News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Who will be the Giants Leading Pass Catcher?

Started by Ed Vette, August 10, 2023, 12:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yards and Receptions. Vote Both.

You may only select up to 2 options.

Ed Vette

Guests can vote. Vote one for Yards and one for Receptions.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

Unless Waller gets injured, I cant imagine him not having most receptions and yards.  He'll be a regular at his position versus many more WRs rotating inso spreading out catches among them all.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Philosophers on August 10, 2023, 01:04:38 PMUnless Waller gets injured, I cant imagine him not having most receptions and yards.  He'll be a regular at his position versus many more WRs rotating inso spreading out catches among them all.
Good point. Who is your player personnel in 11 and then in 12?

11-
Waller or Bellinger
Slayton
Campbell or Hodgins
Hyatt

Waller
Bellinger
Slayton
Hodgins, Campbell or Hyatt
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

brownelvis54

Ed I voted Hyatt Yards, seeing all those deep passes and reading what Hooker said about him, his speed...I could see a lot break away plays that net the yardage. And went Waller in Receptions. It just makes the most sense, when we need a 1st down or TD...the dude is tall and a freak in athleticism...I could see him becoming a favorite target for Jones
The KING is in the building

MightyGiants

I think Waller will be the leading receiver (yards and receptions)

I think Slayton will be the leading wide receiver in (yards and receptions)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Receptions Campbell
Yards Hyatt

I think in the slot if Campbell starts day 1 he will get the most volume of receptions just on the quick passing game.

Yards I went with a wild card in Hyatt, it was him or Slayton and I went Hyatt because I think while his receptions will not be that high his chunk yardage/explosive plays will add up.

Ed Vette

I went with Waller for receptions and Hyatt for yards.

Now for some reason, Waller healthy is just too good to be true. In that worse case scenario then Slayton gets elevated to prime target but if DJ doesn't have time to throw then Richie James replacement Campbell gets the reps.

As for leading TD receptions, that would be Waller.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

I think Waller will lead the team in receptions, but I don't think he will lead in yards.  TE's get a lot of receptions on dump offs and 3rd and shorts.  I went with Campbell there but I could see Hyatt being that guy as well.  I think either of those guys or both could average over 15 yards/rec.

Dgoodmantrublu

I don't think that is how Waller will be used. Bellinger will get those. Waller is a downfield weapon, unlike most tight ends.

Quote from: uconnjack8 on August 10, 2023, 07:18:23 PMI think Waller will lead the team in receptions, but I don't think he will lead in yards.  TE's get a lot of receptions on dump offs and 3rd and shorts.  I went with Campbell there but I could see Hyatt being that guy as well.  I think either of those guys or both could average over 15 yards/rec.

True Blue

Waller if healthy should get the most receptions. Yard I am unsure, if Hodgins picks up where he left off I can see him cracking 1000. But I went with Slayton, guy feeling that is likely wrong

uconnjack8

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on August 10, 2023, 07:48:46 PMI don't think that is how Waller will be used. Bellinger will get those. Waller is a downfield weapon, unlike most tight ends.

I do think Waller will get some down field targets but his career ypc is 12. 

So if that pattern keeps up he would need 84+ catches to break 1000 yards.  I think some of the speed on the outside will average a bit more ypc with less catches and more yards.  I think highly of Waller but I dont think he will have 90+ receptions because of the amount of solid options this team has.

Stringer Bell

I think there's 0% chance Hyatt leads the team in yardage. In fact, I'd be willing to wager anything that he finishes the year with less than 600 yards. Any takers?

bighitterdalama

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 10, 2023, 01:15:13 PMGood point. Who is your player personnel in 11 and then in 12?

11-
Waller or Bellinger
Slayton
Campbell or Hodgins
Hyatt

Waller
Bellinger
Slayton
Hodgins, Campbell or Hyatt

Ed, I too went Waller/receptions and Hyatt/yards. For personnel:

11:
TE Waller/Bellinger split 50/50 (Waller more on passing downs, Bellinger on run downs)
WR Hyatt, Campbell, Hodgins (sometimes Slayton)

12:

TE Waller + Bellinger
WR Slayton + Campbell (sometimes Hyatt)

ralphpal1

If haytt has less than 600 yrds either something went very well or very bad

Ed Vette

I see a few picked Barkley for Receptions and last year he was tied with Richie James with 57 receptions, so that's not out of the realm of possibility. Slayton led with yards (724) and next was James the Slot Receiver with 569. The entire TE squad only had a combined 560 yards.

Kafka and Daboll had to have come up with quite a different Offensive Playbook to include Waller and design plays for him and Hyatt. Or, did some of these plays always exist but were not targets? The answer to both is yes. The change will be in how Daniel Jones reads his progressions, the separation of the Receivers, and his time to throw. I expect the play-calling to actually be called to set up other targets. Out of one formation, Waller will be the target, and out of that same formation, Waller will be the decoy for a deeper route. I can see the X and Z Receivers on Option Routes, similar to Gilbride's Offense because now, hopefully, they have a totally balanced attack, an Offensive Line that can provide both protection and Run Lanes, Speed, and a QB who can deliver. 
~ Coach Tom Coughlin