News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

LB Anthony Barr to visit

Started by Leek21, August 08, 2023, 09:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Played better in 2220 than he did last year, would likely rather have someone else or give Dyontae Johnson some reps.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Is Barr any good? His PFF grades look meh.

True Blue

I'd rather the UDFAs and Cam Brown fight for the 4th spot. Rather let guys with more youth and long term potential compete and grow

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 09, 2023, 07:34:24 AMIs Barr any good? His PFF grades look meh.
Exactly would have much rather had Deion Jones who signed with the panthers a week ago for 1yr/1million

Dumpster Dan

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 09, 2023, 08:35:05 AMExactly would have much rather had Deion Jones who signed with the panthers a week ago for 1yr/1million

Jess

Deion Jones visited the Giants.  Any idea why they didnt sign him?

Dumpster Dan

Dgoodmantrublu

Adding a meh vet is fine. We basically have only 3 inside linebackers. Cam Brown and Coughlin are specials only guys and I have no faith in a UDFA.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on August 09, 2023, 09:56:23 AMAdding a meh vet is fine.

For me that's true as long as the price is reflective. Sometimes meh vets with recognizable names get overpaid for.

I have ample confidence in Schoen on this front though.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on August 09, 2023, 09:51:19 AMJess

Deion Jones visited the Giants.  Any idea why they didnt sign him?

Dumpster Dan
No clue, he was cheap and I believe would have been a great coverage Mike for us.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

As much as it terrified me seeing McFadden on the field last season I can acknowledge he's taken strides. I hope Beavers gets it as I think he's better all around but think McFadden is a guy you can have on run downs and be serviceable.

uconnjack8

Wonder if Barr is a guy that will be signed (not necessarily by the Giants) after week 1 for the vested vet cap savings.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 09, 2023, 02:38:00 PMAs much as it terrified me seeing McFadden on the field last season I can acknowledge he's taken strides. I hope Beavers gets it as I think he's better all around but think McFadden is a guy you can have on run downs and be serviceable.

For me the book was never closed on McFadden after 2022. I always viewed him as a developmental late day 2 or day three prospect and not a guy you start as a rookie. The Giants only did that because they were desperately thin at the position after the Beavers injury and the Martinez retirement.

McFadden was bad, obviously, but to me that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be bad a year or two from now. Or even this year.