didn't have as much opportunity to tour and wander around Providence as I would have liked as we were there to see our daughter off to school, but I did manage a few pictures worth sharing.
Due to my daughter preferring not to fly, we took AmTrak. This was my first time "riding the rails" and I will say that if you have the time, it is not a bad way to travel. Space is limited, but I found it kind of relaxing. Anyway, our first stop was at Union Station in Chicago. Here are a couple of shots from inside. The architecture in this terminal is beautiful

John Mara