News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Reports from Giants/Lions joint practice (updated on page 3)

Started by MightyGiants, August 08, 2023, 10:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 08, 2023, 05:10:39 PMI think they want everyone to forget about Hyatt but he's on everyone's radar now and that's not going away now. So why not just start him, he's obviously the most dynamic playmaker already outside Waller.

Look at Wandales reps last season, we were trotting out Sills, Golladay, and other random guys while Robinson just really waited until week 7 or 8 to get playing time despite being used heavily In camp and I just hope we don't do that with Hyatt.
M

Hey!....easy on Sills!!!😂😂😂

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Trench on August 08, 2023, 05:33:56 PMM

I have to admire your persistence about 2 things.  Sills and the purported staring down of receivers by Jones.  :boldblue:  :goteam:
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jclayton92

Quote from: Trench on August 08, 2023, 05:33:56 PMM

I have no problem with Sills other than I wish Jones found another one of our wrs as his offseason training partner.

Painter

Have fun. But I think I'll wait until they stop practicing and start playing games which actually count as until then I have no interest in shade throwing or pompom waving.

Cheers!

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Red-zone work
The most notable portion of practice was the red-zone period to end the day. The Lions were on one sideline, while the Giants took the other. It pitted ones versus ones and twos versus twos for an intense final session, with the ball placed around the 15-yard line to kick off each series. Here's how it played out:

Lions' first-team defense vs. Giants' first-team offense

• Daniel Jones to Parris Campbell, pass broken up by Jerry Jacobs. Jacobs is called for pass interference on the play.
• Jones scrambles for a moderate gain.
• Toss left to RB Eric Gray. Great tackle by Anzalone to stop him short of the goal line.
• Jones keeps it off a read option, but is immediately tackled by Joseph for a stop. Defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn is fired up. Detroit's defense is, too, as its players run off the field to end the series. They did not allow a touchdown on the possession.

Lions' first-team offense vs. Giants' first-team defense

• Jared Goff to Amon-Ra St. Brown on a hitch route. Good for a gain of about 5 or 6.
• Goff play-action rollout. Takes off running for a short gain. Well-covered.
• Goff finds St. Brown on a crossing route to the left. Believe he snuck in for a touchdown. If not, he might've been down just short since they weren't tackling.
• David Montgomery rush for a short gain.
• Goff finds Jahmyr Gibbs. Touchdown, Lions.

Giants' second-team offense vs. Lions' second-team defense

• Tommy DeVito handoff to RB Jashaun Corbin. Tackled by Jack Campbell for a short gain.
• DeVito pass complete to WR Collin Johnson in back corner of the end zone over Starling Thomas V. Touchdown, Giants.
• DeVito sacked by John Cominsky.
• DeVito pass to TE Daniel Bellinger incomplete. Broken up by Thomas, who dove and extended his arm to deflect the ball. Good response after getting beat earlier. One of his better days.
• Corbin rush, tackled by James Houston for a loss. Immediate penetration and takedown of Corbin.
• DeVito QB keeper from inside the 5. Pretty much untouched. Touchdown, Giants.
• DeVito pass to WR David Sills V broken up by DB Tae Hayes. Whole defense was hyped for him. Solid series for the second-team unit.

Lions' second-team offense vs. Giants' second-team defense.

• Nate Sudfeld screen pass to Gibbs with blockers in front. Touchdown, Lions, but a penalty on the play. Holding, I believe.
• Low snap/exchange from Brad Cecil to Sudfeld. Play is ruled dead.
• Mohamed Ibrahim with a rush up the middle. LB Tomon Fox is there for the tackle.
• Jermar Jefferson with a rush to the right. Delivers a blow to CB Darren Evans, who was clowned and taunted by nearly the entire starting defense for the Lions standing on the sideline. Most notably, Gardner-Johnson and Joseph.
• Sudfeld is sacked by S Dane Belton.
• Sudfeld overthrows an open Chase Cota in the back of the end zone to end practice.

https://theathletic.com/4759506/2023/08/08/lions-standout-players-giants-joint-practice/?source=user_shared_article
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

4 Aces

Let's keep something in mind here:

*The Giants practiced yesterday, traveled to Detroit and practiced again at 10am, in a foreign facility.

*Dan Campbell runs the exact opposite style of program than Daboll. Campbell is balls to the wall every second of every day and runs a grinding camp. Daboll runs a country club. I'm not surprised Campbell's Lions got the jump on the Giants today - if they did.

Dgoodmantrublu

From the sounds of it, he just missed throws he usually makes.

Quote from: Trench on August 08, 2023, 04:12:10 PMAlso Jones has looked great against man to man. Does Detroit play zone?...if so I wonder if he locked on to his WR