News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Evan Neal Hosts Teammates on Alligator Tour & Runs First Football Camp | Giants

Started by MightyGiants, August 10, 2023, 02:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

This offseason, Evan Neal invited us to his hometown of Okeechobee, Florida. We followed Evan to his first football camp along with an alligator tour weekend with his teammates. We learn more about Evan's childhood and his journey in the NFL. "Giants Profiles" presented by United.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

6th grade and 6'3". Did you see he was about two feet taller than the other players? I wonder if the transition might have been easier for him at LT.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Dgoodmantrublu

It certainly would have been. This year is the first season he's playing in the same spot two straight seasons since high school. I remember reading that the guy he was training with said he was basically playing with a left tackle stance last season. The stance itself is making a major difference. He's getting to his landmarks much quicker this year.

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 10, 2023, 03:27:02 PM6th grade and 6'3". Did you see he was about two feet taller than the other players? I wonder if the transition might have been easier for him at LT.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on August 10, 2023, 03:28:48 PMIt certainly would have been. This year is the first season he's playing in the same spot two straight seasons since high school. I remember reading that the guy he was training with said he was basically playing with a left tackle stance last season. The stance itself is making a major difference. He's getting to his landmarks much quicker this year.

As Bobby Skinner said, his footwork is greatly improved.  Now Neal needs to work on his hands.  In my opinion, the footwork is the more important.   Being in the right spot is key, you can't do much if you don't have that.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dgoodmantrublu

I think he goes from awful to good this year. I think he'll be very good either by the end of the year or by next season. If he's good, that will allow our offense to be very good.

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 10, 2023, 03:32:58 PMAs Bobby Skinner said, his footwork is greatly improved.  Now Neal needs to work on his hands.  In my opinion, the footwork is the more important.   Being in the right spot is key, you can't do much if you don't have that.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on August 10, 2023, 03:34:20 PMI think he goes from awful to good this year. I think he'll be very good either by the end of the year or by next season. If he's good, that will allow our offense to be very good.

Agreed, last year Neal hampered the offense because he was often beaten quickly.   This season it looks like he may not be a wall, but he should lose slow enough that the Giants can run the type of offense they want.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE