News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants first depth chart

Started by MightyGiants, August 08, 2023, 09:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Surprising. It has Ezuedu listed as backup RG, not even one of the backups for LG  :-??
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on August 08, 2023, 09:25:12 AMSurprising. It has Ezuedu listed as backup RG, not even one of the backups for LG  :-??

That was a bit surprising
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

killarich

Fine with it all except Holmes

As for Ezedu I think this may be good news . In part to maybe Bredeson solidifying his position as the starting LG ..... now Glowinski is in a battle

MightyGiants

Quote from: killarich on August 08, 2023, 09:27:39 AMFine with it all except Holmes

Slot CB seems to be a bit troubling.  I heard reports that Flott was pulled from the slot last season because he was a bit overwhelmed.  I fear year two isn't much better
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

killarich

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 08, 2023, 09:28:57 AMSlot CB seems to be a bit troubling.  I heard reports that Flott was pulled from the slot last season because he was a bit overwhelmed.  I fear year two isn't much better

Did Hawkins play any slot in College ?

MightyGiants

Quote from: killarich on August 08, 2023, 09:30:16 AMDid Hawkins play any slot in College ?

A few

QuoteHawkins is a versatile player (much like Julian Love, though without the college production Love had) who can give a team snaps at safety. Per Pro Football Focus, his two-year ODU career snap distribution was 23 on the defensive line, 112 in the box, 18 at free safety, 63 in the slot, and 1,548 at outside cornerback.

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/draft/giants-double-dip-into-cornerback-pool-select-odus-tre-hawkins-iii-in-sixth-round#:~:text=Hawkins%20is%20a%20versatile%20player,and%201%2C548%20at%20outside%20cornerback.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Rich, where did you get this? It's not on the Giant's Website.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

killarich

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 08, 2023, 09:50:52 AMRich, where did you get this? It's not on the Giant's Website.

Giants posted it on social media with a link to the website

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 08, 2023, 09:50:52 AMRich, where did you get this? It's not on the Giant's Website.

It's in their "news" section not in their "depth chart" section.  I took the image from Pat Leonard's Instagram (nicer to look at)

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

For reference, here was the Giants' first unofficial depth chart from last season.  This team has come a long way in just one season

https://www.giants.com/news/giants-depth-chart-2022-nfl-season-kayvon-thibodeaux-daniel-jones-evan-neal
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Beavers is the starting WILL.  Surprised given injury and just recovering.  Surprised McFadden is not starter at least early in camp now.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: killarich on August 08, 2023, 09:27:39 AMFine with it all except Holmes

As for Ezedu I think this may be good news . In part to maybe Bredeson solidifying his position as the starting LG ..... now Glowinski is in a battle

I agree with this take. Don't see this as a bad thing.

Ed Vette

What we saw on the last days of camp are different from this chart for some positions.
McFadden over Beavers
Bredeson over JMS
Ezeudu never manned RG
Hyatt should be backing up Slayton or Campbell, not Hodgins. They are two very different Receivers.
Ezeudu should be the backup LG or the Starter.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 08, 2023, 10:33:45 AMI agree with this take. Don't see this as a bad thing.

Reading the tea leaves here, it sounds to me like Daboll's long term thinking for the O-Line is:

LT Andrew Thomas - LG Ben Bredeson - C John Michael Schmitz - RG Joshua Ezuedu - RT Evan Neal

Battle begins for backup swing tackle, guards, and center
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh: