News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Photography

Started by LennG, July 22, 2020, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Lou

Sorry, but I forgot where you are living now.

Do you have the opportunity to experience Fall in all its colors?

This is just my absolute favorite time of year, football, holidays, 2 of my children's birthdays, and that coolness in the air that we love. Add to that these amazing colors and, as they say, what's not to like.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

We get some color. I think it depends on weather conditions throughout the year. When we do get some nice color though, it is a very short window. Things  seem to go from green to brown very quickly!
This is my favorite time of year too. For all the reasons you mentioned. Except we only have one daughter's birthday this time of year, but we do celebrate our wedding anniversary in October!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Moose135

Weekend before last we took a ride up on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was just about peak colors in the area.

This is the Linn Cove Viaduct, a quarter-mile section of the BRP wrapped around Grandfather Mountain. It is built on seven piers to avoid damage to the mountain.

The Moose is Loose!

LennG

Wonderful shots Moose. Missed your skill over here for a while. Hope to see more.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Yes. Ditto what Lenn said.
Beautiful dog too.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."

John Mara

Moose135

The Moose is Loose!

LennG

I am sorry but I still haven't gotten to edit my pix from our last trip a week or so again. We are off to Cape Cod on Sunday for another week, so I have some real work to do when I get home.
But, not to fear, I have pixs from last year that I never put up (or, at least I think I didn't).

Fall in New England, in all its glory.

As you saw last time, I simply LOVE leaves. On the ground, falling from trees and still on the trees. The colors are so intense that I can just move around, find different angles and just keep snapping away.

Hope you enjoy these shots

I happen to like this shot a lot. It was on a dreary day, with the mist and fog never leaving, but I felt it made an interesting shot

One of our favorite stops whenever we go to New Hampshire, is this General Store right over the Jackson Covered Bridge.

And, those that have been following this thread, know there hasn't been a covered bridge made that I didn't love to photograph. I always look for new ways to capture these amazing things, outside, inside, underneath, close up, from a distance, etc. One trick I learned way back when it to try a frame the entrance and capture a shot looking out from the bridge.
Here is another one of my favs that capture exactly what I was looking for. Just another rainy day but it gives the pix some charm

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Absolutely LOVE your "Dreary Day" shot, the General Store and looking out from the bridge.
Enjoy your trip, Lenn. Keep snapping!  ;)

John Mara

LennG

Quote from: ozzie on November 06, 2021, 08:26:46 PM
Absolutely LOVE your "Dreary Day" shot, the General Store and looking out from the bridge.
Enjoy your trip, Lenn. Keep snapping!  ;)

Lou

I'm always looking for that sunny, blue sky shot, but when the sun don't shine and the sky is grey, the colors are much more subdued and sometimes it has a special quality all its own.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Mother Nature is beautiful, whatever her mood might be. We all love nice, sunny days, but different weather conditions bring about all kinds of different opportunities we may not have even thought about. And then we get to discover something new that we can enjoy for IT'S beauty.  :happy:

John Mara

Moose135

We learned of a pair of bald eagles nesting in a park near Charlotte. We took a ride there this morning, and found them working on their nest.

The Moose is Loose!

ozzie

Oh Moose, those are just incredible shots!

John Mara

Moose135

Thank you! We hope to get back out there again, it's only about 20 minutes from my place.
The Moose is Loose!

Moose135

We had a nice pass of the International Space Station over Charlotte tonight, with great weather to see it.

Also, with tonight's Moon, Jupiter, Saturn, and Venus (upper left to lower right)

The Moose is Loose!

ozzie

Wow! What clear skies and great pix!

John Mara