News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Reports from Giants/Lions joint practice (updated on page 3)

Started by MightyGiants, August 08, 2023, 10:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

It's just one day, but I don't love hearing this about our 1s on offense. These joint practices have a lot of competitive juices flowing. Both sides seem to take them pretty seriously. We have struggled in these joint practices in past years when our offense ended up stinking. Hopefully they play better tomorrow.

Rambo89

I'm not going to read into these performances one way or another as they are just designed to help players work off the rust and prepare them for the season.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

Good thing there was no photography at Quest. I would hate to see the results if they knew the formations.  /sarcasm/

Maybe it's time to stop dicking around with the Oline and make a decision. A bit concerned when Jones has real pressure on him and he reverts back to Danny Duh from Danny Dimes and the Receivers hear footsteps.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

JT39

It seemed like Peary struggled the most on the starting unit. Need Neal back ASAP.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on August 08, 2023, 12:48:56 PMI'm not going to read into these performances one way or another as they are just designed to help players work off the rust and prepare them for the season.

Totally fair, but I think when it's noticeable and it's over a multi-practice sample it can start to mean something. The Pats' offense last offseason was a good example of this. Neal struggling last year in camp/preseason was also indicative.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dgoodmantrublu

I think something that should not be dismissed in that Detroit has 3-4 extra practices because they reported early. They start on Thursday, where we start on Sunday. Doesn't really matter once the season starts, but this time of year that could be having some impact.

I'm not taking anything that happened today as too predictive. And I'm not saying that after the fact. I said this yesterday too.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on August 08, 2023, 02:40:11 PMI think something that should not be dismissed in that Detroit has 3-4 extra practices because they reported early.
Dgood: I wondered if anyone would mention that. IMO it's significant. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Trench

Quote from: Bob In PA on August 08, 2023, 02:54:41 PMDgood: I wondered if anyone would mention that. IMO it's significant. Bob

Also Jones has looked great against man to man. Does Detroit play zone?...if so I wonder if he locked on to his WR

Jclayton92

This staff runs initial camp like a BFF club whereas Tommy tuff nuts in Detroit runs a very aggressive camp. Give them a day to acclimate to how agressivr the lions are going.

Im seriously getting frustrated with the lack of stability in the interior, secondary, and for goodness sakes start Hyatt, he's clearly uncoverable and isn't a secret anymore so just start him.

GMenRF

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 08, 2023, 04:21:48 PMThis staff runs initial camp like a BFF club whereas Tommy tuff nuts in Detroit runs a very aggressive camp. Give them a day to acclimate to how agressivr the lions are going.

Im seriously getting frustrated with the lack of stability in the interior, secondary, and for goodness sakes start Hyatt, he's clearly uncoverable and isn't a secret anymore so just start him.
That's what the Bobby and Justin pointed out in their recap of today's practices.

They also pointed out that out of all the WRs, Hyatt has been outstanding in getting separation.

Jclayton92

Quote from: GMenRF on August 08, 2023, 04:35:45 PMThat's what the Bobby and Justin pointed out in their recap of today's practices.

They also pointed out that out of all the WRs, Hyatt has been outstanding in getting separation.
I think they want everyone to forget about Hyatt but he's on everyone's radar now and that's not going away now. So why not just start him, he's obviously the most dynamic playmaker already outside Waller.

Look at Wandales reps last season, we were trotting out Sills, Golladay, and other random guys while Robinson just really waited until week 7 or 8 to get playing time despite being used heavily In camp and I just hope we don't do that with Hyatt.