News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Who will be the Giants Leading Pass Catcher?

Started by Ed Vette, August 10, 2023, 12:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yards and Receptions. Vote Both.

You may only select up to 2 options.

Ed Vette

Does anyone believe that there will be a Receiver with 100+ receptions with all these weapons and DJ's proclivity to spread the ball around? 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 11, 2023, 10:08:37 AMDoes anyone believe that there will be a Receiver with 100+ receptions with all these weapons and DJ's proclivity to spread the ball around? 

I don't think anyone gets a 100 catches unless a WR really emerges as a true #1 and is just destroying coverage. 

Last year NFL teams averaged 363 receptions/team.  The highest was TB with 499 and the lowest was 223 by the Bears.  If you figure this team to be average a or a little above you could assume 370 - 400 receptions for the team total. 

I don't think any one target with have 25% or more of those receptions.  I think the leader in receptions comes has some in the realm of 70-80.  I mentioned an exception above, but there are others that could cause a player to have a higher percentage of the team total as well. 

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on August 11, 2023, 10:22:28 AMI don't think anyone gets a 100 catches unless a WR really emerges as a true #1 and is just destroying coverage. 

Last year NFL teams averaged 363 receptions/team.  The highest was TB with 499 and the lowest was 223 by the Bears.  If you figure this team to be average a or a little above you could assume 370 - 400 receptions for the team total. 

I don't think any one target with have 25% or more of those receptions.  I think the leader in receptions comes has some in the realm of 70-80.  I mentioned an exception above, but there are others that could cause a player to have a higher percentage of the team total as well. 

I happen to agree
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

PSUBeirut

I went with Barkley receptions and Waller yards.  I'd love to have it turn out that Hyatt takes the crown in both.  But I do think they are going to involve Saquon more in the pass game this year and it won't take many more receptions to ensure he leads the team in that area.  For Waller, I think Kafka is going to have him picking up chunks of yards in the middle of the field.  Main worry about picking Waller for yards is that I don't think he'll play a full 17 games this year.  I think we'll get 12-14 high-quality games out of him.

True Blue

I highly doubt Saquon leads this year, more mouths to feed, and I think the ball will be spread around quite a bit, and also see Saquon getting fewer snaps with Gray and co in the backfield as the Giants need to evaluate what they have when he is gone next year.

Ed Vette

Quote from: True Blue on August 11, 2023, 01:26:40 PMI highly doubt Saquon leads this year, more mouths to feed, and I think the ball will be spread around quite a bit, and also see Saquon getting fewer snaps with Gray and co in the backfield as the Giants need to evaluate what they have when he is gone next year.
Saquon got a lot of check-down receptions and behind the LOS. He drops a lot of passes and that % to targets is higher than Slayton. I would hope DJ doesn't have to check down nearly as much this year.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin